Can’t update Xbox controller. Says it’s not connected using USB.

Discus and support Can’t update Xbox controller. Says it’s not connected using USB. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I am trying to update my Xbox controller so I can use my headset. When I plug it in via USB I keep getting a message saying “There’s no controller... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/FBIfrank, Jun 23, 2021.

1. /u/FBIfrank
    /u/FBIfrank Guest

I am trying to update my Xbox controller so I can use my headset. When I plug it in via USB I keep getting a message saying

“There’s no controller connected using USB. Make sure the USB is firmly attached and try again”

However; it is plugged in using a USB.

Any tips on how to fix this issue? Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/FBIfrank
    [link] [comments]

/u/FBIfrank, Jun 23, 2021
  2. medium bloke Win User

Controller will not turn on

You say the update failed, but the batteries are good? I believe the controller can only be updated by USB wire. Try connecting the controller to the Xbox via USB, and then try updating it again.
  3. MuchElm90570352 Win User

Xbox One controller broken by Windows Anniversary Update

After the last W10 update (1703) my Xbox controller don't work.

Primarily I use the controller with the Occulus Rift.

Don´t work with wifi and don´t work connected to a USB port.

Any thoughts? Thanks
  4. YosmeryThomas Severi Win User

Xbox One S Controller Bluetooth randomly goes unresponsive

Well if you don't wish to use the app you can also use your xbox one s to update the firmware of the controller. Plug it up to the xbox with a USB cable, go to setting and devices and accessories, select the controller and then select update.
  5. RainingRoses Win User

can i use the usb cable to play? can the controller be damaged?

Hey Vincent,

Yes, you can use the controller while connected to the console using usb cable. This won’t affect performance and won’t damage the controller. Using the controller wired of course means you don’t need to use batteries.

You can also update the controller while connected through USB cable.

Standard xbox one controllers require a micro USB cable. The elite series 2 and xbox adaptive controllers require USB type C cable.

Instructions on connecting an xbox one controller to console:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/connect-a-wireless-controller

Any questions, I’m happy to help 😊
  6. mangomatt75 Win User

My Xbox One Controller wont Update, i am currently at firmware version 2.3.2381.0 and want to update to 2.3.2385.0 and i cannot used my headset adapter. When i try to update it says no update available.

I have two Xbox One Wireless Controllers with one that has a 3.5mm jack. The Controller with the jack updated to Firmware 2.3.2385.0 and didn't need to be connected to the Console by the USB Cable at all it just needed to be turned on. The other Xbox One
    Wireless Control that does not have the 3.5mm Jack has 2.3.2381.0 Firmware Version Update unable to Update to Firmware 2.3.2385.0 says that No Update is Available. I only need to connect this Controller to the Console with the USB Cable & also remove the Battery.
    I am unable to use this Controller in Party Chat and while i'm playing a game disconnects itself saying Controller Disconnected and the Controller Battery is fully Charged and still turned on. Please help me update my Wireless Controllers so that they both
    have the Firmware update 2.3.2385.0 and i can then use both Controllers again not just the one controller.
Thema:

1. Can’t update Xbox controller. Says it’s not connected using USB. - Similar Threads - Can’t update controller

2. Can’t install or move games to external HD after Xbox update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t install or move games to external HD after Xbox update: Hi, I haven’t used my Xbox in a couple of months and after turning it in today, there was a system update. This updated ok but now I’m unable to install or move any internal games to my external...
  3. Help. E102 on original Xbox one and I can’t install an OSU update.

in XboX Insiders
    Help. E102 on original Xbox one and I can’t install an OSU update.: So my Xbox is enrolled on the preview program, and I can’t use the normal OSU files as it gets stuck on 50% when I try to do an offline update. What do I do? Literally no idea. submitted by...
  4. Ok I might have figured out my issue it’s the system I can’t play on 4K after update I had...

in XboX Insiders
    Ok I might have figured out my issue it’s the system I can’t play on 4K after update I had...: Please help submitted by /u/joedoe37 [link] [comments]
  5. Help Please After May 5th Update I Can’t Use My Xbox

in XboX Insiders
    Help Please After May 5th Update I Can’t Use My Xbox: I have an Xbox One S and today I took the mandatory May 5th 2021 update... after I took the update I go to hop into a game and I get the “Took To Long” popup.. Guys I can’t even load into my...
  6. Tried playing Warzone after downloading new update, but I can’t get past “Connecting to...

in XboX Insiders
    Tried playing Warzone after downloading new update, but I can’t get past “Connecting to...: So when I launched Warzone, I was prompted with a 5.62 GB update. After I downloaded the update, I thought that Warzone would work without Xbox Live Gold, and it almost did. I reached the...
  7. Warzone “You need this update, but we can’t get it right now. Try again in awhile” Error...

in XboX Insiders
    Warzone “You need this update, but we can’t get it right now. Try again in awhile” Error...: I have no idea what’s going on. I can’t play Warzone and the last recent update was may 4th, which I have submitted by /u/joshb474 [link] [comments]
  8. you need this update, but we can’t get it right now try again in a while (0x8b050033)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    you need this update, but we can’t get it right now try again in a while (0x8b050033): Trying to play the Marvel Avengers game on the Xbox One, which has worked fone in the past, and now allnof a sudden it is not letting me play - ot displays the message “ you need this update, but...
  9. “There was a problem with the update”. I can’t update my Series X (ASA)

in XboX Insiders
    “There was a problem with the update”. I can’t update my Series X (ASA): I just woke up here 6 A.M. local time Arizona and fired up my Series X only to be greeted with a system update. The update downloads just fine but I get an error during the verifying process. My...
  10. 100 updates a week -.- can’t unroll from Xbox Insider

in XBoX Accessibility
    100 updates a week -.- can’t unroll from Xbox Insider: Please help ive been getting so many updates its crazy, literally during mid game, if i pause the game, when i turn my xbox on, practically every day i get one and its so annoying. Right now im...