Can't play the 360 games I bought, store says I don't own them

Discus and support Can't play the 360 games I bought, store says I don't own them in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought three games, one for Xbox One and two for Xbox 360: Dead Rising 2, Dead Rising 2: Case Zero, and Dead Rising 2: Case West. While the first one... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BaudThe Deer, Apr 9, 2021.

1. BaudThe Deer
    BaudThe Deer Guest

I bought three games, one for Xbox One and two for Xbox 360: Dead Rising 2, Dead Rising 2: Case Zero, and Dead Rising 2: Case West. While the first one works just fine, I am unable to even start either one of the 360 games because I get the following message: "Do you own this game or app? If you have a game disc, insert it now. If you bought this online, make sure you're signed in. If you don't have rights for playing it, you'll need to get it at the Microsoft Store (0x803f8001)".

If I go to the store page of these two games I get two buttons: "Manage" or "Buy to own", neither one appears in my list of owned games, and even if there is a launcher on my home menu apparently they are not installed, even if I clearly remember seeing them downloading and installing just a few hours ago. Going to Manage shows there is 0.00 MB installed for each one of them and selecting them says "Check back in a little bit. We are having trouble getting your stuff right now", even if all Xbox services are currently online.

I have went through the steps given to me by the troubleshooter, none worked. Every game appears in my purchase history and says they were paid for correctly, yes I am using the same account I bought them from as it's the only one existing on the console, money was withdrawn from my card so I'd like to at least be able to use my games.

:)

BaudThe Deer, Apr 9, 2021
  2. XW KILLERMAN XW Win User

i bought two dlc for a back compatible game on the xbox one but it says i dont own them plz help

i found when i bought the game but not the two dlcs also it says i own them in the xbox 360 store
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Why isn't it so easy to play Xbox 360 games on Xbox One?

i having the same problem with The Amazing Spiderman an few others i bought them on 360 an they are backwards compatible yet on xbox one when i go to the store it says i don't own it...when..i do. I am geting very VERY upset by this.
    Yeah, but you own the Xbox 360 version, you do not own the Xbox One version. If you want to play the game on the Xbox One, then you will have to pay for it.
  4. k1Helix z Win User

Owned games missing from ready to install list

I realized the same happened to me, Suddenly Forza Horizon 3 was gone, also Forza 5, I didn't bought those games, I had them through GWG, once I go to the Store and search for those games it says that I already own them but is annoying that I have to go
    to the store to be able to download them, is this happening to you too? or in the store says that you don't own them?
  5. argonwow Win User

Xbox digital games says I don't own them.

This is pretty much the same issue I have just with a different set of games.

The only other thing I tried that you didn't mention is moving/reinstalling to my external hard drive but that was unsuccessful as well.

Which console are you on, by the way?
  6. TimidMinds Win User

Achievements

If its not specifically listed as the PC version of the game on the Microsoft store app, then no. Because I own games on console that I haven't installed/bought on PC that says I own that version the game on the PC. Whereas some of the puzzle games I like
    that I own on console don't say I own them on PC as they are two different ports.
Thema:

1. Can't play the 360 games I bought, store says I don't own them - Similar Threads - Can't play 360

2. Can't Play Xbox 360 Games under Com Banned

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't Play Xbox 360 Games under Com Banned: I got a week banned from a Sensitive Hater on Call of Duty because I was making a Point about what he told me about the game I send him a Screenshot to show proof because he was arguing and...
  3. Can't play Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition on my Xbox at all.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition on my Xbox at all.: So I have a copy of Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition and I've been wanting to play my world after several months of not using the Xbox and every time I have tried to get past the title screen it will...
  4. 0x8082000c, Can't play Xbox 360 Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    0x8082000c, Can't play Xbox 360 Games: Within the last week, I have started experiencing an error whenever I insert a backwards compatible Xbox 360 disc into my Xbox One console - This game isn't playable here. For a list of Xbox 360...
  5. 0x8082000c, Can't play Xbox 360 Games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    0x8082000c, Can't play Xbox 360 Games: Within the last week, I have started experiencing an error whenever I insert a backwards compatible Xbox 360 disc into my Xbox One console - This game isn't playable here. For a list of Xbox 360...
  6. Can't play Xbox 360 game on Xbox One

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't play Xbox 360 game on Xbox One: Hi, So my roommates Black ops 2 disc randomly stopped working but the DLC still appears in store, upon trying to re download it the disc pops in and does nothing. Now, if I insert the same disc...
  7. I can't play my Xbox 360 games on my Xbox Series X

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't play my Xbox 360 games on my Xbox Series X: What's the issue? I can't sign into my Xbox 360 account to play Xbox 360 games and save the data to my Xbox Series X console. The specific game I am trying to play right now is Oblivion. What did...
  8. What is it about Insider that makes it to where you can't play 360 games

in XboX Insiders
    What is it about Insider that makes it to where you can't play 360 games: Will it ever I'm a time where I'll be able to be an Insider and play 360 games simultaneously I can play a lot of them but some of them you have to be logged in to play submitted by...
  9. Why can't I play GTA online on Xbox 360?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I play GTA online on Xbox 360?: i recently saw that Rockstar is removing online gta for Xbox 360 and ps3 in December 2021 so i decided to get gta to play online for a little while before it's removed. i loaded it up on my Xbox...
  10. Whenever I try to play any Xbox 360 game it says a problem occurred and I can't download my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Whenever I try to play any Xbox 360 game it says a problem occurred and I can't download my...: Happens on every Xbox 360 game and I'm not able to download my Xbox one profile on my Xbox 360 games. 1923f976-901e-468c-a3f5-bd352f819043