Can't play Minecraft after migrating Mojang account

Discus and support Can't play Minecraft after migrating Mojang account in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; [img] When I try to play Minecraft on my Microsoft account (I migrated from a Mojang account where I had bought Minecraft Java edition) this is what... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Avrifer, May 26, 2022.

1. Avrifer
    Avrifer Guest

Can't play Minecraft after migrating Mojang account [​IMG]

When I try to play Minecraft on my Microsoft account (I migrated from a Mojang account where I had bought Minecraft Java edition) this is what the launcher tells me. I can either buy again or play the demo, which isn't fair since I've bought this game already.

When I try to play, it tells me to go to my Mojang account to play at the complete version of the game, but I simply cannot do that, since I've been told to migrate my account and I did that, so now my Mojang account isn't recognized by the launcher.

How to fix this and play the game that I legally bought with my money? Thx

:)

Avrifer, May 26, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Minecraft migration

That's normal, you can't access the old Mojang account after the migration, you need to use the email you used to migrate the Mojang account to, in the launcher you need to select Minecraft Java and then Microsoft login and then use the email you use during the migration process
  3. Avrifer Win User

Hi thank you, I hope the same for you.

I already saw the articles on the site, but nothing solved this problem for me.
    I'm in the correct account type, or the launcher wouldn't tell me to switch to my Mojang account if I wasn't connected with my Microsoft account. Also, as you can see on the screenshot I've posted, it's written "Microsoft account" under my nickname. I've already tried signing out and back in the launcher, I've already tried disinstalling and reinstalling different types of launchers (I've tried: the launcher for Microsoft 10, the launcher for Microsoft 7/8 and the launcher app from the Microsoft store) and still nothing changes.
  4. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

As per the article released by Mojang, make sure that you're logged in using the correct account type which is "Microsoft Login". Kindly sign out on your Minecraft Launcher and then restart your PC before signing back in and choosing the correct option.

You can also check this link for detailed information and steps: https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/44...
  5. Avrifer Win User

I tried with a different Microsoft account (the only other account I have on Microsoft), but still same problem, plus I had to set the account because I never used that account for games. I'm starting to think the problem could be that my Mojang account had another email address, not the same I use for this Microsoft account. But I migrated the Mojang account that used the other email address to this one, so it shouldn't be a problem, right? Thank you for your help.
  6. Francia J. Win User

You're welcome and thank you so much for the detailed information. If you can try a different Microsoft account of yours that would be great. That can be another cause of the issue, you're signed in under the wrong account.
Thema:

1. Can't play Minecraft after migrating Mojang account - Similar Threads - Can't play Minecraft

2. Minecraft says I can't play on realms because of account permission issues

in XBoX Accessibility
    Minecraft says I can't play on realms because of account permission issues: So I got an invite from a friend to join a realm and it says: "You cannot play on realms because of how your Microsoft account is setup. Pleas ensure your online safety settings allow multiplayer...
  3. Purchased Minecraft DLC for my child's account, he can't play it.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Purchased Minecraft DLC for my child's account, he can't play it.: Hello, I was hoping for some assistance in this issue I'm having with Minecraft DLC. My son's account is a child's account. He wanted one of the Minecraft Expansion packs for his birthday. When...
  4. Can't Play Minecraft On My Nintendo Switch, I have both accounts logged in and Nintendo...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Play Minecraft On My Nintendo Switch, I have both accounts logged in and Nintendo...: What Happened? - My Character Won't Appear - I somehow cannot play - I tried connecting to online and local network, but it never worked - I have Nintendo Switch Online, but it seems like that...
  5. I've migrated my Mojang Minecraft account but can't play anymore.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I've migrated my Mojang Minecraft account but can't play anymore.: [img] Hello comunity, I have migrated my account yesterday and have played also after that but now I can't play anymore because I can't log in to my account. There is the message that my...
  6. Bought Minecraft For Windows But Can't Play

in XBoX on Windows
    Bought Minecraft For Windows But Can't Play: I bought Minecraft for Windows a while ago (I had Minecraft for a while on a Mojang account before that) and now that I migrated my account, I can't play the Bedrock version anymore. On my...
  7. I am new to Minecraft java edition and I can't play multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am new to Minecraft java edition and I can't play multiplayer: Split from this thread. I need access to multiplayer cuz I'm trying to play with my brother but it won't let me so can y'all please just give me a multiplayer so I can play online please cuz...
  8. I am new to Minecraft java edition and I can't play multiplayer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am new to Minecraft java edition and I can't play multiplayer: I recently got Minecraft Java edition and after opening it numerous times, I can't seem to play multiplayer. I have tried to change my privacy settings, but there're no settings to help me with...
  9. Can't play online Minecraft for windows

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play online Minecraft for windows: I just migrated my Mojang account to my Microsoft account but when I launch Minecraft for windows it says I need to unlock full game. What do I need to do so I can play online with friends...
  10. Forced to migrate my Mojang account on Minecraft, now I can't play the game as I apparently...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forced to migrate my Mojang account on Minecraft, now I can't play the game as I apparently...: Pretty much as it says in the title. I just followed the instructions for migrating, tried to log in, and now all I can play is the demo. I know I'm not the first person this has happened to, and...