Can't update child's Xbox/Microsoft account to allow him to add friends

Discus and support Can't update child's Xbox/Microsoft account to allow him to add friends in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've just created my son a child's Microsoft account and Xbox profile, so that he can play with my other son on Minecraft on his android phone. When... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mrbubba, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Mrbubba
    Mrbubba Guest

I've just created my son a child's Microsoft account and Xbox profile, so that he can play with my other son on Minecraft on his android phone.

When he tries to add a friend, I get the message "You cannot add friends due to the setup of your Microsoft account" or similar

I have checked the family settings app and he is there in the family, but there are no options for me to change the setting to add friends.

I have followed many other instructions, which take me to the Xbox site, then to "privacy and settings", I then have my profile and my 3 sons profiles, but it will not let me select any of them, only allows me to select mine. If I click on my son's, it just loads the page again and goes back to my profile.

I've been going around in circles for an hour and so far he's unable to play with his brothers.

I'm contemplating just changing his date of birth and make him an adult!

:)

Mrbubba, Jun 30, 2021
  2. Mrbubba Win User

He's not using an Xbox, it's an Xbox profile, purely for him to play Minecraft on his android phone
  3. Mrbubba Win User

The last step is the one that takes me round in circles

I'm logged in as me, but when I click on his profile picture to manage, it just refreshes the page and I go back to my settings and not his
  4. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

5. XBF Leo G Win User

Problemas com a conta -[Translation - Account issues]

Hello JoãoPedroXR,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you are unable to add friends due to your Microsoft account's privacy settings. If you have a child account, you must

add your child account to a family by using an adult account. This will allow the adult account to

alter the privacy settings of the child account
    so the child account can add friends and utilize other social features. The articles we provided contain steps on how to complete this process. Be sure to let us know the results!
  6. Mr daffypyle Win User

Allowing Child Account to Add Friends

Hi,

Adults in the family can manage settings online and these changes will be applied to any Windows 10 device the child signs in.

You can refer to the article Set up your family to
    know more of what you could manage.

In the article Add members to your Microsoft family,
    there is a note that if the person that you're adding is already part of another family, they'll first need to be removed from that family.

Hope you find the answer to your queries in these articles.
Thema:

1. Can't update child's Xbox/Microsoft account to allow him to add friends - Similar Threads - Can't update child's

2. Can't update Forza Horizon 5 because of an issue on the microsoft store side

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't update Forza Horizon 5 because of an issue on the microsoft store side: I was trying to download the new update for FH5. When I did it gave me a message saying that we're having an issue on our side. I clicked the details and it said to go here. My PC is up to date,...
  3. Can't update Age IV keep getting 0x80070032

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't update Age IV keep getting 0x80070032: My PC is up to date, all my other apps and game update just fine, but for some reason Age won't update and I keep getting 0x80070032 [img] And yes I've rebooted :/ This is on my Win10...
  4. Can't install or update any game - error 0x80070005 (folder permission/account switch bug)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install or update any game - error 0x80070005 (folder permission/account switch bug): So, I have this problem for the last 6 months or so, but finally I was somewhat able to track down what causes it. I had 2 separate problems on my Windows 10 machine: 1 - My disk would generate...
  5. Recent Alpha Skip Ahead update on Xbox One has made the console so slow I can't even open...

in XboX Insiders
    Recent Alpha Skip Ahead update on Xbox One has made the console so slow I can't even open...: I don't know what went wrong with this update but it is rendering my console practically unusable. I can't even 'report a problem' either, as the console fails to open that menu as well....
  6. Can't update Xbox Elite 2 controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't update Xbox Elite 2 controller: I recently got the Elite 2 controller for my PC but the Xbox accessories app doesn't give me the option to update the controller's firmware. The controller works fine wired (which at the end of...
  7. Turned on XBOXONE can't successfully complete update so can't change IP address?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turned on XBOXONE can't successfully complete update so can't change IP address?: Turned on XBOXONE can't successfully complete update so can't change IP address? How can I change IP address if it doesn't successfully complete checking for updates?...
  8. Can't install mandatory Microsoft Flight Simulator update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install mandatory Microsoft Flight Simulator update: I recently bought the game and installed it via steam. Opened the game, now I'm at the stage where I install the ~135gb update. I start the install and within 30 seconds it says connection lost...
  9. Can't update firmware on xbox wireless controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't update firmware on xbox wireless controller: I'm having a small deadzone problem with my one year old xbox controller on PC. It connects wirelessly or wired to my PC and I can play many games with it just fine, but sometimes when I let the...
  10. Why can't we schedule Xbox One updates?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't we schedule Xbox One updates?: Why, at this point in the 21st century, is there still no way to schedule updates? My Xbox is the heart of my AV setup and it is ridiculous the number of occasions I'm forced to take an extended...