Can't update xbox one-x console

Discus and support Can't update xbox one-x console in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I've manged to keep my console function for the last few weeks via the bind + eject + USB system update. It took several tries, but I finally got it to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Speedster996, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Speedster996
    Speedster996 Guest

I've manged to keep my console function for the last few weeks via the bind + eject + USB system update. It took several tries, but I finally got it to work and boot up correctly, even though now the xbox one x start up animation + green screen don't show
    up. I'm just greeted by a black screen and then (thankfully) the home screen.

Now, do I really need the monthly updates to continue playing games and using apps normally on my console?

I tried to install the August 13, 2019 system update thrice but it either takes too long to download or download but then gets stuck on verifying update about 30% in. I'm pretty sure I have a bad internal HDD which is causing all these issues. ATM, I have
    nothing on it as all my games and apps are on an external - which is probably the reason why I'm still able to use my console.

My question is this: the OSU1 file that I downloaded at the start of August is an older system update file right? If I download the OSU1 file again which is, again, 5.1 gb - am I downloading the latest system files from August 2019? I need to know this in
    case my xbox starts acting up and I need to update it to the latest OS offline.

Thank you kindly for your insight or feedback.

:)

Speedster996, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't update xbox one-x console - Similar Threads - Can't update console

2. Console Companion can't find Console after update bug.

in XBoX on Windows
    Console Companion can't find Console after update bug.: I'm currently traveling and have been using the console companion app to show games on my laptop screen as the place I'm staying at doesn't have a TV. Everything was going fine until the update...
  3. My new console (Xbox one S) can't get past the initial update page & can't download updates...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new console (Xbox one S) can't get past the initial update page & can't download updates...: I just bought a new console but for 5 days now, i can't get past the initial setup pages because my console can't connect to the xbox live servers to download updates. -yes, I've tested the...
  4. Why can't I change my address on the game console for updated credit card information?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I change my address on the game console for updated credit card information?: It's beyond broken. The interface in general is infuriating. Most people blame themselves when they can't figure things out, but I know it failed leadership within a company as to why bad...
  5. Can't update console 43C5-0000-0080-0300-8007-000F

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't update console 43C5-0000-0080-0300-8007-000F: Split from this thread. porque no me deja conectarme a xbox live a codigo de estado 43C5-0000-0080-0300-8007-000F y como se puede solucionar [Translation- Because it will not let me connect...
  6. Can't get an Xbox update on my Xbox 360 s console because I don't have "a storage device with ...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't get an Xbox update on my Xbox 360 s console because I don't have "a storage device with ...: every time I go on my Xbox 360 it says that a system update is available for Xbox live. Do you want to apply the update? I always click yes but then it keeps telling me that I don't have a...
  7. I can't update my console

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't update my console: So, I get an update for my Xbox one, and I press Update now. I then wait for the update, it turns off after it is done verifying. Then stays off and I can't turn it back on for another 5-10 min....
  8. I can't connect to the net it says I need to update my console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't connect to the net it says I need to update my console: [img] 97b0a398-09b1-4c45-ab3c-ce0d981b90a8
  9. I can't launch games, update games , power off the consol in the menu and i can't reset the ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't launch games, update games , power off the consol in the menu and i can't reset the ...: When i want launch a games i press "a" and nothing happend When i want reset the factory values i can't that was the same case nothing happen when i press "a" And when i want jsut turn off are...
  10. xbox update will not go past 15% so I can't update console

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox update will not go past 15% so I can't update console: I turned on my Xbox today and noticed there was an update. I tried updating it, and it won't go past 15% when it verifies the update. I have tried resetting the console multiple times, unplugging...