Can’t play Red Dead Redemption 2 story mode with game pass

Discus and support Can’t play Red Dead Redemption 2 story mode with game pass in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello We have Xbox unlimited game pass, have Red Dead 2 story mode downloaded, but cannot play the game. It is still telling us to purchase it. We can... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by x23 Hyper 23x, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Can’t play Red Dead Redemption 2 story mode with game pass

Hello

We have Xbox unlimited game pass, have Red Dead 2 story mode downloaded, but cannot play the game. It is still telling us to purchase it. We can however play red dead online. Both show game pass in the game image. If we try to play story mode, we are sent to the store to pay for it. On the selection screen, when we select story mode, our only options are to purchase it from the store.

How can I fix this?

:)

x23 Hyper 23x, Jul 22, 2021
  2. HomegrownSilky Win User

Owned red dead redemption 2

Did you purchase the full game Red Dead Redemption 2 or did you purchase Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode, which is an add-on for Red Dead Online? If you purchased Story Mode, then you need to purchase Red Dead Online to keep using the add-on. Story Mode is not a stand alone game. Red Dead Online used to be on Game Pass but was removed back in September.
  3. HomegrownSilky Win User

Red dead redemption 2

Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode is just an add-on for Red Dead Online. Red Dead Online is required in order to play Story Mode. Since RDO was removed from Game Pass, you would need to purchase Red Dead Online in order to keep playing the add-on for that game.
  4. HomegrownSilky Win User

Xbox

Did you purchase Red Dead Redemtion 2: Story Mode, or did you purchase Red Dead Redemption 2 the full game?

Story Mode is just an add-on for Red Dead Online. If you had access to Game Pass games you could download RDO and then purchase Story Mode to play the single player. RDO has been removed from Game Pass. If you only purchase Story Mode, you will now need to purchase RDO to keep playing the single player.

So to wrap it up, to play the single player portion you need to have purchased either the full Red Dead Rredemption 2 game or you have to have purchased BOTH Red Dead Online and it's Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode add-on.

Story Mode is merely an add-on for RDO. It is not the full single player game.
  5. HomegrownSilky Win User

Red Dead Redemption 2 not in my library

Did you purchase the full game Red Dead Redemption 2 or did you purchase Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode? Story Mode is not a full game but rather it is DLC for Red Dead Online. It will not show as a seperate game in your library since it is only DLC. You need Red Dead Online to play Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode. You may have purchased this DLC when Red Dead Online was on Game Pass. Red Dead Online is no longer on Game Pass so you need to purhase it on order to use Story Mode.
    [​IMG]
  6. XBF - Tali Win User

Hello x23 Hyper 23x,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your issue!

As of September 13, Red Dead Online has now been removed from Xbox Game Pass. Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode is downloadable content for Red Dead Online and was not included with Game Pass. Therefore, you would have had to purchase it in order to access it.

For our users that have purchased Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode and are no longer able to access it, you will have to purchase Red Dead Online as it is a requirement.

Currently you are able to purchase Red Dead Online, Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode & Red Dead Redemption 2 (which bundles both the story mode and online)

[Let us know if this answered your question by tapping "Yes" below]
    Hello everyone!

As stated, Red Dead Online has been removed from Xbox Game Pass as of September 13th. If you have purchased Red Dead Redemption 2: Story Mode and are no longer able to access it, you will have to purchase Red Dead Online.

Locking this thread since the answer has been provided. If there are further questions regarding Red Dead Redemption 2, please post a new topic.

Thank you!

-Tali
Thema:

1. Can’t play Red Dead Redemption 2 story mode with game pass - Similar Threads - Can’t play Red

2. I can’t play online in Realms due to the settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t play online in Realms due to the settings: I got this message when trying to play online to Minecraft. I’ve already logged in and set everything to allow in the account permissions [img] The weird thing is that this also happens...
  3. Can’t play with Friend on Old Gen

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t play with Friend on Old Gen: Hello, Today i bought Grand Theft Auto: Online (so only the Online Version) on my Xbox Series S, and wanted to play with my friend who owns the Full Game (Story Mode+Online) on his Xbox One S....
  4. Unable to connect to Forza Horizon 5 servers, able to play multiplayer, but can’t access...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to connect to Forza Horizon 5 servers, able to play multiplayer, but can’t access...: Okay, I’m not sure if this is a hardware issue, network issue, operating system issue or just a game issue, but recently I installed the update and DLC for Forza Horizon 5, and ever since then,...
  5. enforcement action Xbox live? For a report spammer? Can’t play with friends any more? Very...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    enforcement action Xbox live? For a report spammer? Can’t play with friends any more? Very...: During a recent in game match involving an incredibly toxic individual I was informed I would be banned then after, rightfully telling the guy to step off (not my exact words) I was banned from...
  6. Can’t Play Any Games

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t Play Any Games: any time i start a game it crashes. sometimes immediately, sometimes it takes a few minutes. i tried clearing the cache multiple times, and i reset the console. neither worked. it’s not exclusive...
  7. I can’t play minecraft multiplayer.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t play minecraft multiplayer.: I’ve been playing minecraft for +5 years and now all of a sudden I need to allow myself to play online. Not only that my minecraft account has now linked with like 3 others as it keeps making me...
  8. Can’t play online because I’m suspended

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t play online because I’m suspended: So I got suspended 2 days ago and I literally can’t do anything besides watch YouTube, Netflix, and etc. I can play games offline but I can’t play online. I don’t get why Microsoft made this a...
  9. I can’t play Online in Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t play Online in Forza Horizon 5: I used to Play FH5 and FH4 without any doubts about Playing Online and I reseted my Xbox One console thinking that it’ll fix my twitch after that I can’t play online it taking me to another tab to...
  10. I can’t play Red Dead Redemption on Xbox One even though I have the disc

in XboX Insiders
    I can’t play Red Dead Redemption on Xbox One even though I have the disc: Every once in awhile I turn on my Xbox 360 to play some of the games that I have, which includes RDR. Recently I felt like playing it again, but this time I decided to play it on my Xbox One...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. red dead 2 story mode xbox game pass