Can’t seem to get PC/Xbox party chat to work?

Discus and support Can’t seem to get PC/Xbox party chat to work? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hello! I’m new to PC and trying to get this party chat to work. I’m logged in to the Xbox app for windows and I can send/receive party invites. I hear... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/ShitFlug, Oct 16, 2021.

1. /u/ShitFlug
    /u/ShitFlug Guest

Hello! I’m new to PC and trying to get this party chat to work. I’m logged in to the Xbox app for windows and I can send/receive party invites. I hear my friends without issue but they can’t hear me. If I unmute my mic they immediately hear themselves in a loud echo. I’ve changed my output/input settings but can’t seem to fix this?

submitted by /u/ShitFlug
    [link] [comments]

/u/ShitFlug, Oct 16, 2021
  2. voteDC Win User

Someone remind me why I pay for this service.

[quote user="EIDOS Khris"]I mainly pay for this service to use the party chat, something that is actually free on PC.[/quote]Well to be fair Party Chat can be replicated with things such as SKYPE but actual Party Chat over LIVE is not available on the PC.

You can Private Chat between the 360 and PC but if you can't join a Party on your PC.
  3. TimC3044 Win User

XBOX PC Party Chat issue

Finally, a post that I can relate to. I feel your pain and feel the pain of the PC Friend in a very frustrated way.

I recently switched from playing games like COD Modern Warfare and Warzone on Xbox One to playing these same games on my gaming pc (still using my xbox one controller and the xbox game bar for party chat - basically, I'm the PC Friend in your scenario).

I've spent numerous hours looking for ways to fix the issue you mentioned because it seems like even though I am using a pc with Windows 10 (that comes installed with the Xbox One Companion App and Xbox Game Bar) and assuming that such a transition from console
    to pc would be simple. Well, as you outlined, something is "messed up" and causing all types of issues relating to the xbox party chat.

I can't seem to understand if Xbox/Windows are made to seem so easily compatible why, now that I'm on pc using the pc ways to continue using xbox party chat, why such an assumption seems idiotic now. I have joined/created party chats through the xbox game bar
    on pc and experienced:

-perfectly fine audio to begin but at some point, as Horr1ble253 mentions, I lose all audio to and from the console people in the party

-I have to mute my mic (in-game/not related to the party chat) because it's as if two streams of audio output have been created (this would make sense but if for example, my xbox live account is connected to my battle.net/activision accounts/Warzone game on
    pc shouldn't some sort of priority communicate between the game/windows 10/xbox party chat on pc so that the party chat works correctly/doesn't interfere with EVERYTHING?

-In addition to issues with the party itself, any time I go from standard "game chat" to "party chat" it seems to drastically impact the performance and ability of my pc to efficiently run the game I'm playing. It's almost like xbox party chat is now off
    limits because I am on pc, they are on console and even though there is some sort of compatibility with windows 10 and xbox software, it doesn't work as advertised with games such as Modern Warfare or Warzone.

My thoughts on other options:

-If I join a xbox party through my xbox mobile app, I could have full function of the party chat (change volume, etc) without interference. My phone isn't the same as being on console yet there are not any issues with connection/completely losing audio between
    party members. So do I solve the problem by running some sort of air pods/iphone ear buds from my phone that will then be inside of the ear coverings for my gaming headset? I have a hard time believing this is the only solution (it shouldn't even be considered
    a solution because of what Windows/Xbox claim to have created to essentially allow pc and console players to play together.

-Maybe try to use the Xbox Adapter for Windows 10 (USB) to connect my wireless headset to my pc. Maybe the signals get crossed and messed up with something like Bluetooth on my pc. Either way, it's annoying and it shouldn't be this difficult to find a simple
    solution when xbox/microsoft paint a picture of being able to "play anywhere on any device"
  4. Zenosos Win User

Audio capture

the only way this would be possible is one of two solutions you connect your party through the Xbox app on your pc and talk through the pc on either Xbox party or discord voice chat. There is no way of doing it any other way, however. due to the party
    chat being on a different channel on the Xbox to the audio of the game on the Xbox. Or you can stream through the Xbox to pick up the party chat this way but you won't be able to use Obs.
  5. steeledwand7664 Win User

XBOX on Windows 10 - Microphone does not work

Just so that I am clear when you are trying this in party chat? In game chat?

You can hear the other players in the chat but they can not hear you?

Are you starting the party through the stream on the xbox itself? Or are you starting the party through the xbox app on the pc itself?

These are two different things.

I personally have noticed that if I try and join a party through the Xbox itself and not the xbox app I can hear the other people but they can not hear me. If I join the party or start a party and have people join through the xbox app on the PC then it works
    fine.

So try that and see if that fixes your problem.
  6. DTO BOUNTY Win User

Can't join parties or use private chat functions since latest update.

i got a new update this morning thought it was the fix for party chat but wasn`t don`t know what it was but didn`t fix the problem with the party chat this beta testing doesn`t look too hot when are they going to fix it
Thema:

1. Can’t seem to get PC/Xbox party chat to work? - Similar Threads - Can’t seem party

2. My Xbox series x can’t seem to enable QHD at 120hz

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series x can’t seem to enable QHD at 120hz: The console is capable and my monitor is I think https://www.lg.com/uk/monitors/lg-27GL850 but I can only do 1080p at max with 120Hz. Any ideas? submitted by /u/CheeseSmacker420 [link] [comments]
  3. Made it seem as if I could pause a live game and come back to it... can’t at all! Logs you...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Made it seem as if I could pause a live game and come back to it... can’t at all! Logs you...: Made it seem as if I could pause a live game and come back to it... can’t at all! Logs you out of the servers... pathetic. Went to watch KU play in a top 10 match up and just logs you out of COD...
  4. : My resolution is low and I can’t seem to make it any higher

in XBoX TV Hardware
    : My resolution is low and I can’t seem to make it any higher: : My resolution is low and I can’t seem to make it any higher When I try and change the resolution it goes off the xbox screen but it doenst turn off everything else is fine except the resolution,...
  5. I can’t seem to buy jet set radio on the Xbox.com store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t seem to buy jet set radio on the Xbox.com store: As the title says whenever i attempt to purchase the jet set radio game from the 360 market place it allows me to get to the transaction and confirm purchase screen but when i hit confirm it sits...
  6. I can’t seem to get past this, any ideas?

in XboX Insiders
    I can’t seem to get past this, any ideas?: [IMG] submitted by /u/BYack [link] [comments]
  7. Can’t seem to play anything online, and being told to renew my already renewed subscription

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t seem to play anything online, and being told to renew my already renewed subscription: having some problems as of late, so for the past few days i havent been able to join partys, play game pass games, or digitally downloaded games ive spent money on, and every single time i get a...
  8. I’m stuck on a update and can’t seem to fix it

in XboX Insiders
    I’m stuck on a update and can’t seem to fix it: My Xbox started running really slowly, taking minutes to open apps and games and sometimes not opening them at all. I hoped and thought maybe I needed to system update as I was holding off for a...
  9. I can’t select my profile anymore. It seems to be damaged.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t select my profile anymore. It seems to be damaged.: I can’t select my profile anymore. It seems to be damaged. Saterday I played without problems and today My profile is gone. What should I do. I also had Xbox Live gold....
  10. Minecraft - Can’t seem to link up with my son on servers (Xbox One & iOS)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft - Can’t seem to link up with my son on servers (Xbox One & iOS): When my son connects to a server on his iPad (Lifeboat Network for example), I can’t join him from my Xbox One. He’s even using a child account under my Xbox account and all of his permissions...