Can't play online multiplayer, but can connect to Xbox Live, Store, etc

Discus and support Can't play online multiplayer, but can connect to Xbox Live, Store, etc in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a Series S which I've had a for a couple of weeks now, with an Ultimate subscription. I am able to log into my account, connect to the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by davidwilko89, Apr 5, 2021.

1. davidwilko89
    davidwilko89 Guest

Hi all,

I have a Series S which I've had a for a couple of weeks now, with an Ultimate subscription.

I am able to log into my account, connect to the Store, download games, including Game Pass, play games, etc. No problems at all there.

What I cant do though is play any of these games online multiplayer, this includes Halo MC Collection, Warzone, Doom Eternal and more.

I've done all the tests: connected to the Internet, speed, NAT check, multiplayer test, etx and they all seem ok. I do get the "Syncing data..." message come up which a lot of the time ends up in an error and then asks me to play offline.

In the case of Warzone, I get to the "connecting to xbox live" screen and it just takes ages, and then comes up with the play offline message.

Really strange. Ive checked my live account settings and playing online is enabled, etc.

Anyone had similar issues?

:)

davidwilko89, Apr 5, 2021
  2. zeroice007 Win User

Xbox Live

That's what xbox live has been always a pay for service if you tend to use the service online. Yes you can play a game to your hearts content but you can't access those online features multiplayer etc without a gold account or gamepass etc
  3. Smwutches Win User

Playing online

Gold membership is required for online gameplay and to access certain features like Netflix, facebook, etc. Free members can connect to Live and send messages and download content, but cannot play online multiplayer.
  4. Photonimus Win User

FREE MEMBER BUT HAVE XBOX LIVE

Free, or 'Silver' membership still allows for some xbox live access. You can still download DLC and other items, but you can't play online multiplayer or access 'Gold' related apps, such as netflix or youtube, etc.
  5. Jdh5153 Win User

Can't play any online games, connected to xbox live though.

I can use all of the third party apps, but can't access the Xbox Store, Xbox Music, etc. or play multiplayer games. Had the problem for three nights now.....
  6. Nathan Roberts (Sunk Win User

Original Xbox on Live?

Hey there,

You can't play using the original Xbox as the servers were shut down, I believe, in 2007. You will be able to play the games, but not online multiplayer.

If you have a 360, you can connect to Xbox Live if you are connected to a network.

Hope this helps,
Thema:

1. Can't play online multiplayer, but can connect to Xbox Live, Store, etc - Similar Threads - Can't play online

2. I'm on the beta program but still can't play online without gold...

in XboX Insiders
    I'm on the beta program but still can't play online without gold...: I've tried every free to play game I have installed and it always says I need to have gold... What gives? P.S. I live in a Brazil. submitted by /u/Skitelz7 [link] [comments]
  3. Can't play f2p online game even though I am in the beta ring

in XboX Insiders
    Can't play f2p online game even though I am in the beta ring: I just joined the beta ring today and updated my console. I installed fortnite beacause I heard it is one of the games that can be played for free. It still asks me to subscribe to live gold....
  4. Xenoverse 2 (can't play online)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xenoverse 2 (can't play online): Hey, I bought the game dbxv 2 couple of days ago and I found a problem everytime im trying to join to an online match (ranked match,raid battle,Pq,etc.) It always tells me the same thing "no room...
  5. Can't play Forza Horizon 4 online

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't play Forza Horizon 4 online: I have spent an entire evening trying all possible solutions, I had to reconfigure my router, uninstall my VPN and reset my firewall settings to get teredo to qualify and now that this is working,...
  6. Can't play Call of Duty: Black Ops online.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play Call of Duty: Black Ops online.: Hey, everyone. I've had an issue with the original Black Ops for several years now that I've just sort of put off trying to fix. After getting the urge to hop back in after who knows how long, I...
  7. Can't Play COD4 Online on xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Play COD4 Online on xbox 360: I played the single player missions, I signed up for XBox Live monthly. When I go to Multiplayer, I see the list of different game types. I click on them to join a game. I cannot find any game...
  8. Can't play online games

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't play online games: I purchased the xbox ultimate gamepass, yet when i try to play any game online. I'm greeted by "you do not have the correct privileges to play online". I have updated windows, rebooted everything...
  9. Can't play online but i have level 21

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play online but i have level 21: So recently i bought forza horizon 4 and i played all day to get level 20, I have 21 now but it still says that the feature is locked, i checked the updates too but it's the same, some help ASAP...
  10. Can't. Play. GTA online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't. Play. GTA online: I, can't gta online .my acct is paid in full. And internet is. Working. Fine. 4a29dc9a-2413-4e7d-9661-2e3e52bfba47