Can't switch accounts

Discus and support Can't switch accounts in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hello, I have an incredibly annoying problem with the Xbox app in that i seemingly can't switch accounts, I have 2 accounts for playing Minecraft and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by LeoSörensen, Jul 21, 2021.

1. LeoSörensen
    LeoSörensen Guest

Can't switch accounts

Hello, I have an incredibly annoying problem with the Xbox app in that i seemingly can't switch accounts,

I have 2 accounts for playing Minecraft and I can't switch between them because I automatically get signed into one of them in Xbox Console Companion. What do I do?

:)

LeoSörensen, Jul 21, 2021
  2. steeledwand7664 Win User

Can't Switch Microsoft Accounts

Alright couple things.

1. You would not be able to transfer any xbox profiles and purchases between different MS accounts.

2. What you can do is change what email address that is used to sign into the account.

Keep this in mind though if the email address that is currently on the account that has your profile on it is a MS server email (Hotmail, msn, outlook, live) and you change it and remove that email from the account then that email will be gone FOREVER. So
    if the email is one of those emails and your parents still use the email you will not want to do this.

So with that in mind here are the steps to change the email that is used to sign into the account.

1. Since you dont know the current password for your parents account you will need to find that out. You can try to recover the account by going to account.live.com/acsr

2. Once you get the account recovered with a password you would then sign into the account at account.live.com/addassocid once the account is verified through that website it will give you 2 options.

Create a new account with an outlook email

Use an existing NON MS email (gmail, Yahoo, ISP) email

Once you have the new email on the account you can make the new email the primary email and then remove the old email. Now remember DO NOT do this step if it is a MS server email and your parents still use this email.
  3. Paul Bab Win User

Can't switch Xbox account

Hi,

You may remove your Microsoft account and re-add it back in the Xbox app to refresh and sync all changes made. Go to Start > Settings > Accounts, find the Microsoft account you used to sign in to the Xbox
    app, and select Remove. Then, go back to the Xbox app and sign in with the Microsoft account you just removed. You may switch between Microsoft accounts in the Xbox app this time and check if the same instance occurs.

In addition, we recommend running the troubleshooter for Windows apps that may help resolve problems with an app from the Windows Store. To proceed, click this

link
    and follow the on-screen prompts.

Keep us posted.
  4. Paul Bab Win User

Thanks for the immediate response You may refer to the following methods below:

Method 1: Restart the Xbox app

1. Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.

2. Type msconfig and click OK.

3. On the General tab, click Normal Startup, and then click
    OK.

4. When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.

Method 2: Reset the Windows Store cache

1. Press the Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog box.

2. Type WSReset.exe and click OK.

3. The Store and a command prompt will now open without any message. The command prompt will automatically close once the Store's cache has been reset.

Let us know how it goes.
  5. ThrownLizard537 Win User

Hi,

You may remove your Microsoft account and re-add it back in the Xbox app to refresh and sync all changes made. Go to Start > Settings > Accounts, find the Microsoft account you used to sign in to the Xbox
    app, and select Remove. Then, go back to the Xbox app and sign in with the Microsoft account you just removed. You may switch between Microsoft accounts in the Xbox app this time and check if the same instance occurs.

In addition, we recommend running the troubleshooter for Windows apps that may help resolve problems with an app from the Windows Store. To proceed, click this

link
    and follow the on-screen prompts.

Keep us posted.
    Currently, when trying to remove a Microsoft Account from the Settings > Accounts it shows the option and allows me to remove them. However when going back into the Accounts again, they show up again, as if never removed, and this repeats if removed again.
    When going into the Xbox app after creating an Xbox account from a different Microsoft Account and trying to login to it from the app through the Switch Accounts option, it will stay on the "Please Wait" loading window, never logging in. Will post again after
    running the troubleshooter.
  6. {Parity} Win User

Is it possible to switch/transfer parent account with child account?

No, you can't switch or transfer from one account to another.
Thema:

Can't switch accounts

1. Can't switch accounts - Similar Threads - Can't switch accounts

2. Can't login into my Microsoft account on Minecraft Nintendo Switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't login into my Microsoft account on Minecraft Nintendo Switch: My microsoft account hasn’t been working for the past month now its starting to become a joke. Before it let me log on but it took almost an hour to Connect now it had completely stopped me from...
  3. I can't switch my account in xbox, xbox live, xbox console companion and microsoft store

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't switch my account in xbox, xbox live, xbox console companion and microsoft store: I have 2 microsoft accounts, and i use 1 for microsoft store and another for xbox and xbox live, but the microsoft store account is logged in the xbox app and i can't switch because when i logout...
  4. Somebody put my account as their home xbox and I can't switch it back

in XBoX Accessibility
    Somebody put my account as their home xbox and I can't switch it back: Somebody used my exception switch to set my account to their home xbox without my knowing, is there any way to switch it back to my console as my home xbox? 76b26b0e-e22d-4752-bf0e-28f72a83ae09
  5. Can't switch accounts on Xbox PC app

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't switch accounts on Xbox PC app: I need help switching accounts on the Xbox app. I use a windows profile that is different from the Xbox account I want to use. For example, I am on the windows account *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde...
  6. Why can't we switch the microsoft account connected to Minecraft for PS4?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't we switch the microsoft account connected to Minecraft for PS4?: My old microsoft account is connected to my PS4, and I don't have access to that account anymore. You aren't allowed to change which microsoft account correlates to your game though....
  7. I can't log into my microsoft account on nintendo switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't log into my microsoft account on nintendo switch: Hello people. This will be my first support post because my nintendo switch keeps spamming me with remote connect on minecraft and every time I do a remote connect it just logs out and doesnt...
  8. I can't log into my microsoft account via my nintendo switch.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't log into my microsoft account via my nintendo switch.: I can't log into my microsoft account via my nintendo switch. I tried to clear account sign in data. I cleared save data for minecraft on my switch. When I try to log in there is no error code it...
  9. Can't login into my Microsoft account on Minecraft Nintendo Switch 1.16.20

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't login into my Microsoft account on Minecraft Nintendo Switch 1.16.20: Hello, My son has been experiencing exactly the same issue. We searched the internet for a solution and none of the “fixes” proposed have worked. After entering the code, the into Microsoft...
  10. Can't log into Microsoft account on Minecraft for Nintendo Switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't log into Microsoft account on Minecraft for Nintendo Switch: This had been working fine for a long time, now it's not working. I logged into my son's Microsoft Account in a browser, went to the aka.ma/remoteconnect site and put in the code that was listed...