Can't switch channels via OneGuide

Discus and support Can't switch channels via OneGuide in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I'm having trouble setting up or rather using my Xbox One with my Sat Cable Box and Denon AVR. I can watch TV and see the OneGuide... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SaschaKleiber, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Can't switch channels via OneGuide

Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble setting up or rather using my Xbox One with my Sat Cable Box and Denon AVR. I can watch TV and see the OneGuide Channel Info (although I don't like that the order of channels is strictly alphabetically while I ordered my channels in my
    Cable Box...), but I can't switch a channel via click on it in the OneGuide List. If I do, it just closes the OneGuide window and returns to the TV. Switching channels via remote up and down buttons works, but thats annoying if I can't select a specific channel
    but have to go through all of them! Shouldnt it be possible to switch to a channel by opening OneGuide and choosing it???

:)

SaschaKleiber, Jan 18, 2019
  2. SaschaKleiber Win User

Those articles dont help me, as they only describe how to set it up and use it. But none describe the problem I am having...
  3. XBF Nestor S Win User

Hey Sascha thanks for keeping in touch!

As stated by fellow XBF Brad A Note OneGuide only supports a limited set of features or menus on set-top boxes. You’ll have to use your remote to access other features
    on your set-top box. So it might not be available for the box in question. Head on over to Xbox ideas to submit an idea for bettering OneGuide. Since the answer has
    been addressed and in order to minimize spamming with repetitive answers we will be locking this thread, if you have any further questions or concerns feel free to

Start a New Thread
    so we can further assist!
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Sascha,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. Here are a few links to help you.

1. https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/live-tv/incorrect-show-information
    2. https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/live-tv/watch-tv-with-oneguide
    As in the next article
    Watch TV with OneGuide on you Xbox one.

Note OneGuide only supports a limited set of features or menus on set-top boxes. You’ll have to use your remote to access other features on your set-top box.

You could use
    Xbox ideas
    to submit an idea for OneGuide.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. jotun86 Win User

Time Warner NY state

Yep, it's because TWC just switched all their channels in Buffalo. They did Rochester about a month and a half ago, maybe two months. To fix the OneGuide not showing all the channels, you just have to go into settings for the OneGuide and make sure that
    channels aren't being removed or hidden. I can't remember the exact options, but when you go into the settings, it should make everything appear! Hopefully everyone will get this fixed when they update the carrier settings.
  6. ArminatorX Win User

One Guide

Does the OneGuide show little channel numbers in the channel?

If it's like in Germany with satellite TV, it's because the channel numbers are not the same on every set top box.

Some cable networks have a fixed channel order, and OneGuide knows that on channel one, it's "ABC" on channel 2 it's "XYZ" and on channel 3 it's "HBO" and whatever.

However, on satellite TV, it might be because you can order the channels to your own preference, and since OneGuide can't know which order your channels are, they don't offer the possibility to switch, indicated by the channels not having a small grey number
    in the corner.

If OneGuide offers you a TV service with similar channel offerings like DirecTV, then you might try to choose that, and if you see small numbers in the corner, order your channels on your satellite set top box according to the channel ordering of that service.

If you DO have small grey numbers on your channels in OneGuide, make sure your set top box can receive the IR signals sent out by your console.

If you have an original Xbox One (not S or X model), make sure you have a Kinect sensor. Without Kinect, the original Xbox One has no means to send infrared commands.

If you do have a Xbox One S or X with built in IR blaster, take out your smartphone, and activate the camera. Point it to the infrared window of the console, and issue a channel switch command in OneGuide. Observe your camera, and see if the infrared blaster
    is blinking on the console.

if that's the case, make sure the set top box is positioned so, that it can detect the reflected infrared signals.
Thema:

1. Can't switch channels via OneGuide - Similar Threads - Can't switch channels

2. HELP! I tried to switch my Microsoft email for my Xbox one account and now I can't find it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    HELP! I tried to switch my Microsoft email for my Xbox one account and now I can't find it.: Hi I tried switching my xbox profile's email from my brothers email to my email because we have shared the account for years and now he has his own and wants to use his microsoft email. I added my...
  3. Diablo 3 runs in russian on Xbox one - can't switch back to English

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Diablo 3 runs in russian on Xbox one - can't switch back to English: My xbox is set to English and all games launch in English except Diablo 3. I had a Russian diablo 3 blizzard account on my PC and I somehow connected that blizzard account on my xbox few years...
  4. Alpha Skip Ahead Ring - Can't seamlessly switch between party and game chat

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha Skip Ahead Ring - Can't seamlessly switch between party and game chat: Hi All I'm having the exact same issue as this person has posted and the only way to switch between party and game chat with no issues is to restart my console. I have reported this with the...
  5. Minecraft Bedrock on Nintendo Switch, can't do Realms

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock on Nintendo Switch, can't do Realms: Playing Minecraft Bedrock on my Switch and I can't join any realms or make my own. On the Friends tab the button to join a Realm isn't there and when I try to make my own, it says I need...
  6. Je n'arrive pas à aller sur un realm sur switch[Translation-I can't go on a realm on switch]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Je n'arrive pas à aller sur un realm sur switch[Translation-I can't go on a realm on switch]: J'ai acheté minecraft switch et je suis connecté mon compte microsoft seulement, quand je veut aller dans un realm un message me disant que je ne peut pas cause de la configuration de mon compte...
  7. I can't join minecraft servers on nintendo switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't join minecraft servers on nintendo switch: Whenever i try and play on servers it says i cannot join cross-platform games without both a Microsoft and Nintendo switch account. However i am already signed into both accounts. How do i fix...
  8. No puedo cambiar de cuenta Microsoft en Minecraft PS4[Translation-I can't switch Microsoft...

in XBoX on Consoles
    No puedo cambiar de cuenta Microsoft en Minecraft PS4[Translation-I can't switch Microsoft...: yo anteriormente había vinculado una cuenta de Microsoft al Minecraft PS4 y luego la desvincule para vincular otra cuenta,pero al poner el código con la otra cuenta me puso "parece que está cuenta...
  9. Minecraft for SWITCHでアカウントにサインイン出来ない。[Translation-I can't sign in to my account with...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft for SWITCHでアカウントにサインイン出来ない。[Translation-I can't sign in to my account with...: マイクロソフトのアカウントはサインイン出来きているのですが、 SWITCHの中ではサインインしていないと認識されています。 統合版です。対応策教えてく さい [Translation-My Microsoft account is now ready to sign in. Switch is recognized as not signed in. It is an...
  10. I can't log in Nintendo switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't log in Nintendo switch: I have played Minecraft Bedrick edtition on Nintendo switch for more than 2 years. About a month ago, suddenly I cannot play. The message say in Japanese 'it failed to read the global resouce'....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox oneguide directv wont switch channels

2. xbox oneguide not switching channels xfinity