Can't play my game discs due to Game Pass license problem

Discus and support Can't play my game discs due to Game Pass license problem in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Just today, when I was about to fire up my own game that I bought with my own money even before Game Pass existed, it wouldn't let me because my Game... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by dgf97, Oct 17, 2020.

1. dgf97
    dgf97 Guest

Just today, when I was about to fire up my own game that I bought with my own money even before Game Pass existed, it wouldn't let me because my Game Pass subscription had ended. This doesn't make any sense, and I suppose it shouldn't be happening, but considering
    that I own the physical copy, I shouldn't be locked out of it because of a service that came well after.

I've tried everything, from clearing the console's cache (hard reset), removing my profile and restoring it from the console, to uninstalling and reinstalling the game. The error code that's being thrown out is 0x803f800e. I hope this issue can be resolved,
    or my money should be given back considering that it's being held at ransom by the software.

:)

dgf97, Oct 17, 2020
  2. David Cook-Burke Win User

Bought disc (with DLC) after playing Game Pass version. Won't install game from disc and thus won't recognize DLC (DLC is installed).

How do I get rid of the game pass version (Fallout New Vegas, if it matters) so that I can play from disc and access the DLC? The DLC is installed, but game shows "Game Pass" on launch screen and only sends me to store for DLC.

DLC is on disc 2, so by rebooting xbox and putting in disc 2 I was able to install DLC. I just can't access it. :(
    Because of how Xbox Game Pass works, you have to reinstall the game due to the licensing trying to use the Game Pass version which acts as the definitive version.

Go to My Games & Apps, highlight Fallout New Vegas, press menu (the button with 3 lines) and go to Manage game & add-ons.

Once you are at this screen, highlight Fallout New Vegas again, and press Menu once again, the select Uninstall. This will uninstall the game pass version and you will be able to install from a disc once you do this process. Your DLC will be safe.

Have fun with your game!
  3. InsecureFlame Win User

Transformer: fall of cybertron

All Transformers game were delisted due to the licenses expiring. You would have to look around for it on disc.
    That sucks, I can't find it anywhere
  4. RandyAU93 Win User

Game pass

Here's how Game Pass works. It gives your account a temporary license to run the game for as long as you subscribe to the service. If your subscription lapses, that license goes away, and you can't launch games you installed using Game Pass. If you renew
    your subscription, the license returns. Or, if you decide you want to buy the game, you get the permanent license attached to your Microsoft account (or if it's available on disc, you can buy the disc from a store and that becomes your license instead).

In each case, your game saves remain intact and you can pick up right where you left off.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Playing a game without the disc in the Xbox

What do you mean by the Xbox One does not have any digital version of games? Everything stored on the Xbox One is digital. On the non-disc based games the license is stored on the HDD while on the disc based games the license is stored on the disc.
    Did you read my post correctly?

If for example I had a game in my collection on disc, installed from disc, then suddenly the game either became a Games with Gold, or a Game Pass title (assuming I had a game pass sub), that disc based game will no longer ask for the disc, should I attempt
    to launch it without said disc. The console will know I own the 'digital' license for it and won't check to see if the disc is present.

Sometimes there is confusion on these forums regarding games, installed from disc or downloaded. The disc games and the downloaded games are the same, only the way you get them is different.

That is the point I'm getting at.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

NHL 16??

Since the game has been removed from the vault, then the game will also be delisted from the store due to licenses for the game not being renewed. Your only option is to find a disc copy of the game. You will still be able to play it, just have to insert
    the disc to be able to.
Thema:

1. Can't play my game discs due to Game Pass license problem - Similar Threads - Can't play game

2. Can't play Game Pass games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play Game Pass games.: I upgraded to Game Pass Ultimate and now I can't play any of my game pass games or digital games. I redownloaded my profile on to the xbox but only my disc games work. Any suggestions? P.S....
  3. I can't play any of my game pass games!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play any of my game pass games!: I am trying to play a cross-play game with my friends (DBD), but opening any game pass games gives me the prompt: "To play this, you'll need to buy it." I know for a fact that my subscription is...
  4. Call of Duty Modern Warfare Data pack 2 missing issues (CAN'T PLAY GAME)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of Duty Modern Warfare Data pack 2 missing issues (CAN'T PLAY GAME): Hello, I'm having issues installing a file known as Data Pack 2 on modern warfare. The game is telling me that the file is missing and needs to be installed then it takes me to the store but then...
  5. Can't play a digital game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play a digital game: Hello, a few years back when I bought my xbox it came with a game called "Shadow of war - middle earth" ($69.99). For the past 2 years I have had no problem with it but a few weeks ago I switched...
  6. Can't play Xbox live games online with Ultimate Pass (-1 ms latency and 100% packet loss in...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't play Xbox live games online with Ultimate Pass (-1 ms latency and 100% packet loss in...: So ever since the Xbox Beta App came out last year, where I had to update Windows 10 to version 1903, I haven't been able to play Forza or Sea of Thieves online anymore, meaning, I have problems...
  7. Can't play the games I own

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't play the games I own: I own both Forza Horizon 4 and Minecraft Dungeons through the Windows store. Went to try to launch them today and get this message: Forza Horizon 4 is currently not available in your account....
  8. Can't play one of my games with gold "free" game (The Division)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play one of my games with gold "free" game (The Division): I got Tom Clancy's The Division from games with gold not too long ago and now I can't play it. It says my membership needs to be renewed. It gives the error code (0x803f800f) and it's really not...
  9. No Man's Sky is stuck in the starting menu and I can't actually play the game

in XBoX on Windows
    No Man's Sky is stuck in the starting menu and I can't actually play the game: I just installed the game via Xbox Game Pass and for some reason when I start it, I get stuck on this screen telling me to click lmb to start. Every time I click, I hear a sound, but nothing...
  10. Can't play minecraft on 2 devices even though i have now purchased 5 version of the game

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't play minecraft on 2 devices even though i have now purchased 5 version of the game: I am wanting to play minecraft with my son on line. He plays on Xbox One and i play on PC. I bought the original game for Xbox 360, and then the Xbox One version, which i have discs for, and then...