Can't sign in to any XBOX app on Win10

Discus and support Can't sign in to any XBOX app on Win10 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I am able to login into the website XBOX.com without any problems. but I am not able to start any xbox related app. I am logged in my with xbox account... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by sander.kl, Jul 4, 2020.

1. sander.kl
    sander.kl Guest

I am able to login into the website XBOX.com without any problems. but I am not able to start any xbox related app.
    I am logged in my with xbox account on my Windows 10 PC (1909 18363.900)
    The account is listed in Windows 10 under Settings -> accounts -> email & accounts.
    When I click [Manage] there, it successfully opens my profile page in Edge.

Also installed on this PC: Microsoft.XboxIdentityProvider 12.64.28001.0

I have removed / reinstalled all XBOX apps. using the GUI and using PowerShell. they problem remains the same.

Problems with XBOX apps
    XBOX app (Microsoft.GamingApp 2006.2001.18.0)

It takes ~20 sec to start, It does show my installed games. but starts up "signed out".
    When I choose "Sign in" in the right upper corner in the profile menu, nothing happens.

I don't get a popup to login.

When I look at settings, "Gaming account" is a green Sign in button. but when i press it nothing happens

My store account is recognized and so is my "XBOX games for PC" Subscription.

XBOX companion app (Microsoft.XboxApp 48.65.22001.0)
    Starts with a green screen and rotating circle. After a long trime clicking away empty box, shows a Signin but shows rotating circle

XBOX insider hub (Microsoft.FlightDashboard 469.2003.9001.0)
    Starts with the white logo on a blue background. nothing happens after that

Reset/Repair

In the "advanced options" for each XBOX app (RIGHT click on windows start button -> "apps and features" -> search for XBOX

open an XBOX app, and choose "advanced options")

I RESET all apps, the XBOX APP also has a repair option that executed too.

Neither of which solved any problem the same problem remains.

Game behavior

I have 2 XBox games installed and they take minutes to load.

• Minecraft Dungeons does start up successfully.
    • 2 Point Hospital (2PH) does not, after ~5 minutes to gives grey popup windows in windows, with no content.

I can click the X in the top right hand corner to close the window. the 3rd time i do that it shows an error in 2PH:

"Failed to load cloud save data for the current user."
    what is wring with my account?

thanks in advance,

Sem

:)

sander.kl, Jul 4, 2020
  2. sander.kl Win User

I found the solution.

It was solved restarting the PC.

everyday I shutdown my PC and start it the next day. but in the taskmanager i found my uptime was 5 days. which is impossible.

So i restarted the PC as a test. my uptyime was reset to 0. and all XBOX apps/games work again!
  3. XBF Leo G Win User

Hey sander.kl,

Thank
    you for letting us know that the issue has been fixed. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you require any help with any other issues, please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance. If anyone needs assistance
    with this issue or any other issues, we suggest creating a new thread.

Thank you
    again and have a great day
    sander.kl!
  4. Jomari Arc Win User

Can't sign out (xbox app on Win10)

Hi,

There are several reasons why sometimes we can't logout our Microsoft account on Xbox app. Here are steps on how to clear the cache and reset Microsoft Store on Windows 10 to resolve the issue:

1. Close Windows Store app, if it’s running.

2. In the Start menu search box, type WSReset (Windows Store Reset) to see Wsreset in the search results.

3. Right-click on WSReset and then click Run as administrator option. Click Yes button when you see the User Account Confirmation box.

NOTE: If the WSReset utility is not appearing in the search result, you can launch the same from the System32 folder (Windows\System32). To open WSReset tool from System32 folder, please navigate to the drive where Windows 10 is installed (usually “C”),
    open up Windows folder, and open up System32 folder. Here, you can find WSReset.exe file. Right-click on it and then click Run as administrator option.

4. The Store app should now automatically launch along with the Command Prompt. The Command Prompt window will automatically disappear after a couple of seconds.

Update us if the issue persists.
  5. merrilee11 Win User

Windows 10 apps and Xbox cannot log in

Seems that my Surface 3 and Minecraft Win10 are in the same boat. I can log in on the website, but the app can't. Any ideas? Kinda stinks that I can't play the game.
  6. SuphanatKhamchuen Win User

i can't sign in to xbox (beta) on win10

today 14/6/2020 im updated to win10 2004 last build still can't sign in to xbox
Thema:

1. Can't sign in to any XBOX app on Win10 - Similar Threads - Can't sign app

2. "Sorry, we can't sign you in. Please sign in at Xbox.com then start this app again."

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Sorry, we can't sign you in. Please sign in at Xbox.com then start this app again.": Everytime I open Microsoft Jigsaw i get this error message. If i open Microsoft Solitaire it automatically connects. Ive tried going to xbox xmd signing in online, but it still doesnt work....
  3. Can't sign in to Xbox app on Windows 10. I've tried everything.

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't sign in to Xbox app on Windows 10. I've tried everything.: Hey ya'll, When i got my new PC in December, i was able to sign into the Xbox app no problem. The problem started a couple months ago when I changed the email address associated with my Microsoft...
  4. Can't sign in to Xbox Beta App / Can't launch Xbox Identity Provider / Can't remove credit...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't sign in to Xbox Beta App / Can't launch Xbox Identity Provider / Can't remove credit...: Holy **** microsoft! Are you **** serious with this ****?! First I can't even **** install the xbox beta app. I try right-clicking and running as administrator, this fails! I have to right-click...
  5. Can't Sign into Xbox Apps on PC and Play Any Games

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't Sign into Xbox Apps on PC and Play Any Games: For a week now I can't play any gamepass titles on the xbox pc app..games will boot for a sec and then just freeze. and I can't even log in. I will click the log in button but nothing will happen....
  6. Can't sign in on Xbox (beta) App and Gamepass games won't boot

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't sign in on Xbox (beta) App and Gamepass games won't boot: Hi all. For a few days now, I have been unable to play newly installed gamepass games, they will either not boot (like Indivisible or Two Points Hospital) and either be stuck on a black screen or...
  7. Can't sign in on Xbox (Beta) app for PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't sign in on Xbox (Beta) app for PC: So since yesterday that I completed the last update for windows 10 ,I was disconnected and I can't log in back to my account on Xbox (Beta) app. Actually it doesn't even let me try. I keep...
  8. Can't sign in to Mixer or Smartglass apps

in XBoX on Mobile
    Can't sign in to Mixer or Smartglass apps: So randomly one day I was unable to sign into the Mixer or Smartglass apps. I'm using an iPhone. I've deleted the apps, rebooted phone, reinstalled & still nothing. It says that there's something...
  9. Can't Sign into Xbox Beta App

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't Sign into Xbox Beta App: I open the Xbox (Beta) app and it opens just fine. I click on the person icon to sign in, and I hit sign in and a window shows up to choose which account to sign in as. I choose it and my gamertag...
  10. Can't sign into: Microsoft Store and Xbox App

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign into: Microsoft Store and Xbox App: Hello, I have recently changed my email on my Microsoft account and after 3 weeks now, I've been still unable to sign in. I get the message "That Microsoft account doesn't exist. Enter a different...