Can't sign in to game pass on PC

Discus and support Can't sign in to game pass on PC in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When i try to sign in to game pass app on PC (Windows 10 Pro) the screen simply flashes and doesn't do anything. So far i've tried reinstalling the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RJPC82, Nov 24, 2021.

1. RJPC82
    RJPC82 Guest

When i try to sign in to game pass app on PC (Windows 10 Pro) the screen simply flashes and doesn't do anything. So far i've tried reinstalling the app, installing the latest and some earlier versions but the problem persists.
    I'm at a loss right now and will have to cancel game pass ultimate as i cannot play online with friends. Please help,

:)

RJPC82, Nov 24, 2021
  2. ape901 Win User

Can't sign into Game Pass PC

I don't know what's happening with my computer so mine is more than just the Xbox PC app on my laptop it wont load Microsoft store, Cortana or a few other Microsoft apps.

it all kinda started after my laptop went to windows 11, for a brief while there on windows 10 all the apps were working but instantly after the update nothing worked. i got the laptop a few days ago so it shouldn't have these issues.

note: changing back to windows 10 did nothing
  3. CV_47 Win User

Yep, I'm assuming its tied to our accounts themselves - since moving to new computers does nothing.

Question - do you guys that also have this issue have legacy Xbox accounts (from Xbox 360 days)?
  4. JojoStarPlat Win User

I am having the same problem. I'm thinking about canceling the service until it is fixed because why would I have it if I can't even play the games? This is really frustrating and it feels like no one is doing anything to fix this. So many people have the same problem and are posting it all over reddit. I'm over it. Please fix this.
  5. Joannawanna Win User

IMPORTANT UPDATE!!

I've managed to get it working!

I've no idea what did it, but here's what ended up working for me.

I downloaded the Xbox companion app and installed that. Logged in ok, added a friend ok, everything good.

I uninstalled the Xbox app for the sixth time to reinstall it again, but this time, I downloaded and installed it through the Microsoft store, instead of from the website which I'd done previously.

As soon as I launched the app, it recognised my account and I just clicked to log in - I have no idea which bit helped, but I really hope it helps you folks!

Good luck!

EDIT: I forgot a step - I managed to log into a PC game with my Xbox account first, then I installed and logged into the companion app, then I uninstalled/reinstalled through the MS store. Of course it might be that none of that did it, and Microsoft have just fixed the problem on the quiet.
  6. Joannawanna Win User

I'm having the same problem too. This is ridiculous. I may as well cancel my games pass sub as I can't use it, all because Microsoft can't be bothered to get to the root of the problem and help its customers.

My PC is fully up to date (I've checked several times in different ways); I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Xbox app for PC several times, using Admin rights; I've tried clearing and reinstalling the Games Service package; I'm at a complete loss for what to do next.
Thema:

1. Can't sign in to game pass on PC - Similar Threads - Can't sign game

2. [Gamertag] Are the numbers after the # sign supposed to be hidden in-game? Why can't I go...

in XBoX Accessibility
    [Gamertag] Are the numbers after the # sign supposed to be hidden in-game? Why can't I go...: I used to have the gamertag "", since more than a decade ago. Recently, while playing Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 I noticed it was oddly stylized like "EIGHTFIAT" (an I instead of an L,...
  3. Can't sign-in to xbox app and xbox game bar for pc

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign-in to xbox app and xbox game bar for pc: I'm trying to sign into my account on the Xbox app and the xbox gamebar for PC. Every time I click "sign-in" the window opens and then immediately closes. 3da73550-4e71-47b5-809d-4ac1f6e50e85
  4. [PC] HELP! "Sign-In Needed". Can't play the game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    [PC] HELP! "Sign-In Needed". Can't play the game.: I own gamepass and purchased the premium add on bundle to earn early access for Forza Horizon 5. I still have not been able to play the game due to a "sign-in needed" message. I've search...
  5. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate For PC - Never Signing In, Can't play anything for Months

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass Ultimate For PC - Never Signing In, Can't play anything for Months: Good morning people from Microsoft. I have being struggling for months to try to make my Xbox Game Pass for PC works But it won't work anyhow, so please, help me fix it since I already tried...
  6. PC: Can't sign in on xbox app, microsoft store, or game bar.

in XBoX on Consoles
    PC: Can't sign in on xbox app, microsoft store, or game bar.: I have run through all the troubleshooting options at this point and don't know what else to do. When I try to log in, I get "You need internet for this". The internet connection is working fine...
  7. 0x80004005 ("We can't sign you in to Xbox Live") error affecting one individual PC game. No...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    0x80004005 ("We can't sign you in to Xbox Live") error affecting one individual PC game. No...: Hi. I'm having a nightmare with the Xbox Edition of Football Manager 21. I've been playing it almost since launch on my laptop without any issues, and even as recently as Thursday I was on...
  8. Can't log into Xbox game bar on PC. Error code - We cant sign you in to Xbox Live at the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't log into Xbox game bar on PC. Error code - We cant sign you in to Xbox Live at the...: Not much else to say, for the past week I haven't been able to log into xbox game bar on my pc, just randomly happned. and my error code is We cant sign you in to Xbox Live at the moment, try...
  9. Xbox App can't load any content or game tiles while I am signed-in.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App can't load any content or game tiles while I am signed-in.: Game tiles won't load on any page so its impossible for me to download and install games. This is what the "All PC Games" and "My Collections" pages look like for me: [img] [img] It was...
  10. I can't sign into Xbox Game Bar on my Windows 10 PC

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't sign into Xbox Game Bar on my Windows 10 PC: Hi, I keep getting an error code whenever I try signing onto my Xbox Game Bar, or any Xbox related apps on my Windows 10 PC, running the latest version of Windows (21H1). The error code is...