Cant update Forza 5 and cant play it either

Discus and support Cant update Forza 5 and cant play it either in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have the update button showing for forza 5, but clicking it doesnt do anything, neither has restarting the app or pc. When i launch the game it wont... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jahamas, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Jahamas
    Jahamas Guest

I have the update button showing for forza 5, but clicking it doesnt do anything, neither has restarting the app or pc. When i launch the game it wont let me sign in and as a result cant play it, this only started when the update showed up so i assume they are linked
    Cant update Forza 5 and cant play it either [​IMG]

:)

Jahamas, Dec 4, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Try these methods to fix the Store one by one to see if one of them will solve the problem.

Clear the Microsoft Store cache

1. Press the 'Windows + r' keys and type 'wsreset.exe' (without the quotes)

2. An command prompt window opens and then closes after approximately 10 seconds.

3. The Microsoft Store then opens automatically. Check if it works properly again.

To reset it:

1. Open the settings by pressing the Windows + i keys

2. Go to Apps> Applications and features.

3. Select the Microsoft Store application and then click Advanced Options.

4. Click the Reset button.

5. Confirm the reset by clicking on Reset again.

6. Go back to the Microsoft Store and check if it works properly again.

Run troubleshooter

1. Open Settings again (Windows + i)

2. Go to Update & Security> Troubleshooting.

3. Select Windows Store Applications and then click the Run Troubleshooter button.

4. The utility will launch and check for problems that are preventing the Microsoft Store from functioning properly. If it detects anomalies, follow its recommendations.

5. When the problems are resolved, close the utility.

6. Go back to the Microsoft Store and check if it works properly again.

Reinstall Microsoft Store

1.Open Windows PowerShell as administrator. To do this, right click on the start button and click on 'Windows Shell (admin)'

2. To reinstall the Microsoft Store app, enter the following command (you can copy and paste:

Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.WindowsStore | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register '$ ($ _. InstallLocation) \\ AppXManifest.xml'}

3. Go back to the Microsoft Store and check if it works properly again.
  3. NinjaBawse Win User

Cant re-install game add-ons on my Repaired Xbox One...

Update: I was able to re-install my Forza 5 add-ons but I still cant install the Expedition add-on. Im guessing there is a problem with the store? Either way it still sucks that I cant play the the new Titanfall maps...
  4. GRAW2ROBZ Win User

Couldn't play any of my games today after preview update

Yeah I thought it be cool to be apart of the Preview beta to get the dashboard updates early before anyone else. But sucks when we cant play games either in the little time I got to play I wanna play. Not power down the console and unplug everything and
    plug it back in like 5 times to get a track to work on Forza 5.
  5. Christoph M Win User

Cant update Forza 5

Same here with Forza 5. No solution found unfortunately...
  6. Jesse E' Win User

forza 5 cant update

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Is this on console or PC?
Thema:

1. Cant update Forza 5 and cant play it either - Similar Threads - Cant update Forza

2. WHY CANT I DOWNLOAD . PAID FOR UPDATES IN MSFS .? NO RESPONSE AT XBOX NO PHONE...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    WHY CANT I DOWNLOAD . PAID FOR UPDATES IN MSFS .? NO RESPONSE AT XBOX NO PHONE...: WHY IS XBOX GOT NOBODY TO LISTEN TO , CHAT TO , OR EMAIL TO , WHAT A [mod removed] SETUP .NOBODY CAN FIX THIS PROBLEM , I PAY FOR UPDATE (EXTRA AIRPOT) THEY GET MY MONEY , START TO DOWNLOAD IT ,...
  3. Cant play minecraft because it says im not old enough. I cant seem to update my date of birth

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cant play minecraft because it says im not old enough. I cant seem to update my date of birth: Hey my name is Renae and I am wondering if you could speed the process up. I have just purchased Minecraft however cant install it or play the game because apparently my date of birth on my...
  4. Cant factory reset to fix update error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant factory reset to fix update error: Xbox crashed and had been slow for a few days, soft reset and didn't help then now am stuck on an update at 74% and the troubleshooting menu doesn't I press the option to factory reset and it...
  5. I cant update the game services

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant update the game services: Hi! I am having a problem updating the game services, when i try to update them I get the following error: "There was an unexpected problem, error code 0x00000000" I am desperate to fix this!...
  6. forza 5 cant update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    forza 5 cant update: when i try to update forza 5 i get the error code 0x80190193 what does this mean ? 3a9168ca-cf5c-4aa9-a3b9-c7b269be1f5c
  7. Cant Forza motorsport 6 anymore after the xbox update august 2016

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant Forza motorsport 6 anymore after the xbox update august 2016: Dear microsoft and readers, Yersterday (13th september 2017) I came back home from my 12 day vacation to find out that there is a update for my xbox one s. I simply just updated it and since this...
  8. i cant play forza horizon 3 anymore because it wont update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i cant play forza horizon 3 anymore because it wont update: So when i launch Forza 3 it says that i need to update and takes me to the windows store page. But instead of updating it downloads the whole game one more time which i can tell because the file...
  9. I cant start forza horizon 3 after blizzard mountain update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cant start forza horizon 3 after blizzard mountain update: [img] cda7017b-7efb-43f9-97cf-3e75adf4c7b8
  10. Cant update Forza 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cant update Forza 5: Hi, Every time I try to play I get the "This game or app needs an update!" then I get "There was a problem with the update" how do I fix this? 600620bc-cbcd-4f0a-8ece-8ea1352e47c4