Can't start or uninstall Halo: The Master Chief Collection from my PC

Discus and support Can't start or uninstall Halo: The Master Chief Collection from my PC in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello there. I've been playing this game for quite some time with Game Pass for PC and it recently got updated with Halo 3, so I installed the ~30GB... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by xdlugia, Jul 26, 2020.

1. xdlugia
    xdlugia Guest

Hello there.

I've been playing this game for quite some time with Game Pass for PC and it recently got updated with Halo 3, so I installed the ~30GB update and tried to launch the game, but it would always take me to "Game services" (or something like that) that was
    already installed instead of launching the game. I tried to update the game manually and install all the DLCs for the game manually, but that didn't work. I tried the wsreset thing and restarted my PC, but still no effect. I looked up online, and someone found
    a solution by going to app settings and clicking both "repair" and "reset" on Halo MCC, and this is where things got weird.

Basically my PC believes the game is not installed. I have a shortcut in the start menu, but it does nothing. I can't find the game installed anywhere, but it definitely is on my PC due to my HDD space being the exact same (and this game is BIG, so I would
    notice for sure). If I try to install the game from the Windows Store, it will ask me for a place with 0,1MB of space with disk C being the only option available (the game is installed on disk D). If I use the XBox (beta) app, it wants 86,6GB on either disk,
    but I don't have that much space left (because of this game).

I have tried to right click the game shortcut and select uninstall, but it does nothing. It doesn't appear in the control panel either.

At first I wanted the game to be fixed so I didn't have to download it all over again, but at this point I would be happy with anything as I have 100GB of dead weight on my disk that I can use or remove. I have considered manually deleting stuff in the hidden
    Win10 folders, but something tells me I might get an Xbox Live ban for modding game files. Yes, I do have the latest system updates.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Details:

ASUS GL752VW

Intel i7 6700HQ

16GB DDR4

Nvidia GTX 960M 2GB GDDR5

Windows 10 Home 64 bit

version 1909 OS version 18363.959

:)

xdlugia, Jul 26, 2020
  2. Mr daffypyle Win User

The Master Chief Collection PC not working.

3. Krogoth88 Win User

No games will install whatsoever. I get no error message, it simply just doesn't try to install at all. I have the basic Game Pass subscription for PC.

I'm having the same issue! I can't start Master Chief Collection after the Halo 2 update. I uninstalled MCC and now I can't even reinstall MCC! other games seem to be fine starting the download but none of the Halo games work anymore.
  4. kuruczpa Win User

XBOTS ROLL OUT

Halo: Master Chief Collection for me :) can't wait!
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Digital game owned but can’t install

6. Daxx Armetrius Win User

Xbox One dimming while watching Netflix

Issue just occurred on my XBOX One.

The only difference between yesterday and today:

Uninstalled Halo Master Chief Collection

Uninstalled Elite:Dangerous

Installed Mass Effect.
Thema:

1. Can't start or uninstall Halo: The Master Chief Collection from my PC - Similar Threads - Can't start uninstall

2. I can't start Halo: MCC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't start Halo: MCC: Hello, what happens is that I cannot start Halo: MCC. When entering the game, it asks me to press start, when I press the button, it loads 1 second, the game locks and closes, when I log in with...
  3. I can't start Halo Master Chielf Collection - Sync File Nightmare

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't start Halo Master Chielf Collection - Sync File Nightmare: I can't start either the game with the disc or the digital Game Pass download version. Xbox One (original model). The Master Chief Collection. I have it both on disc and on digital copy (Game...
  4. "Sorry, we can't sign you in. Please sign in at Xbox.com then start this app again."

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Sorry, we can't sign you in. Please sign in at Xbox.com then start this app again.": Everytime I open Microsoft Jigsaw i get this error message. If i open Microsoft Solitaire it automatically connects. Ive tried going to xbox xmd signing in online, but it still doesnt work....
  5. Can't log into Gears 5. Start the Game "Error can not log into Microsoft account. Please...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't log into Gears 5. Start the Game "Error can not log into Microsoft account. Please...: Looking to play Gears 5, beeing trying to log in for over an hour. Looking for assistance. a29b7530-e036-450d-be78-e2806b515da3
  6. No puedo iniciar un juego [I can't start a game]

in XBoX on Consoles
    No puedo iniciar un juego [I can't start a game]: No puedo iniciar el halo the master chief collection en mi perfil, en la pantalla de inicio al pusar cualquier boton se traba y me manda a la pantalla de inicio, probe el juego con otros perfiles...
  7. no puedo iniciar mi juego el metro exodus. -[Translation - i can't start my game the exodus...

in XBoX on Windows
    no puedo iniciar mi juego el metro exodus. -[Translation - i can't start my game the exodus...: hola gente buenas mi consulta es. llevo jugando bastante al metro exodus y de la nada no pude entrar mas al juego. quiero ingresar y me sale un cartel que me dice que en estos momentos metro...
  8. Can't start / delete games after moving them around via "Apps & Features"

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't start / delete games after moving them around via "Apps & Features": Hello, I am sure I a got a pretty unusual problem for you. Because I ran out of space I bought a new SSD. I also bought an external controller for it, so I can connect the SSD temporarily to the...
  9. Minecraft: XB1 Edition won't start and can't uninstall

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft: XB1 Edition won't start and can't uninstall: Whenever I go to run Minecraft: Xbox One Edition it gives me the error code 0x80070490 (which is strange because I think it's a streaming video error?). So then I figured I'd uninstall and...
  10. Fable 3 isn't accessible due to DLC being uninstalled, can't even start a new game.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fable 3 isn't accessible due to DLC being uninstalled, can't even start a new game.: Recently I've been playing one of my favorite games with the new backwards compatibility, that being Fable 3. My friend had also gotten the game as we both used to play it a lot when had first...