Can't make XBOX Live purchases on my US card while overseas, after 5+ years of doing so....

Discus and support Can't make XBOX Live purchases on my US card while overseas, after 5+ years of doing so.... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently got an error message 80167611, after trying to purchase DLC. I've been using the same Card and another one to make purchases on xbox for... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by nattylitewvu, Aug 7, 2014.

1. nattylitewvu
    nattylitewvu Guest

Can't make XBOX Live purchases on my US card while overseas, after 5+ years of doing so....

I recently got an error message 80167611, after trying to purchase DLC. I've been using the same Card and another one to make purchases on xbox for years while i have been overseas without problem. Now all of the sudden I cant use it. Chat support basically
    told me I had just fallen through the cracks for all these years.

I dont understand why after 5+ years of loyal service, using my US card for purchases for hundreds if not thousand of $, while in korea, that my access to purchases is shut off. We live in an era where access to media and ability to make purchases over the
    net is becoming easier and easier, and that ease of commerce and service can make or break companies. Yet MS is making it harder for myself to access their services. I'm not jumping through a thousand hoops to renew my account or make purchases. The previous
    convenience was what made me stay for so long .. This unfortunately, will probably be the end of the relationship between MS and myself if it is not fixed.... I have been playing less and less over the years as i get older...and I guess its time to move on
    or find another console that affords me easy access to content...

:)

nattylitewvu, Aug 7, 2014
  2. mmasontke
    mmasontke Guest
    U.S. military in Hong Kong

ok so then there's no way for a us military member (probably only overseas for a few years, with only american credit cards) to sign up for xbox live.

brilliant.

I had my account prior to moving over here - i just use the vpn on my computer to purchase microsoft points to download things. it's the only way I can use my card for xbox..

(edit) btw - we live on american soil, and have an american mailing address. dozens of other companies have found easy ways for us to spend the dollars we earn defending the country from overseas with them. you'd think xbox would have something set up for
    APO/FPO servicemembers...

mmasontke, Aug 7, 2014
  3. xboxfelix
    xboxfelix Guest
    Credit card failed when you tried to purchase an item or add another credit card

Common Xbox LIVE Credit Card Error Codes:

You will see one of the following error codes whenever your payment option can't be authorized through your bank, or Xbox LIVE detects any suspicious activity, making it to prevent charges:

• 8004ad43
    • 8058F041
    • 8C010003
    Here are some solutions you can try to resolve the problem

Solution 1: Check your billing address

Confirm that the billing address for your Xbox LIVE account is the same one used by your credit card company.

If the billing address is the same for your Xbox LIVE account and your credit card company, you can try this next solution

Solution 2: Contact your bank or financial institution

Here are the reasons why the Xbox LIVE purchase might have failed:

• Your credit card has not been activated
    • You have insufficient funds in your credit card
    • Your credit card does not accept online purchases or automatic billing
    • The credit card company is blocking your credit card from being used
    You should contact your bank or credit card company to confirm that the credit card is active, it has sufficient funds, and it is not being blocked for any reason.

If you have confirmed that all these are in order, try the following solution:

Solution 3: Try your purchase again later

Here are some of the reasons why the Xbox LIVE purchase might be blocked:

• Recent purchase attempts have been declined several times
    • You are using the Xbox LIVE account or payment option from an incorrect location
    • You may have a non-payment violation on your payment option, so it is being prevented from making new purchases
    Whenever there are several purchase failures, it can prevent new transactions from being processed until after a certain period. You should wait and try again after 24-48 hours.

If the problem persists after you have waited 48 hours, try this next solution.

Solution 4: Remove your card and try again

If you receive error 80190864 while trying to purchase a new Xbox LIVE subscription, it means the payment option you are using has a billing decline violation against it, and you can no longer use it to sign up. If the credit card you are using has an unpaid balance for a previous subscription, you will be required to use a new credit card.

Solution 5: Use a prepaid Microsoft Points or Membership card if available

Another option is to buy a prepaid Microsoft Points card from a retail location and use it to make your Xbox LIVE purchases. Not all purchases allow for the use of Microsoft Points or prepaid options. Make sure that the purchase you want to make allows for the use of Microsoft points or prepaid cards.

xboxfelix, Aug 7, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Here is a link to the error code that you received.

support.xbox.com/.../error-code-80167611-80169e7f

Unfortunately your billing info must match your actual location in order to be used.

You'll either need to continue dealing with phone support for this or consider setting up a paypal account and add it to your gamertag to continue paying for items.

onyxishere, Aug 7, 2014
  5. RattiestBog
    RattiestBog Guest
    My husband and I are here in Korea and had the same issue. We have to use the prepaid gift cards.

RattiestBog, Sep 17, 2014
  6. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    If it is the same issue then the same answer above will apply. The billing info must match the country that you live in.

onyxishere, Nov 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't make XBOX Live purchases on my US card while overseas, after 5+ years of doing so.... - Similar Threads - Can't Live purchases

2. Purchased a Year Long Game Live and Game Pass and can't use with family

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased a Year Long Game Live and Game Pass and can't use with family: I purchased a 12 month Live Game and Gold Pass and activated undery account intendihifor it to be used for my family members listed under my account including my children. I am able to use them...
  3. Não consigo fazer a compra de Xbox live gold nem gamepass? [Translate] Can't I purchase...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Não consigo fazer a compra de Xbox live gold nem gamepass? [Translate] Can't I purchase...: Tenho 5,40 no saldo da Microsoft store, e tenho uma promoção de 1 mês de Xbox live gold,e outra de 3 meses de gamepass,ambas por 1 real cada uma,mas quando tento confirmar a compra pede um cartão...
  4. Can't make Xbox Live Gold purchases

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't make Xbox Live Gold purchases: I'm trying to buy a $1 xbox live gold subscription and when I try to, it keeps saying "We can't make this purchase right now" Even though I have almost $2 on my microsoft account balance. And I...
  5. Live gold deal £8.99 can't purchase it on console or online which is a joke!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Live gold deal £8.99 can't purchase it on console or online which is a joke!: As it states above can't buy the deal on the console or online and i have really had enough of console for gaming i think i will sell my 5 months old xbox s and return to pc for gaming because all...
  6. Can't purchase games from Xbox live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't purchase games from Xbox live: Can't purchase games from xbox live. Earlier everything was ok. But now i've got message that i need to change my store region (or something). PUR-RiskRejected-CrossRegion 13pDupW0nt47nXhE.0.12...
  7. Why can't I purchase gold live membership with the money in my account?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I purchase gold live membership with the money in my account?: I can't buy the gold live deals (like £1 in black market and the 1 month free) even though I do have the money for it. dd7a6c90-877b-4694-bf66-2cb86faa6314
  8. Purchased Xbox Live Gold, can't seem to do anything with it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Purchased Xbox Live Gold, can't seem to do anything with it.: Purchased Xbox Live Gold 12 month membership. Every time I try to do something with it, I am prompted to "join" again. And when I post here, I am "Unidentified user" even though I am logged in....
  9. I just found that I can't purchase live with a gift card is there anything I can do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just found that I can't purchase live with a gift card is there anything I can do?: I just bought a $25 Card because there wasn't any 3-month memberships at the store and just found that you can't buy live with it...help? 9017f399-3eb4-408a-9834-1bc4153b088c
  10. Can't make purchases on xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't make purchases on xbox live: For the past couple days, I have not been able to make any in game purchases. I can not type in a code or anything. Every time I click on purchase, it goes to a black screen for a couple seconds...