Can't play online games on both xbox's at the same time

Discus and support Can't play online games on both xbox's at the same time in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have recently bought my son an Xbox, he has his own account and games but we cannot play online at the same time as it won't let us connect. i have... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Family ManFB, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Family ManFB
    Family ManFB Guest

I have recently bought my son an Xbox, he has his own account and games but we cannot play online at the same time as it won't let us connect. i have tried changing the ports in advanced settings but it only worked once.

Do i need a router or is there another way ?

:)

Family ManFB, Sep 15, 2021
  2. MateusFontana Win User

Hello, how are you? My name is Mateus. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

First, welcome to the Xbox community.

Could you tell us what your and your child's nat type is, make sure the nat type is open, moderated, or closed on both consoles, and let us know, please?

To find out your NAT type, follow the instructions below.

Press the Xbox button  to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Network settings.

Under Current Network Status, the NAT Type field displays your

current NAT type.

I also recommend that you read the article below, there is a mention where it describes what types of problems can happen with multiple consoles in the same network, and also the possible solutions for the problem.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

*Thank you in advance for contacting us, it will be a pleasure to help you.
  3. bowski477 Win User

Two xbox, two game problem

Is it that both accounts can't play online MP at the same time? Or is it they both can't have the game running at all at the same time? Do both accounts have an active XBL subscription?
  4. Get Bent Fanboy Win User

Please explain how family sharing is different than loaning a disc

No they can't. you both can't play the same game at the same time.
  5. IV LUK3 VI Win User

Sharing account

Should be alright to game on both at the same time aslong as youre not trying to play online games on both at the same time as it is still the same account unfortunately
  6. Xlss Bolt Win User

Need help asap

I used the same email on both xbox and playstation with the same game and now they can't play at the same time on modern warfare.
Thema:

1. Can't play online games on both xbox's at the same time - Similar Threads - Can't play online

2. Can't play Minecraft online

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play Minecraft online: Before you copy-paste your stupid default answer to this question, I already tried it. If you'll post it again, I will ignore you. Now that we got that out of the way, let me tell you what is...
  3. Call Of Duty Black Ops Cold War won't get online, therefore, I can't play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call Of Duty Black Ops Cold War won't get online, therefore, I can't play: So here's the thing. I bought BOCW (new-gen version, with the xbox one and series included) when I got my Xbox Series S, eventually I deleted it, and the problem began. Every time I downloaded...
  4. Can't play online coop Halo MCC. How to connect via LAN?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't play online coop Halo MCC. How to connect via LAN?: Heavy stuttering and freezing when playing coop with friend in same room in same network for Halo MCC on steam PC. LAN mode does not work - friend does not appear at all....
  5. I can't play dead space online

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't play dead space online: I was trying to play dead space 3 with a friend on the xbox one but when I click on the cooperative campaign section it turns out that I need an online pass and when I try to buy it, it appears...
  6. Why can't I play GTA online on Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I play GTA online on Xbox 360?: i recently saw that Rockstar is removing online gta for Xbox 360 and ps3 in December 2021 so i decided to get gta to play online for a little while before it's removed. i loaded it up on my Xbox...
  7. bought gamepass ultimate but i can't play online

in XBoX on Consoles
    bought gamepass ultimate but i can't play online: So i bought xbox gamepass ultimate and i tried to message a friend shortly after but it came up with an "something went wrong" and i tried to go into party chat and it came up with the same...
  8. Can't play online even with game pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play online even with game pass?: I purchased Game Pass Ultimate on my account on another Xbox. On this Xbox, I have Game Pass ultimate game benefits and EA play, but no Gold. I tried playing DOOM Eternal Battlemode, DOOM 2016...
  9. Can't connect to online play in Forza Horizon 4.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't connect to online play in Forza Horizon 4.: Can't connect to online play in Forza Horizon 4. The auction house is working but online freeroam, playground games, etc. is not. 6453665c-40bb-4786-a88a-3100126abb08
  10. Can't play online with Games Pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't play online with Games Pass: I recently bought the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, but I can't play multiplayer games. Sea of Thieves shows "The Sea of Thieves Services are temporarily unavailable. Please try again....