can't install the xbox app +run games on said app

Discus and support can't install the xbox app +run games on said app in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; confusing title but heres the run down, at the start of today I wasn't able to run and games, I was getting a error prompt giving me a file name and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Samanthabenedetti, Jan 23, 2022.

1. can't install the xbox app +run games on said app

confusing title but heres the run down, at the start of today I wasn't able to run and games, I was getting a error prompt giving me a file name and saying "the data is invald" and after talking to support they had me uninstall and reinstall the xbox app, only problem is when I tried to reinstall it I was getting a error code 0x8007000D

:)

Samanthabenedetti, Jan 23, 2022
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

First try to reset the Store

- Go to settings by pressing the Windows + i keys

- Navigate to Apps >>> Applications and features.

- Select the Microsoft Store application and then click Advanced Options.

- Click the Reset button.

- Confirm the reset by clicking on Reset again.

- Check the store and see if the issue is resolved.

If that doesn't work, then try to clear the Store cache;

- Try and press the "Windows + r" keys and type "wsreset.exe" (without the quotes)

- A command prompt window will pop up and close after a few seconds.

- When the Store automatically check if the issue is resolved.

If that doesn't help, next you can try to run the troubleshooter

— Go to Settings by pressing Windows + i

— Navigate to Update & Security >>> Troubleshooting.

— Then select Windows Store Applications then choose the Run Troubleshooter.

— It will launch and check for problems with the Microsoft Store. If it detects a problem, follow its recommendations to fix it.

— When you're done, open the Store and check if the issue is resolved

Last step is to reinstall the Store

— Run Windows PowerShell as administrator. (Right click on the start button and click on 'Windows Shell - Admin)

— Now to reinstall the Store, Copy and paste this command:

Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsStore | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register '$ ($ _. InstallLocation) \\ AppXManifest.xml'}

— Open the Microsoft Store and check if the issue has been resolved.
  3. clamore125 Win User

Xbox App broken game installs

The games don't show up in the apps list. I can't cancel or download the games through the Microsoft Store, it requires me to install said games through the Xbox app (game pass games). I tried wsreset, but it didn't resolve the issue, as the 2 games still show up as ready to install, and I can't do anything except view the installs in the Xbox app
  4. Ryannuuu234 Win User

Flight Simulator 2020 (Press any key to start)

I have the xbox game pass and I found that I just had to uninstall and reinstall the xbox app(had already installed the 90 gb the previous night). Then run the app the first time, log in and then close the app. Restart the app and it should detect your
    flight simulator install. Running the flight simulator from the newly installed xbox app seems to get me through the infinite "press a key" loop.
  5. BarryWallis Win User

Can't launch Flight Simulator 2020 on Game Pass

I also tried installing on a different drive, running as admin, reinstalling XBox beta app, running from XBox, running from Windows Store, running from start menu, terminate the app, repairing the app, resetting the app. All to no avail.
  6. MauricioMonroy Win User

MCC Downloaded, but Halo Reach won't Install!

I uninstalled from the app as you said, but now can't install it again from there, it says I haven't purchased the Game Pass.
Thema:

1. can't install the xbox app +run games on said app - Similar Threads - can't install app

2. Can't install game on the Xbox app on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install game on the Xbox app on PC: Hello, I tried installing a game on my laptop through the xbox app but due to system updates my laptop kept resetting. The game install had just kept pausing and continuing through this until it...
  3. Can't install xBox App on Windows

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't install xBox App on Windows: Hello, Since a few days ago I had a problem where my xbox app on windows was freezing when starting it and had to close it with the task manager. I wanted to try fixing it using the repair option...
  4. Xbox app can't install paid games on ARM devices

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app can't install paid games on ARM devices: I can't for the life of me find how to open a support ticket directly with Microsoft - the website just keeps sending me around in circles, so this is my best bet for now I guess :-/ There seems...
  5. Can't open ANY game when Xbox Game App installed - Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't open ANY game when Xbox Game App installed - Windows 11: About a week ago I went to load up a game on Game Pass (Weird West) but when I searched for the Xbox app it was missing. I ended up reinstalling the app and then went to play something else....
  6. Can't install any game via xbox app windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't install any game via xbox app windows 11: Dear all, hello, I've just built my new pc and installed a fresh version of Windows 11 PRO in it. After finishing all the necessary stuff needed for my pc, i've decided to finally play some game...
  7. Can't install games on Xbox PC Game Pass App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install games on Xbox PC Game Pass App: I have recently came to the issue of not being able to install games on the Xbox app. The cause seems to be the app not recognizing me as administrator when I am one. I have previously installed...
  8. Can't install anything on the game pass app for PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install anything on the game pass app for PC: I am unable to install anything on my app for the PC Game Pass when I try to I get this message. I go to my settings and change the drive it's installing into and nothing happens. I try to install...
  9. can't install game from xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can't install game from xbox app: i bought a game from the xbox app but its not giving me an option to install it, it is in my order history and even the xbox website has the "install to" button, clicking on it launches the xbox...
  10. Can't install Game Pass games with the xbox pc app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install Game Pass games with the xbox pc app: I was able to use the app just a few weeks ago, but now I can't install any games. I get an error that says error code 0x00000001) I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, I've updated my...