Can't run game due to File Error/Microsoft Store Doesn't Recognize I Own a Game

Discus and support Can't run game due to File Error/Microsoft Store Doesn't Recognize I Own a Game in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to run a game on my PC that I originally bought for xbox (No Man's Sky). I went to the Microsoft Store, and It looked like I had to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by General Vilicus, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Can't run game due to File Error/Microsoft Store Doesn't Recognize I Own a Game

Hi,

I am trying to run a game on my PC that I originally bought for xbox (No Man's Sky). I went to the Microsoft Store, and It looked like I had to buy the game again. To my surprise, the game just automatically started to download. I let the download finish
    and I tried to start the game. The game failed to open and I received a file system error (-2143322098). I read around on some other forums and saw that someone had luck with uninstalling and re-installing the game. I tried to do that but once I uninstalled
    the game, I went back to the Microsoft store and there was no way for me to download it again. It looked like I had to buy it. It wasn't even in my Library anymore. I'm clueless.

Thanks for the replies, I do appreciate it.

:)

General Vilicus, Nov 22, 2020
  2. WandaCardinalli Win User

Taptiles has not worked on my Envy HP system with windows 8.1 since May

It has to due with update not removing original files for game and so it does recognize, but when removed then reinstalled from store then they work. Not uninstall and reinstall...that did not work for me
  3. evamiller2 Win User

Error code 104

I have a microsoft game with a 104 error and can't play it. How do I get a new game ? The store won't let me get it because it shows I already own it.
  4. Korhog Win User

Metro exodus pc gamepass save files

In which store did you get the game? coz if it's Microsoft store then you can't get access to files
  5. DevikM Win User

Microsoft Ultimate Word Games History

As far as I know, you can't access to microsoft store games folder.

They are hidden files on Windows.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Gamepass Pc

Hi,

Error 0x80070005 is an 'access denied' error code. It means that games and apps can't be installed due to file access restrictions.

Did you use D:\ drive on a previous PC or previous install of Windows 10?

Games and Apps on Windows 10 Store install to a folder called 'WindowsApps', if this folder already exists on your drive, you won't be able to install games.
Thema:

Can't run game due to File Error/Microsoft Store Doesn't Recognize I Own a Game

1. Can't run game due to File Error/Microsoft Store Doesn't Recognize I Own a Game - Similar Threads - Can't run game

2. Can't Update a game with "You're running out of space" error, despite far more space...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't Update a game with "You're running out of space" error, despite far more space...: Sea of Thieves is trying to start a 50+ GB (???) update. The drive it is installed on has over 100 GB free and the update keeps failing with an error saying not enough disk space. What can I do...
  3. I have a One S Digital and I can't get games to run

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have a One S Digital and I can't get games to run: Hi, I have a One S Digital. I bought it second hand from Cex last week. I have game pass and I'm having real trouble getting any game to run: Halo master chief collection - managed to get this...
  4. Games for Windows Live installer fails - can't run fallout 3

in XBoX on Windows
    Games for Windows Live installer fails - can't run fallout 3: Hey so I need to install games for windows live to run fallout 3 (via steam) on windows 10. I got the installer here: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=201134 It encounters an error at...
  5. Xbox nie mogę uruchomić gier[Xbox can't run games]

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox nie mogę uruchomić gier[Xbox can't run games]: Witam nie mogę uruhomić żadnej gry cyfrowej nie mogę grać w zadną gre cywrową proszę o pomoc [Translation - Hello I can't run any digital game I can't play any game please help]...
  6. Can't load a game (digital or disc) but can run other apps just fine - no error message and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't load a game (digital or disc) but can run other apps just fine - no error message and...: Hi all! I've had a weird issue and I've tried just about everything (I'll list what I've tried below). It's an original Xbox One, not the S or anything like that. Here's the issue: [img] On...
  7. The xbox series x can't run games on external hard drive anymore right?

in XBoX on Consoles
    The xbox series x can't run games on external hard drive anymore right?: I mean the xbox series x games can't run games on the external hard drive anymore.The xbox series x games,Cyberpunk 2077 fortnite halo infinite assassin's creed valhalla are this xbox series x...
  8. Xbox running very slow, can't launch any game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox running very slow, can't launch any game: I have a original 2013 XB1. About two weeks ago I had multiple game updates come at the same time. I have fairly slow internet and that week there were a series of storms where I live, resulting...
  9. I can't run the game I bought

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't run the game I bought: Hello there, how are you guys? Well, I'm facing an odd issue. Last night I purchased and installed the optimized version of "Star Wars - Force Unleashed" for Xbox One on the digital Microsoft...
  10. My game "forza 4“can't running,HELP me please.(地平线4闪退,中英文求助)

in XBoX on Windows
    My game "forza 4“can't running,HELP me please.(地平线4闪退,中英文求助): My system is win10 1909,when i open the game ,it came out the game logo picture for tens of second,then it flash back to broken(闪退) without any error code.I used to reinstaller the game,close any...