Can't purchase xbox360 games due to wrong region on account, although it's set correctly

Discus and support Can't purchase xbox360 games due to wrong region on account, although it's set correctly in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I moved from UK to Spain and updated my billing, contact details in Microsoft/Xbox profile accordingly, but when trying to purchase xbox360 game in... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Djukin, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Djukin
    Djukin Guest

Can't purchase xbox360 games due to wrong region on account, although it's set correctly

I moved from UK to Spain and updated my billing, contact details in Microsoft/Xbox profile accordingly, but when trying to purchase xbox360 game in xbox store I'm being asked to enter UK address and debit card, which I no longer have. It's not an issue when
    purchasing Xbox One games, all works perfectly fine.

I suspect that something didn't sync properly and xbox360 still sees me as being in UK. Did anyone else encountered this issue? How can I update my address for xbox360?

Thanks

:)

Djukin, Jun 25, 2020
  2. ArminatorX Win User

You're welcome!

Glad I could help! 😊
  3. anttimuskinen Win User

This was it, after following your link and doing migration it works as expected.

Thanks a lot! :)
  4. ArminatorX Win User

For Xbox 360 purchases, you also need to do an Account Migration.

It's not enough to add a billing option and set your console to the other country. Your account has to be migrated to the new country as well.
  5. anttimuskinen Win User

Thanks, just deleted my account from xbox and added it again, nothing changed, upon trying purchasing xbox360. game I'm prompted to provide UK billing address and UK payment method.
  6. napalm 31337 Win User

As additional step, you try to redownload your Xbox360 profile to be sure that is correctly synched.
Thema:

1. Can't purchase xbox360 games due to wrong region on account, although it's set correctly - Similar Threads - Can't purchase xbox360

2. Can't purchase game pass for PC outside of USA

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't purchase game pass for PC outside of USA: I have my region, and the billing address set to US, but i can't process my purchase. It keeps telling me to make sure my region of microsoft is on the same region as my account. But they are both...
  3. I can't purchase V bucks on fortnite with my microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't purchase V bucks on fortnite with my microsoft account: I am trying to buy v bucks on fortnite with my microsoft account but everytime I try it brings me to payment options and it shows me a lower balance on my microsoft account but if I look up my...
  4. Can't play minecraft on 2 devices even though i have now purchased 5 version of the game

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't play minecraft on 2 devices even though i have now purchased 5 version of the game: I am wanting to play minecraft with my son on line. He plays on Xbox One and i play on PC. I bought the original game for Xbox 360, and then the Xbox One version, which i have discs for, and then...
  5. Can't purchase anything on Microsoft/Xbox Store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't purchase anything on Microsoft/Xbox Store: Just tried to buy a game from the MS Store, before is leaves Game Pass. The game in question is Panzer Dragoon Orta. Tried on both my Xbox One X and PC to buy it, but it keeps coming back with a...
  6. Can't play purchased digital games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't play purchased digital games: I recently purchased a couple digital games on my Xbox One, but when I tried playing them, a window popped up asking if I owned the game. I distinctly remember purchasing them, and I even took...
  7. Can't purchase v-bucks

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't purchase v-bucks: My son is trying to purchase vbucks on Fortnite - there is money in the account. But it keeps stating Store Experience Host should be ready soon. Check your games and apps queue to see if it's...
  8. Can't purchase a game because I don't have enough space on my usb drive (xbox360)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't purchase a game because I don't have enough space on my usb drive (xbox360): As the title says, I can't purchase a game (Final Fantasy XIII - 14.9gb) since my 16gb usb drives don't even get to 15gb. And, for the moment, I'm stuck with those flash drives, since I can't go...
  9. Trying to buy a game ffor xbox360, but I can't get pass the purchase confirmation, stuck on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Trying to buy a game ffor xbox360, but I can't get pass the purchase confirmation, stuck on...: Hi, I've tried buying Eternal Sonata for Xbox360. I've tried 2 paypal accounts and one credit card. I've tried buying from Edge, Chrome, Firefox, without ad block. No matter what, I'm always...
  10. Can't purchase anything on xbox360 video

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't purchase anything on xbox360 video: Hello, i am a very active user of the xbox video section of the console. I am constantly renting and buying movies, or at least up until a couple days ago. Starting about two days ago i was trying...