Can't install xBox App on Windows

Discus and support Can't install xBox App on Windows in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, Since a few days ago I had a problem where my xbox app on windows was freezing when starting it and had to close it with the task manager. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Skanax, May 23, 2022.

1. Skanax
    Skanax Guest

Hello,

Since a few days ago I had a problem where my xbox app on windows was freezing when starting it and had to close it with the task manager.
    I wanted to try fixing it using the repair option but it did not work, so I uninstalled it.

But when trying to reinstall it, first I wasn't able to from the Microsoft store because the download button stay stuck in the "loading gray" and never show up.

So I downloaded the exe from xbox web site, it shows a box to install, but during the process it close suddenly with no error message...

I have no idea what I'm supposed to do to make it work so any help would be great.

For info i'm on windows 10 and on the last available version.

:)

Skanax, May 23, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Xbox app can't install paid games on ARM devices

You can't install games on Windows currently without using the Xbox app
  3. EagerSkydiver60 Win User

Can't install some games on xbox game pass for PC?

I have restarted, restarted modem, flushed dns, signed in and out etc, also tried task manager fix. tried looking in windows store for updates, as per recommendation from another website. No luck. The mobile app can't install games, my other computer
    can't install games, the windows store can't install games, and the xbox beta app can't install games. This is seriously broken and I haven't seen any effort from Microsoft to fix it
  4. ChiefJoboo Win User

Xbox deletion

On windows 10, the xbox app is installed with windows and can not be removed. You can disable the various services in the services menu but you can't uninstall the xbox app. You can also turn off the game bar.

If it's not the xbox app what do you mean?
  5. ryanhoeflich Win User

Xbox App on Windows 10 not working

Windows 10 is on the latest build and the problem is that I can't install the app so I can't access the settings.
  6. GEOFFREYHART Win User

Microsoft xbox installer

Hi, have you checked out this?
    I'm not having trouble installing a game yet.I can't install the xbox installer from the app?
Thema:

1. Can't install xBox App on Windows - Similar Threads - Can't install App

2. Can't install game on the Xbox app on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install game on the Xbox app on PC: Hello, I tried installing a game on my laptop through the xbox app but due to system updates my laptop kept resetting. The game install had just kept pausing and continuing through this until it...
  3. Xbox app can't install paid games on ARM devices

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app can't install paid games on ARM devices: I can't for the life of me find how to open a support ticket directly with Microsoft - the website just keeps sending me around in circles, so this is my best bet for now I guess :-/ There seems...
  4. Can't open ANY game when Xbox Game App installed - Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't open ANY game when Xbox Game App installed - Windows 11: About a week ago I went to load up a game on Game Pass (Weird West) but when I searched for the Xbox app it was missing. I ended up reinstalling the app and then went to play something else....
  5. Can't install any game via xbox app windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't install any game via xbox app windows 11: Dear all, hello, I've just built my new pc and installed a fresh version of Windows 11 PRO in it. After finishing all the necessary stuff needed for my pc, i've decided to finally play some game...
  6. Can't install games on Xbox PC Game Pass App

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install games on Xbox PC Game Pass App: I have recently came to the issue of not being able to install games on the Xbox app. The cause seems to be the app not recognizing me as administrator when I am one. I have previously installed...
  7. Can't install anything on the game pass app for PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install anything on the game pass app for PC: I am unable to install anything on my app for the PC Game Pass when I try to I get this message. I go to my settings and change the drive it's installing into and nothing happens. I try to install...
  8. can't install game from xbox app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can't install game from xbox app: i bought a game from the xbox app but its not giving me an option to install it, it is in my order history and even the xbox website has the "install to" button, clicking on it launches the xbox...
  9. Can't install Game Pass games with the xbox pc app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install Game Pass games with the xbox pc app: I was able to use the app just a few weeks ago, but now I can't install any games. I get an error that says error code 0x00000001) I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, I've updated my...
  10. I can't install any games or apps onto my xbox.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't install any games or apps onto my xbox.: Whenever I try to install a game or app onto my xbox, whether it's from the Microsoft store or my games library, the installation sits on "installing" forever. Sometimes it also just stops. I have...