Can't see battery charge icon when I push the Xbox button

Discus and support Can't see battery charge icon when I push the Xbox button in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I'm having trouble with my Xbox One not allowing me to see my controller battery charge, and I have an external hard drive connected through USB. It is... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by IAmKillerWolf, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Can't see battery charge icon when I push the Xbox button

I'm having trouble with my Xbox One not allowing me to see my controller battery charge, and I have an external hard drive connected through USB. It is saying that I have a controller connected to the Xbox, it displays the battery symbol but it has a cord
    icon next to it and I don't have a controller charging through my Xbox. Is there any way I can make it not do this?

:)

IAmKillerWolf, Feb 21, 2019
  2. xbox24ru Win User

Hi there have you checked out this article regarding xbox one battery status for controllers

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/accessories/how-to-check-controller-battery-on-console

If you need further assistance let us know.

Thanks

Alec
  3. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Xbox One Play and Charge Kit Not Charging

If you plug in another micro USB cable when the Xbox One console is turned on, you can tell if the battery is charging if you press the Guide button. In the bottom right corner of the screen you'll see the little battery icon, it will do an animation showing
    the battery bar filling up repeatedly to show that it's charging.

If you see no battery icon at all, then I believe that means that the battery isn't charging.
  4. Lubos69 Win User

Play and charge kit isn't working right

Yes cable working and battery is charging, but I don't know when battery is charged because I can't see it on Xbox home and LED isn't working
  5. GreyPilgrim-CE541714 Win User

Problem about Play and Charge kit

Well the light usually only turns green when the battery is fully charged.

Are you sure the battery was not just charged up?. If you had the P&P kit plugged in while the console was running it would have saved the charge.

Do you have the P&C kit attached to the console before powering it down?

When you have the console connected and you press the guide button are all the blocks full on the little controller icon?.
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Xbox one s controller charging.

NO YOU CAN NOT (at least not rechargeable Mignon AA batteries)

The Xbox can't know if you have rechargeable AA batteries in it or disposable batteries.

If the controller started to charge non-rechargeable batteries, they might catch fire or explode in your hand.

Microsoft can't let that happen, as people would sue Microsoft to bankruptcy if a controller accidentally charged a non-rechargeable AA battery and it exploded in their hands, getting corrosive battery fluid in the wound and all over their clothes.

Therefore, the Xbox controller will NOT charge the normal, rechargeable AA batteries, as the console can't determine if it is a real rechargeable battery or not.

If you look into the battery compartment, you will see some small golden contacts between the bigger battery contacts. Those are the contacts to charge Play & Charge battery packs.

ONLY THESE CONTACTS will be able to charge the rechargeable battery packs from the Play & Charge kit.
Thema:

1. Can't see battery charge icon when I push the Xbox button - Similar Threads - Can't battery charge

2. I can't connect Xbox Game Pass using Xbox App on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't connect Xbox Game Pass using Xbox App on PC: I can't connect Xbox Game Pass using Xbox App on PC. I don't know why. I try everything that I can think. I have just the message "You don't have internet connection. Try again". Please, help...
  3. Can't find "Dev Mode Activation" App in Chinese Microsoft Store.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't find "Dev Mode Activation" App in Chinese Microsoft Store.: Hi, Microsoft. I recently bought an Xbox One X model for developing purposes. But when I was trying to turn on Dev Mode, I can't find the "Dev Mode Activation" app in Xbox One Microsoft Store,...
  4. Why can't my child add friends while playing Minecraft on his iPhone?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my child add friends while playing Minecraft on his iPhone?: I've been at this for two hours. One of my children can add friends. One gets a message about needing to make a change to their privacy settings. They're the same age (twins), and as far as I can...
  5. Can't purchase a game because I don't have enough space on my usb drive (xbox360)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't purchase a game because I don't have enough space on my usb drive (xbox360): As the title says, I can't purchase a game (Final Fantasy XIII - 14.9gb) since my 16gb usb drives don't even get to 15gb. And, for the moment, I'm stuck with those flash drives, since I can't go...
  6. Can't download gaming services [code: 0x80073D26]

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't download gaming services [code: 0x80073D26]: Hello, everytime i want to play a game it send me to the microsoft store and it tells me to download gaming services. When i try it makes an error with the code: 0x80073D26...
  7. Can't update my Xbox Live Privacy Settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't update my Xbox Live Privacy Settings: Hey guy! So I myself don't own an Xbox console, but I have an Xbox account for Windows 10. I am trying to be able to access groups so I can create my own for certain friends to join. When I...
  8. Can't add additional email account as an alias - says it already exists

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't add additional email account as an alias - says it already exists: Good afternoon. I've had an "@Live" email address as my Xbox Account from the Xbox 360 days. A couple years ago, I changed my personal email provider (Orange) and created a Microsoft...
  9. I changed my Microsoft password and now I can't access the game streaming app.

in XboX Insiders
    I changed my Microsoft password and now I can't access the game streaming app.: Every time I load into the app I go through a couple pages explaining what the app is and then it asks me to sign in and when I hit the button it immediately says I couldn't sign in. I've had no...
  10. Microsoft Edge disappeared and i can't find it in the store anymore

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Edge disappeared and i can't find it in the store anymore: Since I have answered the poll "Joining new rings", my Microsoft Edge disappeared and when i try to access a website I'd normally open with Edge, i get an error with the code "0x80070490" I'm on...