Can't play a film I recently purchased (Error Code 0x8004b897), plus screen glitching while...

Discus and support Can't play a film I recently purchased (Error Code 0x8004b897), plus screen glitching while... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Last night (GMT 5:00-ish) I purchased the film V for Vendetta on my XBox One X. After starting the film and seeing several blackouts (Video and audio... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Corvid-Rook, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Corvid-Rook
    Corvid-Rook Guest

Can't play a film I recently purchased (Error Code 0x8004b897), plus screen glitching while...

Last night (GMT 5:00-ish) I purchased the film V for Vendetta on my XBox One X. After starting the film and seeing several blackouts (Video and audio went completely blank for about a second, which happened roughly 3 times in 4 minutes), I quit out from
    the Films and TV app to try and restart the film, and the app in question installed an update.

Since then, I have been completely unable to watch the film I purchased (every time I try it throws up the error code in the title with a note that it cannot verify my "usage rights", and tells me to verify my date and time settings, which are already correct).
    Every other film in my library works fine, the issue seems specifically tied to V for Vendetta.

The app has also been somewhat erratic since the update, alternating seemingly at random between remembering how far I had watched into the film (thus giving the option to resume) and forgetting (and thus only providing the option to play from the beginning),
    and even at one point deleting itself, necessitating a reinstall. I have also witnessed visual glitching on the screen both in the app and on the Xbox main menu (in which everything flickers and gets distorted for a split second).

Measures I have used in an attempt to fix the issue, to no effect:

Checking my Date/Time settings.

Changing my Date/Time settings to an incorrect value, then changing them back.

Deleting and redownloading the film.

Deleting and redownloading the Films and TV app.

Restarting the console.

Deleting my User Profile (which is the only one on the console) and reconnecting it.

Changing my powered-off setting from "Energy Saver" to "Fast Startup".

Power cycling the console (shutting it down completely, then removing the power cable for 1 minute before restarting).

Soft-Factory Resetting the console (Game and App data left intact).

:)

Corvid-Rook, Jan 22, 2021
  2. brandoncox28 Win User

Error code 0x80190191

Having the exact problem. I have purchased a film this morning and when trying to either play the film (on Xbox One and Windows 10) or download the purchased film (on Windows 10), I am getting the same error message and code: 0x80190191.

Has anyone solved the issue yet?
  3. MkS Kvshpit Win User

Can't have any information online

Yeah but I paid my upgrade I've a bill confirmation.. One year Gold subscription..

Even if I wanna re-subscribe I can't I've this error code on my screen or the glitch error or Xbox Live Service Unavailable
  4. Fire4444-F52254ED-80 Win User

The division gold

the same thing happened to me tonight - gave me an error while purchasing, charged me, and now it's pending (can't preload). No email for my purchase, either. I contacted support and they couldn't push it through. I'm hoping it's just glitched and it'll
    just clear itself up.
  5. Mattbps Win User

0x800c000b

Hell Satanico,

i have the same problem. I can look the trailers of films without problem and if I want to look the film I get the 0x800c000b error.
    I can also watch trailers, but no films that I have purchased. I have reset my router, reset my Xbox, restored purchase films on the app, restalled the film and tv app, restalled my xbox profile, checked that I'm online. I had an update to the windows store
    the other day, both on my PC and Xbox. I can only assume that this has done it. I can't even download the films on my PC.
  6. CMUchippewa Win User

Dead Rising 3 graphics glitch

The game is experiencing some glitching at the moment. They recently released a large 13gb patch, but in the process it somehow messed up a couple graphical glitching. This should be patched again soon as I'm sure they are aware of this issue. I know
    what you mean, though. My buddy and I noticed a couple errors while we were playing.
Thema:

1. Can't play a film I recently purchased (Error Code 0x8004b897), plus screen glitching while... - Similar Threads - Can't play film

2. Xbox One error codes 0x87dd001e and 0x803f900a, can't play offline

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One error codes 0x87dd001e and 0x803f900a, can't play offline: Okay so first I want to confirm, can games through Game Pass be played offline? A guy I talk with at Microsoft support said it wasn't possible, although I'm sure it is as I used to be able to play...
  3. Can't play Call of Duty: Black Ops online.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play Call of Duty: Black Ops online.: Hey, everyone. I've had an issue with the original Black Ops for several years now that I've just sort of put off trying to fix. After getting the urge to hop back in after who knows how long, I...
  4. Can't not play 360 games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't not play 360 games: Xbox 360 can not play on Xbox one series s 3c224de4-322a-4767-9361-09a479471b22
  5. Can't play modern warefare

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play modern warefare: I purchased the game on my xbox one but once I gat my series x and installed the 5 add-ons that I have I loaded into the game to play it but it said that I still need to purchased it. I have done...
  6. Can't play modern warefare

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play modern warefare: I have bought moder warefare on my xbox one but I can't play it on my xbox series x. I have installed the 5 add-ons that I have and it still says I need to purchase it. I have followed all of the...
  7. Can't play or install any games on the Xbox PC app.

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't play or install any games on the Xbox PC app.: Hi, I am unable to use the Xbox game at all basically. It has been working fine for the past few weeks, but now I can't launch any pre-existing games and I can't install any news games. This is...
  8. My game pass expires today and I can't play because the servers are down

in XBoX on Windows
    My game pass expires today and I can't play because the servers are down: My game pass expires today, I won't renew because I have to work and study for college and won't have time to play untill summer vacations, I have 1 game to finish, but I can't because the servers...
  9. All digital means I can't play a thing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    All digital means I can't play a thing: It's great isn't it. You decide to go all digital (I have the disc version by the way but decided no discs was the way forward). Xbox live goes down but you can't play a single game due to not...
  10. Error 0xc33607d9 can't play film and tv

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error 0xc33607d9 can't play film and tv: to play premium content please ensure your build of windows is signed with the official Microsoft windows production certificate Above is the error I get in my film and tv app when playing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox error code 0x8004b897

2. 0x8004b897 in xbox