Can't play a Downloaded game because... the disk wasn't able to be read?

Discus and support Can't play a Downloaded game because... the disk wasn't able to be read? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So thats one of the three errors I get. Dark Souls is the game I'm having the issue with. Another one is The Game Couldn't start, Try Downloading the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NightFire666, Dec 26, 2014.

1. NightFire666
    NightFire666 Guest

So thats one of the three errors I get.

Dark Souls is the game I'm having the issue with.

Another one is The Game Couldn't start, Try Downloading the game again. But the game isn't showing up on my history, so if I was to delete it would I have to purchase i? Since i got it when it was free a while ago.

Another issue is that is just freezes on the loading screen.

These errors weren't happening before XBL got hacked..

:)

NightFire666, Dec 26, 2014
  2. Game says I must stay connected to xbox live to play?

For some reason I can't play a downloaded game because I have to stay connected to Xbox live to do play. I can't control when Xbox logs me out of Live, and it is getting frustrating to not be able to play a game because of this. I thought downloaded games
    didn't need to be online all the time anymore. Wasn't that one of the things Xbox changed? Can't seem to figure out how to fix this. My Xbox one is connected through a wireless network, and when I test the connection it says everything is fine but then I don't
    have access to xbox live and can't play/update games.

BoboBionicMonky, Dec 26, 2014
  3. Installing onto my Xbox

I've never downloaded a game onto my Xbox before, but if I did download a game like Modern Warfare 3 onto my Xbox, would someone be able to take the disk and still be able to play off of the disc? This may be a question that has already been answered many
    times, but I was just asking because I'm not sure.

xXxMLG KaRmAxXx, Dec 26, 2014
Thema:

1. Can't play a Downloaded game because... the disk wasn't able to be read? - Similar Threads - Can't play Downloaded

2. Game requires update and we can't play until it is done downloading

in XboX Insiders
    Game requires update and we can't play until it is done downloading: Hi XBOX ONE S! Is there a way you can allow game play while updates are being downloaded? Example: My kids and I play ARK Survival Evolved, they have so many updates. Most of the time we can play...
  3. Não consigo baixar o app telecine play -[Translation - I can't download the telecine play app]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Não consigo baixar o app telecine play -[Translation - I can't download the telecine play app]: Tinha ele instalado no meu xbox one, como ele tava travando desinstalei pra baixar de novo. Só que ele não esta mais aparecendo para instalação o que fazer? -[Translation - Had it installed on my...
  4. I can't download my xlive profile while playing backward mode

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't download my xlive profile while playing backward mode: When i open my game it won't connect to xbox live, i tried to reconnect to my account but it wont let me in, then i deleted it and tried to redownload it but it won't let me, keep doing errors. I...
  5. Can't play downloaded games while offline or even see them

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play downloaded games while offline or even see them: Like the title says. If you've been online to buy and verify ownership of downloaded games once you should be able to and have every right to play your games offline. Every other platform offers...
  6. Can't play/download Tekken 6 on 360 (free games with gold) - I now live in Italy but my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play/download Tekken 6 on 360 (free games with gold) - I now live in Italy but my...: Hi I have the xbox games pass ultimate - free PC and xbox games. PC games work great using xbox beta app on my win 10 pc with VPN to uk. I am trying to use express vpn on my xbox 360 to allow me...
  7. Downloaded the apps on my Xbox and Note 9, but can't figure out exacy how to play games.

in XboX Insiders
    Downloaded the apps on my Xbox and Note 9, but can't figure out exacy how to play games.: How do you start streaming games to an android phone? I have the apps downloaded on both my Xbox One X and my Galaxy Note 9, but I can't find an option to actually start playing anything. Every...
  8. My brother and I share a PC, he can't play the game pass games I have downloaded and vice versa

in XBoX on Windows
    My brother and I share a PC, he can't play the game pass games I have downloaded and vice versa: My brother and I both got game pass on our accounts recently, he downloaded Gears of wars 5 in his account first. When I try to play gears 5 it prompts me the option to install in the xbox app,...
  9. Can't play any of my downloaded games from game pass. is this an xbox live issue?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play any of my downloaded games from game pass. is this an xbox live issue?: So i got game pass last night for the first time, and downloaded a bunch of games and played gears 5 for a few hours. today after work, i am unable to play any of my games. It says, "something is...
  10. Can't Play Games Downloaded Using Game Pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Play Games Downloaded Using Game Pass: Hello, I just purchased a brand new Xbox One. Whenever I try to play any game I downloaded using the Game Pass that was originally an Xbox 360 game, it gives me the error "Please try again....