Cant play games when i am offline - even games on disc

Discus and support Cant play games when i am offline - even games on disc in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i cant play games when i am offline both games i downloaded+installed and also game from game disc. The game does start but after the Intro i have to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Xiao Yao You, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Xiao Yao You
    Xiao Yao You Guest

i cant play games when i am offline both games i downloaded+installed and also game from game disc. The game does start but after the Intro i have to Press A to continue,then it ask "Who are You" but then i have to select my gamertag ,but then it says
    "you have to be online for that"and i cant go arround it and play game without selecting my gamertag....no matter what i do or button press..........i just baught the xbox and i cant play games...only when i am online including my games on disc

:)

Xiao Yao You, Sep 1, 2019
  2. choppyseize Win User

That's not accurate. You can play many games offline.
  3. RedCarGamer Win User

Most of games require you to be online, some not. Probably the games that you are trying to run requires you to be online.
  4. Daft Badger Win User

Yes on xbox one you have to be online permanently. Without Wifi you can not use it!
    Completely untrue.

You would need to go to the network settings & put your console into offline mode.

Some games are online only so they can't be played offline but the majority can.

You console would also need to be set as your home console which it will be as long as you have never changed it before.You can check in settings/personalisation/my home xbox
  5. Aphotic Win User

Thank you for responding so quickly. I tried this & it did not resolve this issue. Thank you for suggesting something new. Any other suggestions?
  6. Fyqe Win User

I would try to remove your profile from your console then download your account back onto your console then go to Network Setting and click on Advanced then Clear your Alternate MAC Address.
Thema:

1. Cant play games when i am offline - even games on disc - Similar Threads - Cant play games

2. i bought xbox game passs ultimate but cant play gears 5 on pc

in XBoX on Windows
    i bought xbox game passs ultimate but cant play gears 5 on pc: so i look and can download it only on xbox but my friends play it on pc with xbox game pass ulti need answer cd7ba577-90be-444b-87d1-1748f4f38be4
  3. Cant play a downloaded game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant play a downloaded game: I downloaded the game "conker live and reloaded" that is a xbox original, but i'm trying to play the game but it says "it was not possible start the game. Download the game again" but i tried to...
  4. Cant play games when i am offline - even games on disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant play games when i am offline - even games on disc: Hello. I am having the same problem another user reported on 8/30 - I cannot play games I've downloaded or have on disc offline. I was able to do this yesterday by simply turning on the xb1....
  5. cant use my apps or play games online - xbox360

in XBoX Accessibility
    cant use my apps or play games online - xbox360: hi there i have created and microsoft account but cannot download, play online or watch netflix or youtube on my xbox360. continues to tell me i need to sign in or contact xboxlive.com. how do...
  6. Cant play any of my games at all.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant play any of my games at all.: Why push for total digital and now any of us that are digital purchased games cant play. Oh thats right we cant get real answers since Microsoft shutdown their phones so now all it is answering...
  7. Cant play digital downloaded games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant play digital downloaded games: Keep getting error code 0x97e107df. Wont let me play any digital downloaded game only hard disc games 85945371-ec33-4cfb-b96a-74d51f494178
  8. I cant play another games

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant play another games: Hello !!!i have xbox game pass ultimate. I want to play in division 2,Red dead redemption In my package there is Xbox Live Gold,why i cant use them. ac8c6135-f630-41d5-9268-f2db575c2266
  9. Dead Rising 4 revalidation - Cant Play the game

in XBoX on Windows
    Dead Rising 4 revalidation - Cant Play the game: DEAR 'DEAD RISING 4' PLAYER The game was unable to launch because it could not establish a connection to the revalidation servers. Please enable your internet connection and then restart the...
  10. Cant play xbox live games with gold game anymore

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant play xbox live games with gold game anymore: hi everyone, so about a year ago the game "for honor" was free with games with gold meaning you could download and play the game for free as long as your xbox live gold was active. i was able to...