Can't reset password to Minecraft

Discus and support Can't reset password to Minecraft in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I can't reset the password on my son's Minecraft account. We've tried everything, but it seems like that either the email has been changed, or... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ERausner, Sep 15, 2020.

1. ERausner
    ERausner Guest

Hi,

I can't reset the password on my son's Minecraft account. We've tried everything, but it seems like that either the email has been changed, or there is something blocking the email being sent out for password reset.

I've tried to ask in Mojangs support, but they refer me to Microsoft due to the type of account being Bedrock edition of Minecraft. We're playing on PC, but I don't know where to post the questions, therefore it goes into Xbox category.

We've approached Microsoft earlier and gotten the response that we should contact Mojang, who in terms point to Microsoft - please don't defer the question again, they still keep pointing in this direction for support.

Thank you.

:)

ERausner, Sep 15, 2020
  2. alexroboticyt Win User

Hi there,

Not sure why Microsoft is pointing you to Mojang :/

Mostly, you'll find on the forums is volunteers, especially on the Xbox Forums. We're Ambassadors trying to help out in the community, and do not have account access to reverse changes. What I'd ask you to do however is check the email you believe is tied
    to the Microsoft account and double check if it's been changed to a new email. That'd help further the process, as the representative was probably mainly confused on what was happening and didn't understand that Bedrock is tied to a Microsoft account (which
    would be unlikely, but could happen).

Thank you!
  3. DIPDIP0TAT0CH1P Win User
  4. fredgiblet Win User

microsoft accounts

If you don't have and can't reset the password then you can't. You can try resetting the password by clicking on "Can't access account" under the password box on the sign in page, if that doesn't work you can contact support and see if they can reset it,
    if they can't reset it either then you can't do anything.
  5. FearedNightmare Win User

Don't remember password/can't reset password.

You could try and call Xbox Support and maybe they can help you out
  6. ngocphi Win User

Don't remember password/can't reset password.

Xbox support cannot resets passwords . Also if you know the windows live ID it's real simple press forgot password

When presented with 3 options password reset email or secret question or secret answer and other options

Select other options

This will take you to the windows live iD validation form which you have to accurately answer questions about your account to prove ownership as long as you are the owner and didn't put random info then you should pass .

And I would suggest setting up reset proccess cause you do have slot of options for password resets if you set them up. KeepIng your windows live id and contact info upto date is a good idea it's like your drivers license for live
Thema:

1. Can't reset password to Minecraft - Similar Threads - Can't reset password

2. I can't connect to minecraft.net or launcher or reset password.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't connect to minecraft.net or launcher or reset password.: I can't connect to minecraft.net or launcher or reset password (I don't receive an email) for almost a month already. I have Java Edition. I didn't receive any replies from minecraft.net support...
  3. Não consigo redefinir minha senha de uma conta antiga (I can't reset my password from an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Não consigo redefinir minha senha de uma conta antiga (I can't reset my password from an...: Eu já tentei de tudo para conseguir uma conta antiga minha de Xbox 360 q possui muitos jogos, e sempre falam q dei poucas informações, eu estpu tentando a mais de 4 anos conseguir essa conta mas...
  4. Can't login even after resetting password

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't login even after resetting password: Hi, I've been having trouble signing into my other Microsoft account on my Windows 10 PC. This is a new account so I don't have any of my purchases that I have on the other account but it...
  5. Why can't I set a password after resetting my password?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I set a password after resetting my password?: Hi, My old school xb1 one from 2013 finally crapped out on me. We had a good go, but it was his time to go... I bought a brand new XB1 S and discovered I had forgotten my account password. I ran...
  6. How can I unlock family settings if we can't remember the passwords or the question to reset ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can I unlock family settings if we can't remember the passwords or the question to reset ...: We need to unlock the family settings on our Xbox 360. We have forgotten both the passwords and the question to reset the passwords. Is there any other way to get this unlocked? Thanks for your...
  7. Help can't reset parental control password?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help can't reset parental control password?: my daughter was messing around with the parental settings on my son's Xbox 360 S and basically locked everything possible on the Xbox. even the password recovery question she messed with and I...
  8. Can't reset password

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't reset password: Hi, I need some help accessing a microsoft account that I've forgotten the password to, I've not used the account for many many years other than on xbox live so cannot remember much in the way...
  9. Can't get password reset code

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't get password reset code: Hi for 2 days iv been sending off the password reset and still havnt Got a reply any info on this please I need to play f6895019-88b7-4dfc-9a5a-1f359860e9eb
  10. Can't login to Xbox live on console after resetting password.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't login to Xbox live on console after resetting password.: Hey all...my son tried logging into his Xbox live account several weeks ago, but we we got a message to verify email and password. Password and email did not work. Apparently, we were locked...