Can't upgrade hard drive

Discus and support Can't upgrade hard drive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an Xbox One X I attempted to swap the slow stock HDD from to an SSD and found too late the NAND of the console has the OS in the beta ring. The... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Will Wolferine, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Can't upgrade hard drive

I have an Xbox One X I attempted to swap the slow stock HDD from to an SSD and found too late the NAND of the console has the OS in the beta ring. The OSU1 is a mere 2 commits behind what I have installed but lord knows when that will become available at
    xbox.com/xboxone/osu1 (10.0.18363.7194 downloadable right now vs 10.0.18363.7196 on my device), I'm guessing sometime in November. It is beyond me why there is no option for offline xbox system updates for consoles in anything but the public ring or any previous
    xbox OS zips available. This is of course insanely idiotic . Wouldn't the users with consoles in the beta or alpha rings be most likely to have boot issues? Why aren't multiple OS versions available to download as OSU for offline restore? The only relevant
    post I found is a comment on this forum regarding this very question, which hilariously stated, "Since self-repair is a violation of the terms of service, this cannot be discussed on the forums" and was summarily closed
    last week. So essentially Microsoft's message is, "your console you paid hundreds of dollars for doesn't work, we won't fix it, you can't fix it yourself even though you own it and it's not under warranty, you can send it to us but we probably won't fix it
    and will charge you half the price of OEM anyway. P.S. eat dirt peon."

:)

Will Wolferine, Oct 26, 2019
  2. Smwutches Win User

Can't upgrade hard drive

As self-repair is a violation of the terms of service, this cannot be discussed on the forums.
  3. Dynamic Sausage Win User

Upgrade xbox one hard drive?

You can't upgrade the inbuilt Hard Drive. You will have to wait for external USB support to expand.
  4. xXx JL xXx Win User

Cant sign in because update is unavailable.

I am trying to upgrade my hard drive and got this same exact problem... but i put in the older hard drive and everything works fine... how would upgrading the hard drive cause this problem?????????
  5. JoshiBoy08 Win User

Upgrade Hard Drive

I' am not completely sure about this but to be on the safe side i would not do that.

One because you could break your xbox.

Two because you may get banned because it could be counted as modifying your xbox.
  6. Mark Sherwood Win User

Upgrading the Hard Drive

Hello CTclothbagco, for maximum quality and stability it is always better to get an official product or replacement. £300 for a 120GB hard drive is very steep indeed. I am sure there are cheaper alternatives, I myself have seen hard drives (60gb or 120gb)
    for around £30 - £40.

You could try registering your product and requesting a replacement (if you are out of warranty there will be a fee - but I am sure that it will be much MUCH cheaper than £300 for the HD)
    https://myservice.xbox.com

Theres always the option to try Ebay or game shops that sell pre-owned items.

I hope this is helpful for you. My over all advice would be to steer away from unofficial products, they come with more problems then they are worth and they dont support everything on the console smoothly. Thank you.
Thema:

Can't upgrade hard drive

1. Can't upgrade hard drive - Similar Threads - Can't upgrade hard

2. Why can't I upgrade my year of Gold to Game Pass Ultimate?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Why can't I upgrade my year of Gold to Game Pass Ultimate?: I recently purchased a year of Gold and wanted to take that deal for Game Pass Ultimate for $1, but every time I go to upgrade, it tells me "It looks like something went wrong, but we can help."...
  3. I can't upgrade xbox live gold to xbox game pass ultimate.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    I can't upgrade xbox live gold to xbox game pass ultimate.: I can't upgrade xbox live gold to xbox game pass ultimate because it tells me I'm trying to downgrade an existing subscription. 23d60cae-bcb8-42f3-bc88-132f7a315285
  4. No puedo actualizar a la suscripción de xbox game pass ultimate[Translation-I can't upgrade...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    No puedo actualizar a la suscripción de xbox game pass ultimate[Translation-I can't upgrade...: Acabo de pagar un mes de la suscripción gold y me gustaría actualizar al xbox game pass ultimate pero cada vez que lo intento me aparece un mensaje de "Ponerse en contacto con la asistencia de...
  5. I have just upgraded to Ultimate and can't access PC games after installing. Any suggestions?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have just upgraded to Ultimate and can't access PC games after installing. Any suggestions?: Hello Support, I just upgraded my Gold to Ultimate to play Age of Empires 2 on my other half's PC. He has Ultimate and has installed the game already on his PC profile. However, when I go to play...
  6. Can't upgrade my year of live to game pass ultimate

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't upgrade my year of live to game pass ultimate: Hello, So for the past few days im been trying to upgrade my year of xbox live to ultimate, as it just expired. Every time i try to upgrade i keep getting a "try that again" error. I've contacted...
  7. Não consigo atualizar para o Game Pass Ultimate[Translation-I can't upgrade to Game Pass...

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Não consigo atualizar para o Game Pass Ultimate[Translation-I can't upgrade to Game Pass...: Toda vez que eu tento atualizar para o game pass Ultimate aparece essa mensagem de erro [Translation-Every time I try to upgrade to the Ultimate game pass pops up this error message] [img]...
  8. Can't upgrade to Ultimate

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Can't upgrade to Ultimate: Three support chats and two escalations, every attempt to upgrade my Xbox Live Gold to Ultimate fails.....time is running out! Has anyone experienced this and found a solution?...
  9. Friend can't upgrade their Minecraft Xbox One Edition to the "Free Update"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Friend can't upgrade their Minecraft Xbox One Edition to the "Free Update": Friend can't upgrade their Minecraft Xbox One Edition to the "Free Update" please help they won't stop whinging about being unable to get it f724517e-b07f-4b4c-a895-689aa58fec5f
  10. I can't upgrade!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't upgrade!: I'm trying to upgrade microsoft jigsaw to premium, but I just keep getting an error message that says something went wrong, try later. I'n starting to get seriously annoyed by this. Any help at...