Can't play disk and xbox says i need to "renew xbox game pass subscription"

Discus and support Can't play disk and xbox says i need to "renew xbox game pass subscription" in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Xbox tells me I need to "renew my xbox game pass subscription" to play Rainbow 6 Siege despite the fact that I'm playing with the disk and have never... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by oogaboogaT-T, Aug 5, 2022.

1. oogaboogaT-T
    oogaboogaT-T Guest

• Xbox tells me I need to "renew my xbox game pass subscription" to play Rainbow 6 Siege despite the fact that I'm playing with the disk and have never bought the game pass. I've tried restarting my xbox already. Is there another solution?

:)

oogaboogaT-T, Aug 5, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, oogaboogaT-T. Thanks for reaching out. I'm Lucas, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be glad to help you out.

Is the disc damaged or does it look fine? Also, do you receive this message as soon as you start the game or only when trying to play multiplayer?

Waiting for your reply.
  3. oogaboogaT-T Win User

the disk is in perfect condition (i shouldve added that sorry) and it happens as soon as i start up the game.

to clarify. I open the game and make it to the title page but then i get kicked to the main menu and i get the previous error message.
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

Would you please power reset your console and router and see if the issue persists?

1​​. Turn off your console and your router/modem.
    2. Unplug all the cables from both devices (power, HDMI, etc..) and wait 2 minutes.
    3. After 2 minutes, plug all the cables in again on your router/modem and wait for all the lights to show up.
    ​​​4. Plug all the cables on your console and turn it on.

Keep me posted on how this goes.
  5. Xzaylr Win User

DLC Uninstalling Itself?

Do you have xbox game pass? MHW is on xbox game pass so if you had a subscription for XBGP but it expired the game will sometimes not acknowledge DLC or sometimes you wont even be able to play the game without renewing your subscription. this is an issue
    microsoft needs to fix.
  6. denis97g Win User

Game doesn't work after EA Access

tomb raider it's not in the ea access subscription, it's in the game pass. to play it you either need to buy it or renew game pass.
Thema:

1. Can't play disk and xbox says i need to "renew xbox game pass subscription" - Similar Threads - Can't play disk

2. After xbox app update my controller is acting crazy and I can't effectively play games

in XboX Insiders
    After xbox app update my controller is acting crazy and I can't effectively play games: My left stick spins my character instead of just moving left or right and my right stick also spins my character which it is supposed to do but it spins a lot faster than it should after the...
  3. On my account, I can't use the controller to play on Xbox Minecraft. It works fine for all...

in XBoX Accessibility
    On my account, I can't use the controller to play on Xbox Minecraft. It works fine for all...: Since I installed the latest Minecraft update on the Xbox, I can't use any controller to select things and get past the main menu on Minecraft. I can only use the USB keyboard and mouse that are...
  4. Hello. I have Xbox Game Pass Unlimited but I can't play Mortal Kombat and The Evil Within.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello. I have Xbox Game Pass Unlimited but I can't play Mortal Kombat and The Evil Within.: I can't play the games because the play button is fully greened out for some reason. Anyone has a solution for this? [img] 2fd563d1-f116-4337-9aa1-fd686d735564
  5. Hey I claimed minecraft in 2019 long ago but now I can't play it says I don't own it why...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hey I claimed minecraft in 2019 long ago but now I can't play it says I don't own it why...: I lost my minecraft bedrock edition even though I claimed it long ago d823aa13-29b8-4330-a5dd-ffa51458614f
  6. Purchased Disk Games are not showing up on game library and can't play EA games online.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased Disk Games are not showing up on game library and can't play EA games online.: All the games we purchased for our XBOX ONE on a disk, when loaded onto the machine, are not showing up in our account. We also cannot connect to play those same games that are EA online with the...
  7. Can't play a Downloaded game because... the disk wasn't able to be read?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play a Downloaded game because... the disk wasn't able to be read?: So thats one of the three errors I get. Dark Souls is the game I'm having the issue with. Another one is The Game Couldn't start, Try Downloading the game again. But the game isn't showing up on...
  8. If you don't need to be on the internet to play Xbox One Retail Disk games, why can't ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If you don't need to be on the internet to play Xbox One Retail Disk games, why can't ...: I distinctly recall Microsoft adamantly stating that Xbox One's did not need to be connected to the internet in order to play retail games. But, having experienced this for the past eight hours of...
  9. I own the disk/game but i can't play the downloaded version on my Xbox unless i put the disk ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I own the disk/game but i can't play the downloaded version on my Xbox unless i put the disk ...: I own the disk/game but i can't play the downloaded version on my Xbox unless i put the disk in? Can someone please help me!!!! 790319ac-60db-48dc-8177-14430bf3230a
  10. Can't play games, asked if I purchased the game/disk...****

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't play games, asked if I purchased the game/disk...****: How come whenever I try to play a game, I'll click on the "tile" to start the game, and it kind of swoops downward and I either get a message saying to restart my console and try again, or a...