Can't play FH5 off of external ssd

Discus and support Can't play FH5 off of external ssd in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I use an external SSD using USB-C for most of my gaming since my laptop's internal drive is quite small. Most of the games I play are on Epic or Steam,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by OmarElhosseni, Dec 2, 2021.

1. Can't play FH5 off of external ssd

I use an external SSD using USB-C for most of my gaming since my laptop's internal drive is quite small. Most of the games I play are on Epic or Steam, but I was a big FH4 fan, so I decided to use the game pass to play FH5 but the game is unusable over an external SSD. I installed the game on the SSD and after reformating my SSD to the correct format, I was able to play the game for a few days. I then went back home for Thanksgiving break and connected that same SSD to my desktop at home, but my desktop basically acted like nothing was installed on that drive. I figured it was fine and I would just use the laptop I used to play the game initially, but that won't work either. When I tried to load the game it told me that it was not found in the drive and so I reset and restored the app and restarted my computer and now it won't even show that it's installed. It's not like I can just run the .exe since Microsoft blocks you from opening the game folder. I even tried reinstalling the game and it just keeps giving me a 0x80073d0d error every time I try

:)

OmarElhosseni, Dec 2, 2021
  2. Blair Shaddock Win User

Xbox Game Pass PC error 0x8007001f when installing games

Exact same issue, exact same setup. I run off a external SSD for the increased speed as my Imac 27 - 2019 doesn't have an SSD. Basically I can't play most games from my game pass which is very disappointing.
  3. ACHV HighBounce Win User

Will the Xbox Series X be able to use my external SSD

This has been covered and been mentioned as it has been a big concern. Right now, yes you can use your external SSD to play Xbox One and Xbox 360 games but you will not be able to play stored SX games on the external SSD. To be able to able to play SX
    games they need to installed on the Series X's SSD not the external one.
  4. darkist1 Win User

Xbox games loading time

Are you running the games off your internal or an external harddrive? the internal is more than often quite a bit faster than the external unless you have an SSD exterrnal
  5. Bountyhunterxx5 Win User

Xbox upgrade

I'd wait for scarlett and in the mean tone get a cheap 500gb - 1tb SSD external drive to play your games off of. They will load faster and it will be easy to switch over to the new xbox when it arrives.
  6. Turaeon Win User

Rise of the Tomb Raider only starts with DLC installed, if console is switched offline.

If anyone is interested, we managed to find that the problem only occurs if the game is installed on an external ssd.

If the game is moved from the ssd to the internal hdd the problem does not occur. Formating the ssd and moving the game back did not fix the problem. Other games launch fine from the external ssd.

The problem seems to be linked to (external?) ssds and (Rise of the Tomb Raider?) DLCs.
Thema:

Can't play FH5 off of external ssd

1. Can't play FH5 off of external ssd - Similar Threads - Can't play FH5

2. why i can't play state of decay 2 from xbox game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why i can't play state of decay 2 from xbox game pass: I bought the Xbox Game Pass to play state of decay 2. but when i play it will said 'state of decay 2 requires a valid xbox live account' in main screen every time plaese help me...
  3. I can't play Minecraft because of my Microsoft account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't play Minecraft because of my Microsoft account.: For some reason, the Microsoft account that I migrated my Mojang account to about a year ago was blocked (I don't really know why, I barely used it) and after I unlocked it, it forced me to create...
  4. Can't get Fallout New Vegas to play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't get Fallout New Vegas to play: I just installed the game, and it won't even start. I checked the other games I installed just to make sure it wasn't the app console itself, but everything else worked fine. This is the only game...
  5. Can't Load Sims on PC EA Play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Load Sims on PC EA Play: Have installed Sims 4 and Starwars Squadrans from my XBox Gamepass Ultimate. Squadrans loads fine but I get an error with the EA Play App when trying to load Sims 4: Your game failed to launch...
  6. EA games- purchased but can't play without subscription?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    EA games- purchased but can't play without subscription?: We bought our son an xbox series S and purchased Battle Front II only to find out that when he tried to play it he has to have an EA account and subscription. How is this possible that we can...
  7. I bought Minecraft Dungeons on the microsoft store on my pc but can't play it on my xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Minecraft Dungeons on the microsoft store on my pc but can't play it on my xbox: I bought Minecraft Dungeons on the microsoft store on my pc but i can't play it on my xbox series s. I linked the microsoft store account and it says i have to buy minecraft dungeons when i...
  8. Why can't i play minecraft with Xbox game pass ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't i play minecraft with Xbox game pass ultimate: [img] I used to play Minecraft Normally with my friends But when I woke up this morning I cannot play Minecraft anymore it say that I need to buy the game and I can play only the demo version...
  9. Can't Play Xbox 360 Games under Com Banned

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Play Xbox 360 Games under Com Banned: I got a week banned from a Sensitive Hater on Call of Duty because I was making a Point about what he told me about the game I send him a Screenshot to show proof because he was arguing and...
  10. I can't play FH5 on Pc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play FH5 on Pc: Hello I face problem with Forza Horizon 5 on Pc.. I have it throw xbox game pass. The game run with me almost for 5 seconds and it crash always at the beganing. I have reinsalled it many...