Can’t trim game clip on Xbox Series X

Discus and support Can’t trim game clip on Xbox Series X in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; When I try to clip any of my game clip (1080p SDR recorded on the internal disc) the progress bar remains empty for few seconds and then an error... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Rocku_Man, Nov 21, 2020 at 6:02 PM.

1. /u/Rocku_Man
    /u/Rocku_Man Guest

When I try to clip any of my game clip (1080p SDR recorded on the internal disc) the progress bar remains empty for few seconds and then an error prompt reading: “Error the clip can’t be trimmed”.

It happened to me a couple of times also on Xbox One X, and now every time on Xbox Series X.

submitted by /u/Rocku_Man
    [link] [comments]

/u/Rocku_Man, Nov 21, 2020 at 6:02 PM
  2. jazza1001 Win User

Clips

There used to be an app called Upload Studio which has just been removed from the App Store. To trim your videos from your Xbox follow these steps.

1. First capture your gameplay by pressing your xbox button followed by X.

2. After a short while your clip will have saved to your recent captures.

3. To see these captures press your xbox button again and move to Capture & Share.

4. Go to recent captures and press A, then choose which clip you want to trim and edit.

5. An option should now appear near bottom of list saying Trim.

6. It may take several moments to load in your clip.

7. Move your left analogue to trim your clip from.the start and your right to trim it from the end.

8. When finished press A to preview clip or X to save.

Hope this has helped.
  3. Wildboy Wiley Win User

Having trouble trimming a clip

I have now uploaded a video focusing on this issue, it shows me trimming the clips and the issues leading after that, I would hope if someone could watch it and give me some help related to the issue so I can fully trim this clip without any errors occuring,
    thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r2-yKb3D34
    After examining your video, and looking at it from my console, The "Trim" option you have available on that bar, isn't available in my app strangely. Not sure why that trim option is there, have you checked to see if the Xbox DVR has been updated recently?

Alternatively (as a work around) to trim your clip, you can "edit in Upload Studio" which will allow you trim the clip in that app (Simply pushing the left stick to move the starting point, and the right stick to move the ending
    point) and will allow you to save and upload the trimmed clip to xbox or onedrive as well.
  4. Joc Holliday Win User

Using upload studio to splice videos not just trim

Currently you can only trim videos but you can add multiple sections and trim the clip in multiple ways to mirror a splice.
  5. ZeroMoustafah Win User

Upload Studio/Video Editor

I agree its not the greatest at this point in time. I usually only use the upload studio to trim short clips. If I really want to edit videos, I capture to my pc and use different software. I would like to think that it will get a good update in the future
    or at least when the series x comes out.
  6. Fatalshock8912 Win User

Record that????

With the game DVR you can end clip and go back 5 minutes. Then you can trim it down however you like.
Thema:

1. Can’t trim game clip on Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - Can’t trim game

2. Elite controller Mic not working - can’t hear team in game chat but they can hear me.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller Mic not working - can’t hear team in game chat but they can hear me.: Hey yall, Slightly different problem than the ones i typically see and have dealt with. Been playing a lot of Warzone and while in game chat, I cannot hear any of my teammates BUT they can hear...
  3. Can’t get back into account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t get back into account: If anyone can help please....we were tryung to fix an app and restored the xbox one while saving apps but when it came back on the apos are there but all his content is gone. While I now realize...
  4. Can’t adjust my headset chat mixer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t adjust my headset chat mixer: Hi! For the past month I have not been able to adjust my headset chat mixer so I am not able to hear someone if they are in game or party chat, but they are able to hear me. I have tried several...
  5. Can’t Broadcast Audio on Twitch Stream (Series X, Alpha Skip-Ahead)

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t Broadcast Audio on Twitch Stream (Series X, Alpha Skip-Ahead): I no longer have the option to broadcast my party audio in a Twitch stream on my Xbox. Even in the Xbox settings, the checkbox to allow audio to be broadcast is simply gone, and I get no prompt to...
  6. Can’t redeem gift friend sent me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t redeem gift friend sent me: My friend sent me the code for rocket league and it says something went wrong check instroctions ed108d96-8ef5-4ca5-a48c-3492e09774c4
  7. I can’t play any backwards compatible game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t play any backwards compatible game: I’ve tried everything to play Left 4 Dead 2 (not only this backwards compatible game) on Series X but whenever i start the game, it appears a window trying to recover my cloud data on Xbox 360 but...
  8. Can’t Figure Out Series X Hard Drives and Multiple Downloads

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t Figure Out Series X Hard Drives and Multiple Downloads: I’ve picked up digital copies of COD Black Ops Cold War and AC Valhalla. I’ve got the internal Seagate SSX expansion card and I my 3 TB Seagate Xbox One external drive that have been connected...
  9. I can’t refund my realms plus subscription

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can’t refund my realms plus subscription: I tried getting my own realm on an existing world i have but every time i tried to make it into a realm it says we cannot create your realm right now please try again later i tried canceling it...
  10. I can’t trim my clips.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t trim my clips.: I cant trim my clips at all, once I trim it to the point i want, it goes to 70% or something then freezes before it says an error occurred. Ive had this problem for months and i still cant trim...