Cant play games when i am offline - even games on disc

Discus and support Cant play games when i am offline - even games on disc in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. I am having the same problem another user reported on 8/30 - I cannot play games I've downloaded or have on disc offline. I was able to do this... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Aphotic, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Aphotic
    Aphotic Guest

Hello. I am having the same problem another user reported on 8/30 - I cannot play games I've downloaded or have on disc offline. I was able to do this yesterday by simply turning on the xb1. Today, I get a message telling me to set the Xbox as my home
    Xbox even though I have done that already. I changed nothing in the 16 hours in-between game plays that would have caused this. I checked by going online that this xb1 is set as my home device. I "cleared" the cache twice by holding the power button on the
    console down until it powered off, then unplugged the power brick for 5 minutes, plugged it back in, waited for the light to change from white to orange. I set the network connection to _offline_ & it still did not resolve this issue. Please assist with suggestions
    other than putting the console offline & or setting it as my home console because I have already done those things. Thank you

:)

Aphotic, Sep 6, 2019
  2. Aphotic Win User

Thank you for responding so quickly. I tried this & it did not resolve this issue. Thank you for suggesting something new. Any other suggestions?
  3. Fyqe Win User

I would try to remove your profile from your console then download your account back onto your console then go to Network Setting and click on Advanced then Clear your Alternate MAC Address.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Aphotic,

Thanks for coming to the forums with the issue of playing offline. Thanks you for letting us know what you have done. Have you tried going online

remove and reinstall your profile
    ? Sometimes glitches or corruption can occur this will eliminate it within the profile.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. choppyseize Win User

That's not accurate. You can play many games offline.
  6. RedCarGamer Win User

Most of games require you to be online, some not. Probably the games that you are trying to run requires you to be online.
Thema:

1. Cant play games when i am offline - even games on disc - Similar Threads - Cant play games

2. What the issue? Cant play any of my sub games offline

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What the issue? Cant play any of my sub games offline: So first off; [img] Game pass subscription; bought that Gold: yeah that's comes with the pass And this is my home xbox. And as you can tell I have an active subscription. [img] So can...
  3. Error code 0x87DD0005, cant play ANY microsoft store games

in XBoX on Windows
    Error code 0x87DD0005, cant play ANY microsoft store games: So I have had this problem for atleast a year now. Normally it would fix itself by re-installing the game but now nothing helps. Tried to run the games by adminstrator, tried to launch the games...
  4. Bought game and cant play it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought game and cant play it: So I bought minecraft and was playing it the other day now I cant play it anymore it says in the microsoft store that I must buy to own it but it also gives an install option which does nothing....
  5. Utterly sick and tired of this. Cant play my games, constant updates, games uninstalled.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Utterly sick and tired of this. Cant play my games, constant updates, games uninstalled.: Is there ANY chance of me being able to use MY console when i like, how i like? I live on a boat so updating is a major pain in the [mod removed-profanity] over marina wifi. No problems though,...
  6. Cant play xbox game pass games.

in XBoX on Windows
    Cant play xbox game pass games.: `Every time i download a game from the windows store and go to launch it, I get the error saying "Windows cannot access specified device, path, or file." I have manually given myself full...
  7. My friend got a game on gold and he cant play it and says he needs to renew his gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My friend got a game on gold and he cant play it and says he needs to renew his gold: My friend got a game on gold and he cant play it and says he needs to renew his gold. we are trying to play friday the 13th with gameshare and hes not able to play, anyone know how to fix this?...
  8. I cant play a game for gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant play a game for gold: I got assassin's creed syndicate for gold a while ago and i recently wanted to reinstall it and play it but when it was done installing i clicked on it and it say i need an active gold...
  9. Cant play games for gold xbox 360 games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant play games for gold xbox 360 games: As above, I have ultimate subscription but last 2 months, the game for gold games dont work when I launch them, table top racing last month and soccer this month, when I log in it dc me from xbox...
  10. Cant play my game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant play my game: I'm trying to launch call of duty modern warfare but its putting me in a server queue and then its saying unable to access online services but I've even tried to play offline and it says I'm...