Can't play 360 games on xbox one using kids profile

Discus and support Can't play 360 games on xbox one using kids profile in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I got my younger cousin on my xbox account using the kid profile thing where he has his own profile but its linked to my xbox live when he tries to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Koatrer, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Koatrer
    Koatrer Guest

I got my younger cousin on my xbox account using the kid profile thing where he has his own profile but its linked to my xbox live when he tries to play some of the 360 games I have his profile ask him to sign into a 360 xbox live account the only one
    that shows up is mine will he have to just use my account or is there a way he can play on his profile let me know if this needs clarification thanks

:)

Koatrer, Sep 16, 2019
  2. ArminatorX Win User

He dosent have a xbox live account its family share so there's only one subscription
    Now I'm a bit confused.

What exactly do you mean by "kid profile thing on your account" then?

Do you have an adult Microsoft Account, and is the kid added to
    https://account.microsoft.com/family
    with their own child/kid account, or what do you mean exactly with the "kid profile thing"?

Ideally, each family member has their own Microsoft Account and Gamertag, so each person can save their own gaming progress and doesn't unlock achievements for someone else.

The family sharing is done on the Xbox One console. One person that owns a Gold membership can share that membership to one "Home Console", and everyone playing on that console can benefit from the Gold membership and the games that person purchased.

The Xbox 360 does not have the concept of the Home Console sharing. So if your kid is supposed to play online Multiplayer on the Xbox 360 (a real Xbox 360 console, not an emulated Xbox 360 game via Xbox One backwards compatibility), each account playing
    on a Xbox 360 would need a separate Gold membership.
  3. Koatrer Win User

Ya its family share and ya its an xbox one I keep getting 80150016 error message looked it up did the things it said still getting it and thanks for the help its awesome that people take the time to help
  4. ArminatorX Win User

Has he been able to play Xbox One games with his account?

If so, he has to download his account on the Xbox 360 by pressing the Guide button, signing out other players with X, and then choosing "Download Profile".

If that was already done, what is the exact error message you or the cousin gets?
  5. Koatrer Win User

It pops up asking him to sign into a xbox 360vlive account but he dosent have one how can I get the account he plays xbox one to play 360 game's
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Is it possible that the account that gets the error message during sign in has a very long password (longer than 15 characters), or that the account is protected by Two Step Verification (you can check that at

https://account.live.com/Proofs/Manage
    )

If so, go to the linked page, and have the page create an app password, then use that app password instead of your regular password when you sign in on the Xbox 360.

Another question: Is the cousin already playing (offline) on the Xbox 360? Do you mean that when you say "kid profile"?

If the kid has their own offline profile on the console, have them sign in on that offline profile, then press Guide button, and have them "Join Xbox Live".

If the kid has never played on a Xbox with their own account, they might need to have a Gamertag by going to
    https://www.xbox.com and signing in with their own Microsoft Account.
Thema:

1. Can't play 360 games on xbox one using kids profile - Similar Threads - Can't play 360

2. Why can't I play a dvd on my Xbox 360?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play a dvd on my Xbox 360?: Hi, I get this is a very old device, but why not allow (if possible) a patch to upgrade the system to play 4k and such? Thanks, Kevin 8a6113a0-542d-4c4d-9a34-5b49db991069
  3. Can't play Xbox 360 games on Xbox One X.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play Xbox 360 games on Xbox One X.: I just purchased an Xbox One X console as an upgrade from my Xbox One S and whenever I play Xbox 360 compatible games. I get this following error. Please try again Sorry, That didn't work for...
  4. Can't play MVP Baseball 2005 on Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play MVP Baseball 2005 on Xbox 360: I have added an external hard drive and updated the game. It says "This original Xbox game is not supported on your Xbox 360 console. An update to support this game may be available. For more...
  5. Please help I can't play 360 games on my Xbox1 anymore.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please help I can't play 360 games on my Xbox1 anymore.: I have an xbox1 and last week I turned on the xbox360 profile protection option online because it showed someone tried to use it. So now I have to download load my profile for360 games on any new...
  6. Please help I can't play 360 games on my Xbox1 anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help I can't play 360 games on my Xbox1 anymore: I have an xbox1 and last week I turned on the xbox360 profile protection option online because it showed someone tried to use it. So now I have to download load my profile for360 games on any new...
  7. Can't play ANY Xbox 360 games on my XBox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play ANY Xbox 360 games on my XBox One X: I cannot play any xbox 360 backwards compatible games on my Xbox one x as I have to "Download Xbox Live Profile" but when I attempt to do that and enter my email ******@******.airforce it gives me...
  8. Non riesco a giocare ai giochi 360 sulla xbox one[Translation-I can't play 360 games on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Non riesco a giocare ai giochi 360 sulla xbox one[Translation-I can't play 360 games on...: Ogni volta che carico un gioco xbox 360 mi di sconnette dal live e se provo a riconnettermi mi dice che lo devo riscaricare. Cosa devo fare? Ho gi verificatto l'account xbox live ed è in ordine...
  9. I can't play online on xbox 360 games whilst having Gold, and a xbox 1

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play online on xbox 360 games whilst having Gold, and a xbox 1: Hello, I purchased xbox live Gold today, unfortunately when I attempt to play any xbox 360 game it said "The current profile is not allowed to play on xbox live". I have deleted and readded the...
  10. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Xbox 360 Gamestopping Error & Can't Play Revelations DLC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 Xbox 360 Gamestopping Error & Can't Play Revelations DLC: I just bought "Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2" and the "Revelations" DLC on the Xbox 360 (because the game was free for Gold a few weeks ago). I'm having TWO MAJOR ISSUES that I hope a tech here...