can't launch any game on my xbox pc app due to file name syntax error

Discus and support can't launch any game on my xbox pc app due to file name syntax error in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; when I launch any game from Xbox pc app it gives me a file name syntax error. I think Xbox app stores the games in the windows app folder. I took... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Sambhav_322, Nov 13, 2021.

1. Sambhav_322
    Sambhav_322 Guest

when I launch any game from Xbox pc app it gives me a file name syntax error. I think Xbox app stores the games in the windows app folder. I took ownership

of the folder with full controls to view the game folder. But I am still not able to rename the folder as it says access is denied (for a probable fix for file name syntax is incorrect error) despite having full ownership of the parent folder. Please help

:)

Sambhav_322, Nov 13, 2021
  2. mvsrule Win User

MS Flight Simulator installation with error message

Windows standard with the space is fine:

File.Open(C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe);

fails because there is no expected space, it ends up as:

File.Open(C:\Program -> error

File.Open("C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe"); -> quote " syntax handles spaces.

This assumes though the "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe" is the actual issue, or it could
    be the app having the path issue error.

The other possible issue I see is with Windows insider builds: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/580065-the-filename-directory-name-or-volume-label-syntax-is/
  3. marcosa2002 Win User

"Save to my pc" option in Windows Phone 8 Synchronization App - doesn't work

Looks like "Save to my PC" does work. Viewed my Music library through the desktop and the downloaded music is there. When I click on the file the Xbox Music app launches but I get an error "Can't play file - error code 0xc1010091. So my problem isn't
    that "Save to my PC" doesn't work - my problem is that the content downloaded to my phone from the Xbox Music store doesn't show up on my computer when I synch it with the Windows Phone App for Windows 8 or if I copy it over using the desktop.
  4. mvsrule Win User

I found this error in the Event Viewer->Apps and Services Logs->Microsoft->Windows->“AppModel-Runtime”

0x8007007B: Cannot create the process for package Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe because an error was encountered while configuring runtime. [LaunchProcess]

This error matches the timestamps and the error:

C:\Program

Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe

The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Gamepass Pc

Hi,

Error 0x80070005 is an 'access denied' error code. It means that games and apps can't be installed due to file access restrictions.

Did you use D:\ drive on a previous PC or previous install of Windows 10?

Games and Apps on Windows 10 Store install to a folder called 'WindowsApps', if this folder already exists on your drive, you won't be able to install games.
  6. mvsrule Win User

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2020/08/21/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-20197/

We fixed an issue resulting in Microsoft Flight Simulator failing to launch on the previous two flights with an error citing: “The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect”.
Thema:

1. can't launch any game on my xbox pc app due to file name syntax error - Similar Threads - can't launch game

2. can't launch any game from gamepass pc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can't launch any game from gamepass pc.: every game I try to launch it says that the game license has expired. ddf5d32d-b029-4d0b-b872-a98c381cfcb4
  3. Parental Controls blocking games from launching and I can't turn them off

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Parental Controls blocking games from launching and I can't turn them off: I have been trying to download the dlc for Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas on my Xbox360, but anytime I try to launch them a message comes up telling me that the game is blocked by parental...
  4. Can't launch games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't launch games: I have Xbox game pass ultimate. On PC, I cant install 99% of the games, only a few games i can install but cant launch. 0x80070005 error always comes up. I also cant launch minecraft from the xbox...
  5. Some PC Gamepass games can't launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Some PC Gamepass games can't launch: Hello, I have problems with some PC Gamepass games. While i can properly launch and play some games, others will never launch. Actually, they launch the first time, then close suddenly. After...
  6. Can't launch a game on xbox series s (fallout76) with active "game pass console" subscription

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't launch a game on xbox series s (fallout76) with active "game pass console" subscription: Hi guys, The problem is when I am opening the game, after "press any button to start" window, console asking me to choose game pass plan. Only one option is available "game pass ultimate"....
  7. Can't launch Skul from Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't launch Skul from Game Pass: Hello, When I installed Skul on Xbox Game Pass it worked fine but after restarting my computer the game can't be launched anymore. I'm getting the 'This app can't open. Check the Windows Store...
  8. Game stopped launching after upgrade to Windows 11 (Flight Simulator) "This app Can't open"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game stopped launching after upgrade to Windows 11 (Flight Simulator) "This app Can't open": Game stopped launching after upgrade to Windows 11 (Flight Simulator) "This app Can't open Check the Store for more info about Microsoft Flight Simulator." Anyone had this problem? The app...
  9. I can't launch any Xbox Gamepass games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't launch any Xbox Gamepass games.: Whenever I try to launch any game on Game Pass, it just says "This app can't open". It happens for all apps, even when I uninstall and redownload them, I've tried Crusader Kings III, Humankind, No...
  10. Can't download or launch ANY game from xbox app on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download or launch ANY game from xbox app on PC: Xbox game pass for PC, started last night. I logged in and played a few games just fine, restarted my computer due to the immense amount of lag I was getting on "The Riftbreaker" for literally no...