Can't open ANY game when Xbox Game App installed - Windows 11

Discus and support Can't open ANY game when Xbox Game App installed - Windows 11 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; About a week ago I went to load up a game on Game Pass (Weird West) but when I searched for the Xbox app it was missing. I ended up reinstalling the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Garlin1, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Garlin1
    Garlin1 Guest

About a week ago I went to load up a game on Game Pass (Weird West) but when I searched for the Xbox app it was missing. I ended up reinstalling the app and then went to play something else. Yesterday I loaded the app and installed Hades, once it was done I tried to run it and nothing happened. I opened task manager and tried to force close the game, as it showed it running, and the task manager froze. I tried to open Chrome to look up the issue and that froze... I then decided to just restart the PC which didn't work either so I had to hard reboot.

After the restart I tried once again to open Hades which did the same thing as before. I once again had to hard reboot, but this time I had a few ideas to test. On my next reboot I tried to install another game from game pass, same issue and had to reboot. I tried to install a game from steam, same thing had to reboot. I installed a game from Epic, reboot.. EA, Reboot. I removed the Xbox app and the issues went away. I could download/install games from all services, minus Xbox game pass, and worked fine.

I reinstalled the Xbox app thinking maybe it was just a corrupt install and soon as I did everything stopped working as before. I did a repair on the App and the Gaming Service, but to no avail. I am hoping someone has some insight in to a fix, one that doesn't involve a wipe; which I consider a last resort.

:)

Garlin1, Apr 25, 2022
  2. HomegrownSilky Win User

XBOX GAMES FOR PC LOST AFTER DOWNLOADING MICROSOFT 11

Lois, let me see if I understand. You're subscribed to Gamepass, right?

When you open the Xbox app on your PC, no games are showed there? What exactly the app showed you when you open it?

Also, you said you installed, 11 of them, you cannot see them installed on your PC?
    They installed Windows 11, not "installed 11" games.
  3. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Garlin1, how are you today? Hope you're well.

Garlin1, there are a few things we could try:

So, let's try this, first, make sure your windows and all its services are up to date:

Open Settings, click Update and Security and then Windows Update;

Click Check for Updates;

Click the Download and Install Now option, if available;

Also, check the Microsoft Store for any updates on the Xbox apps and its services.

Then try this:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for gaming services app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then do the same for the Xbox app:

Go to windows settings > apps > search for Xbox app > click on it and select advanced options.

After that, click repair and then restore, open the app and try again.

Then, try to uninstall and install the Xbox app. :)

If it still doesn't work you're going to uninstall the games services using a powershell command.

In the windows search bar type Powershell > Right click and select open as administrator > Type the command: "get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-Appxpackage –allusers" > Wait for the process to finish and then restart the PC, then open your Xbox gamepass app, it will ask you to install the gaming services again, install it and try again.

Then, after you do it, you're going to open the game pass app, it will ask you to download and install the game services again

If neither of those procedures works, try to restore your PC's OS via the ISO image tool, using that tool you will be able to maintain your installed games and files.

If you're using Windows 10:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

If you're using Windows 11:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

First, you will download it > Open the ISO Image tool > Open a file inside it called SETUP.exe > Select upgrade > download from the cloud > Keep games and apps.
  4. SamQY Win User

MS2020 flight simulator

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the Xbox community. How are you?

Open the Microsoft Store app on your Windows 10/11, log in with the account that purchased the game in the upper right corner of the app. Then look for the game in the app and install it.
  5. petulikan1 Win User

Xbox App cannot install game

I've downloaded that Windows 11 Installer, but there is a big problem with that. When I open that app and confirm the UAC dialogue then window pops out and instantly dissappears.
  6. xtrmsnpr Win User

Can't install any game via xbox app windows 11

Thank you for your quick reply, I appreciated.

I've tried everything you are mentioned, but with no luck.

Refreshing/restoring windows seems totally wrong move, since i've formatted my pc only yesterday.

Isn't there any other solution?
Thema:

1. Can't open ANY game when Xbox Game App installed - Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Can't open game

2. Can't Open Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Open Games: When I try to open Forza Horizon 5, it takes me to the page on the Windows store for the gaming services. Nothing happens, the page doesn't even load, it just shows the title. I've had the game...
  3. Can't open menus or download games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't open menus or download games: Hello, I've been having an issue on my Xbox Series X where the downloads of games are just stopping for no reason. I have about 700gb of storage so that's not the reason, but the downloads have...
  4. xbox pc无法打开已经下载好的游戏,但是使用ea平台打开的战地5可以正常使用?求解决方法(Can't open downloaded games on Xbox PC, but...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox pc无法打开已经下载好的游戏,但是使用ea平台打开的战地5可以正常使用?求解决方法(Can't open downloaded games on Xbox PC, but...: 法打开游戏 Can't open downloaded games on Xbox PC, but battlefield 5 on EA will work? Find a solution 32700ffc-d5b3-4acb-b261-5b46214279bd
  5. I'm on Alpha Skip Ahead and I can't open any games.

in XboX Insiders
    I'm on Alpha Skip Ahead and I can't open any games.: When I open it it stays in the game opening image stuck. How can I solve? submitted by /u/llhcs007 [link] [comments]
  6. Game stopped launching after upgrade to Windows 11 (Flight Simulator) "This app Can't open"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game stopped launching after upgrade to Windows 11 (Flight Simulator) "This app Can't open": Game stopped launching after upgrade to Windows 11 (Flight Simulator) "This app Can't open Check the Store for more info about Microsoft Flight Simulator." Anyone had this problem? The app...
  7. game pass PC "this app can't open" pop up

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game pass PC "this app can't open" pop up: When I try launch a game for the second time from game pass PC app, i get a pop up saying "this app can't open. Check the store for more info", however the store does not provide more info. I am...
  8. Can't open any game on pc. Getting strange error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't open any game on pc. Getting strange error: Anyone know what the go is with this? I get the same error regardless of what I try and open [img] eafc7cbb-5085-4e49-8419-8ec6be362d24
  9. Latest alpha skip ahead and I can't open games

in XboX Insiders
    Latest alpha skip ahead and I can't open games: Is it just me? submitted by /u/IAmReinvented [link] [comments]
  10. I can't open a game i downloaded from game pass on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't open a game i downloaded from game pass on PC: I recently downloaded Middle earth Shadow of war on my pc from game pass. I used to be able to play the game no problem but a few months ago it just stopped opening, it would crash instantly, no...