Can't use Dolby Atmos for Home Theater with headset base station connected (Elite 800X and...

Discus and support Can't use Dolby Atmos for Home Theater with headset base station connected (Elite 800X and... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Issue description: when I attempt to enable Dolby Atmos for Home Theater on my Xbox One X while I have a headset base station plugged into the optical... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by bladerunnin, Aug 29, 2019.

1. bladerunnin
    bladerunnin Guest

Can't use Dolby Atmos for Home Theater with headset base station connected (Elite 800X and...

Issue description: when I attempt to enable Dolby Atmos for Home Theater on my Xbox One X while I have a headset base station plugged into the optical audio port (TB Elite 800X or Astro A50, for instance) I receive an error telling me "Atmos is only supported
    over HDMI. Try unplugging your headset". But the headset is turned off, so there is no need to send audio via optical. Nevertheless, the only way to enable Atmos for HT is to unplug the base station....but then how do I charge the headset?

I personally reported this issue through the reporting feature on the Xbox One about 18 months ago. I traded a couple emails with a support rep, but then he ghosted me and stopped replying to my increasingly annoyed email reminders....until I just stopped
    trying.

So here we are a year and a half later, after multiple dashboard updates....and it is STILL not possible to use Dolby Atmos for Home Theater with a headset base station plugged in. THIS IS A BIG DEAL. You cannot expect users to unplug their headset base
    station every time they want to enable Dolby Atmos for HT. How do you charge the headset in this scenario? The solution seems simple to me...if the headset is powered off Dobly Atmos for HT should be available. It should not matter that the base station is
    plugged in, as long as the headset is powered off (therefore optical audio is turned off). Right??

Microsoft promotes both the Astro A50 and the Turtle Beach Elite 800X headsets as expressly compatible and fully wireless with the Xbox One. They're even green and use the Xbox logo on their packaging. Both of these headsets retail for $250-$300 (I know
    because I have bought both of them hoping to resolve this issue). Yet neither of them can stay connected to my Xbox if I want to use Atmos (which I use 24/7....I never turn it off). So both pairs are collecting dust next to my Xbox while I cross my fingers
    that this seemingly simple issue is resolved soon.

What do you suggest for next steps? I've had no choice but to consider buying a gaming PC or PS4 and leaving the Xbox ecosystem entirely. I'm all ears.

:)

bladerunnin, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't use Dolby Atmos for Home Theater with headset base station connected (Elite 800X and... - Similar Threads - Can't Dolby Atmos

2. Can't update the [Removed] console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't update the [Removed] console: i reseted my Xbox one S, but then i always got stuck on the update part everytime, because everytime i tried to update the console, then it always says 'Something went wrong' and say the error...
  3. Why can't there be a Farsi Language on the Xbox One or any of Microsofts Gaming Consoles?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't there be a Farsi Language on the Xbox One or any of Microsofts Gaming Consoles?: tens of millions of people are already fluent with this language so why don't we add it to the list? 56fae805-6a7e-40d7-97e5-c1273a61a703
  4. I bought halo mcc on the microsoft store on my pc and can't download it on my xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought halo mcc on the microsoft store on my pc and can't download it on my xbox: Just needed to know Feels like i may have to buy it again d1c265ca-a1bb-474c-91b4-6cecf0f26d35
  5. I can't buy the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate deal

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't buy the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate deal: Hey, I can't seem to buy the current Game Pass Ultimate 3 month deal, I have xbox live already. A visa is connected to the account, but it gives a error when pressing the buy button. I thought...
  6. I can't fully install The Division 2!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't fully install The Division 2!: it's been three days since i bought this game and for three day i installed it three times every time it stops at 97% which is really frustrating I've already tried all the known solutions on...
  7. Can't install games Xbox Game Pass PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't install games Xbox Game Pass PC: I bought the xbox game pass on PC and I'm not able to download and install any game : Code error : 0x80d03002 I updated windows, I tried reinstalling Game Services, and more, I don't know what...
  8. Can't engage Dolby Vison

in XboX Insiders
    Can't engage Dolby Vison: So I have a TV that is capable of Dolby vision. I know this or should I say, I actually just found this out while watching Netflix from the TV itself. I usually watch Netflix through my Xbox one...
  9. Xbox One X: Can't use Dolby Atmos for Home Theater while headset base station is connected...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X: Can't use Dolby Atmos for Home Theater while headset base station is connected...: (copied directly from my Microsoft forum discussion, where they were stumped and ultimately recommended that I post it over here) Issue description: when I attempt to enable Dolby Atmos for Home...
  10. Can't Bitstream Out Dolby Atmos when Plantronics RIG 100HX is plugged in:

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Bitstream Out Dolby Atmos when Plantronics RIG 100HX is plugged in:: Hi, Yesterday I purchased a Plantronics RIG 100HX for Xbox One microphone. I run my Xbox One X audio via a Yamaha RX-A2050 receiver to speakers, with Bitstream Out Dolby Atmos HDMI on Xbox audio...