Can’t log in with alternate email

Discus and support Can’t log in with alternate email in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My account had a 30 day wait to change my security info(remove my email). That wait period ended yesterday. I tried logging in today with the new... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by FuddRuckinTruckin, May 4, 2019.

1. Can’t log in with alternate email

My account had a 30 day wait to change my security info(remove my email). That wait period ended yesterday. I tried logging in today with the new information i had registered but it said “this account doesn’t exist”. I was able to log in to my account
    by using the original email i was trying to remove. How long is it supposed to take until i am able to log into my account with my new email/phone number and not with the email i deleted?

:)

FuddRuckinTruckin, May 4, 2019
  2. Jacob Pantuso Win User

Hey GoodLuvin,

We are so sorry you are experiencing this issue.

If you had recently changed your information in the last 24 hours, you should be expected to wait another 24. Account changes like that usually take up to 48 hours to register. If your problem still persists you may have to take it up with Support.

Keep me posted.
  3. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi GoodLuvinTruckin,

Thanks for reaching out to us in the forums with this question. Insofar as

changing your email address (alias) used for logging into your Microsoft account
    , typically it does take 30 days for security purposes to fully engage; however, in your situation, it seems as if the primary alias that you had initially is still listed as
    such at current. When you updated the email address, did you set the new email address as your primary address at that time? If so, it would have been available for logging into your account in about 48 hours.

You may wish to go ahead and
    log back into your Microsoft account
    and view your current settings to ensure that you've selected your new email address as the primary alias to be sure. Additionally, since you were able to log back into the account with the original email address, that
    indicates that it was not deleted.

Please be sure that you, in fact, wish to delete that email address from the account because
    if you remove an alias that's an email address from a Microsoft domain (like @hotmail.com, @live.com, @outlook.com, or @msn.com), you're permanently deleting the alias and it can't be associated with any Microsoft account again. It would also keep
    you from logging into the email for that address as well.

I hope that this helps out and should you have further questions, please feel free to ask.
  4. HulkUK75 Win User

5. IIII Modz IIII Win User

System is attempting to send email to the wrong address

Hi there Dubhghlas!

The system is sending the code to your Alternate address for security reasons.

If your alternative address is Inactive or not accessible then you must login to your Windows live and change the alternate email address by going to your account setting on hotmail.(Login in to your current email your logged in with your xbox)

Good luck!
  6. TurningCupid Win User

Why did it change my GamerTag and account?

I got it back! I logged in with my alternative email and it connected. Very strange! This is the first time ive used that email in years, I even had to reset my password
Thema:

1. Can’t log in with alternate email - Similar Threads - Can’t log alternate

2. Can’t log onto Xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t log onto Xbox account: Hi All Two issues 1. cant log onto xbox account, says sorry *** sign in using a controller, controller is connected but just wont log on, just keeps the error messge. 2. for months now my son...
  3. I can’t log into youtube

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t log into youtube: When I put my code into youtube.com/activate then select my account and click allow. On my screen and error message comes up saying “something went wrong, sign-in failed” and so I can’t log into...
  4. Why can’t I log into my account on my Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I log into my account on my Xbox 360?: When i turn my xbox 360 on it says i cant log into my account and if it doesnt then go to www.xbox.com/support. Can you walk me through this? c433207d-537f-4792-83d3-6353a854b67a
  5. Can’t log back into Microsoft account on switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t log back into Microsoft account on switch: [img] [img] I was playing minecraft on my nintendo switch signed into my microsoft account. When i was done i closed minecraft and when i went back on it signed me out of my microsoft account. I...
  6. Can’t log on. It’s been weeks

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t log on. It’s been weeks: I keep getting error code E202 and am never able to launch any games or programs. Don’t want to do a hard reboot if can avoid. All profiles are missing as well. 0663c45d-0f40-4fb7-b9ab-70229c77f519
  7. Can’t log in to Xbox live, or ‘add-new’ account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t log in to Xbox live, or ‘add-new’ account.: Hi everyone i recently purchased red dead redemption 2 and have been playing it fine for a few days whilst being logged into my xbox live account. I turned it on today to continue where i left...
  8. 2Wire 2Wire 2701 HG-G: Can’t log into FIFA18

in XboX Networking Hardware
    2Wire 2Wire 2701 HG-G: Can’t log into FIFA18: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways) 2Wire 2701 HG-G (Bell-Alliant): Can’t log into FIFA18 Try to delete the game, restart the console and download the game again 8eb881d9-eda5-4381-a6df-4ec331cd406a
  9. Can’t log into Xbox live or accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t log into Xbox live or accounts: When is microsoft going fix their login issues. Do they seriously expect me to remove all my family members accounts and then relink them. What am i paying them for, really irritating, my children...
  10. Set up Xbox on new tv. Logged in. But can’t find my child’s account which should be under ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Set up Xbox on new tv. Logged in. But can’t find my child’s account which should be under ...: It has her xbox live what can i do to get it back? 584e497c-66b9-405d-8405-2b639a529f10