Can’t talk but can hear everything

Discus and support Can’t talk but can hear everything in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; About like a week ago my mic started having problems and wouldn’t let me talk but I could hear everyone in the party.the mic is not the problem because... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by BryantGermosen, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Can’t talk but can hear everything

About like a week ago my mic started having problems and wouldn’t let me talk but I could hear everyone in the party.the mic is not the problem because it works on my computer.in the party it shows I have a mic connected but when I talk my icon doesn’t like glow up. I’ve tryed about everything and still nothing the problem isn’t my controller or my mic I’ve been watching videos and stuff but still haven’t found a solution I seen people post online about the same issue but years ago

RECAP

.can’t talk

.can hear people

.my console shows I have a mic connected

Basically everything looks normal but I can’t talk it like I’m on mute but I’m not

:)

BryantGermosen, Jul 22, 2021
  2. L4c3rd4 Win User

See if there's all set in there.
  3. BryantGermosen Win User

For the second option I can’t find communicate with voice and text

I went to settings>privacy and online safety after that it says

Xbox privacy-app privacy-message privacy and -data collection

I click Xbox privacy> all my setting here look good but I don’t see communicate with voice and text
  4. L4c3rd4 Win User

Hello dear Gamer, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Vinicius.

I am a gamer and independent advisor on the XBOX community platform.

Hey Bryant, how are you today? Hope you're well.

So, have you checked on the audio settings of the console if your mic is turned on?

Press on the Xbox button on the controller, then select the gear icon, then navigate to menu > Audio (speaker icon), then turn the mic on, if it's already on, turn off then on again.

If that doesn't work still, voice chat may be disabled. To turn it back on, go to Settings > Account > Privacy & online safety > View details & customize > Communicate with voice and text.
  5. L4c3rd4 Win User

Xbox Privacy > view details and customize > Communication and multiplayer
  6. CheetahDrew Win User

Can't hear but can't talk

I meant can talk in the title
Thema:

1. Can’t talk but can hear everything - Similar Threads - Can’t talk hear

2. Xbox headset recognised but no audio and can’t talk

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox headset recognised but no audio and can’t talk: A month or so ago I came home from football training and went on my Xbox to find I couldn’t speak to my friends and my Xbox had no audio. I have not been banned because I checked my Xbox...
  3. I can talk but my friends can’t hear me though party chat

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can talk but my friends can’t hear me though party chat: On a Friday night when I just got on the the Xbox I was about to play Minecraft with my friends. Before I had no issues until later on I thought my friends was pulling a prank on me that they were...
  4. I can hear but I can’t talk in a party chat.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear but I can’t talk in a party chat.: I tested this on 3 differant controllers and they all came back with the same result and my headset works perfectly fine on my mac. I also use a turtle beach headset adapter which I thought was...
  5. Can’t talk in minecraft servers

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t talk in minecraft servers: I can’t talk in minecraft servers. When I try to talk in servers like the Hive, it doesn’t work. When I talk on a server I made with other people, it does. I saw on a different post to appeal to...
  6. Still can’t hear/talk after communication ban ended

in XBoX on Consoles
    Still can’t hear/talk after communication ban ended: I got a communication ban on the 2nd for 24hrs. Suppose to end on the 3rd. I look on enforcment and shows that its completed, but i still cant talk or hear people. Bought the new series x, but...
  7. Can’t talk to PlayStation users on COD with my Xbox

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can’t talk to PlayStation users on COD with my Xbox: So this has been an issue from the start. I have an xbox one and my friend has a ps4. When we play COD modern warfare and when i use my mic, i can see on my screen when i talk but he cant hear me....
  8. I can hear but I can’t talk through my Xbox One Mic

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear but I can’t talk through my Xbox One Mic: So I need some help.The other day i was just gonna hop on and play around with my friends on fortnite and cod but i soon realized i couldn’t talk. I could hear perfectly fine but i just couldn’t...
  9. Wireless Gaming Adapters: I can hear my friends and game volume but can’t talk

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Wireless Gaming Adapters: I can hear my friends and game volume but can’t talk: Wireless Gaming Adapters: I can hear my friends and game volume but can’t talk hi I can hear people talk through my headphones and hear game volume perfectly fine but I can’t talk can anyone help...
  10. I can’t talk in game or part but can hear everyone

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t talk in game or part but can hear everyone: so I have done everything hard reset change my nat to open. I even called Xbox and he went through a list of things and changed something in my Xbox and nothing hasn’t worked. I have to Usenet my...