Can't use Dolby Atmos for Home Theater with headset base station connected (Elite 800X and...

Discus and support Can't use Dolby Atmos for Home Theater with headset base station connected (Elite 800X and... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Issue description: when I attempt to enable Dolby Atmos for Home Theater on my Xbox One X while I have a headset base station plugged into the optical... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by bladerunnin, Aug 29, 2019.

1. bladerunnin
    bladerunnin Guest

Can't use Dolby Atmos for Home Theater with headset base station connected (Elite 800X and...

Issue description: when I attempt to enable Dolby Atmos for Home Theater on my Xbox One X while I have a headset base station plugged into the optical audio port (TB Elite 800X or Astro A50, for instance) I receive an error telling me "Atmos is only supported
    over HDMI. Try unplugging your headset". But the headset is turned off, so there is no need to send audio via optical. Nevertheless, the only way to enable Atmos for HT is to unplug the base station....but then how do I charge the headset?

I personally reported this issue through the reporting feature on the Xbox One about 18 months ago. I traded a couple emails with a support rep, but then he ghosted me and stopped replying to my increasingly annoyed email reminders....until I just stopped
    trying.

So here we are a year and a half later, after multiple dashboard updates....and it is STILL not possible to use Dolby Atmos for Home Theater with a headset base station plugged in. THIS IS A BIG DEAL. You cannot expect users to unplug their headset base
    station every time they want to enable Dolby Atmos for HT. How do you charge the headset in this scenario? The solution seems simple to me...if the headset is powered off Dobly Atmos for HT should be available. It should not matter that the base station is
    plugged in, as long as the headset is powered off (therefore optical audio is turned off). Right??

Microsoft promotes both the Astro A50 and the Turtle Beach Elite 800X headsets as expressly compatible and fully wireless with the Xbox One. They're even green and use the Xbox logo on their packaging. Both of these headsets retail for $250-$300 (I know
    because I have bought both of them hoping to resolve this issue). Yet neither of them can stay connected to my Xbox if I want to use Atmos (which I use 24/7....I never turn it off). So both pairs are collecting dust next to my Xbox while I cross my fingers
    that this seemingly simple issue is resolved soon.

What do you suggest for next steps? I've had no choice but to consider buying a gaming PC or PS4 and leaving the Xbox ecosystem entirely. I'm all ears.

:)

bladerunnin, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't use Dolby Atmos for Home Theater with headset base station connected (Elite 800X and... - Similar Threads - Can't Dolby Atmos

2. How come xbox has these problems ever day were you can't talk in party chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    How come xbox has these problems ever day were you can't talk in party chat: I can't even talk to my friends and play a simple game every single day it's like this I'll even restart the console yet nothing helps 01ea6f26-7a7b-4991-9674-e46890fa7f53
  3. Can't sign into my account when offline

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't sign into my account when offline: Been having issues with my internet lately which is a whole other issue with ATT, but im not able to sign into my account when not online. Is this a thing now? I cant access my digital games...
  4. Can't install Gears 5 with UGP.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install Gears 5 with UGP.: I tried install Gears 5 in my computer and can't install, the problem is always the same 0x00000001 error. I tried restart my computer, restart Xbox (Beta), exit of Xbox (Beta), uninstall and...
  5. Can't play Where's Waldo? The Fantastic Journey on PC - It's not showing up for download or...

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't play Where's Waldo? The Fantastic Journey on PC - It's not showing up for download or...: Hello, I'm unable to play Where's Waldo? The Fantastic Journey on PC. I paid money for it, but it's not showing up on Windows 7, Vista, 8 or 8.1 with Games for Windows Live or Windows 10 with...
  6. Can't Sign-In

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Sign-In: My Xbox One will not let me Sign-in. When I first tried, I got this code: 0x801901f4. I've clicked Sign-in in multiple different places, a loading screen appears, then disappears, and then nothing...
  7. Não consigo fazer login na minha conta da xbox live [Translate] I can't sign in to my Xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Não consigo fazer login na minha conta da xbox live [Translate] I can't sign in to my Xbox...: Oi, Eu estou tendo problemas ao tentar fazer login na minha conta da xbox live e toda hora que coloco a senha de segurança ( aquela senha que você usa os botões do controle como dígitos ),...
  8. I can't preload Borderlands 3

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't preload Borderlands 3: I preorder Borderlands ages ago. I'm in Australia and according to 2K advise should have been able to start downloading the actual game 9hours ago. There is no option to do. Am I doing something...
  9. no puedo descargar un juego de la store (I can't download a game from the store)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    no puedo descargar un juego de la store (I can't download a game from the store): buenas tardes, el problema que presento en estos momentos es la siguiente: tengo el xbox game pass y quiero descargar el gears of war 5 pero al querer hacer clic en instalar el cursor se convierte...
  10. Can't Bitstream Out Dolby Atmos when Plantronics RIG 100HX is plugged in:

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Bitstream Out Dolby Atmos when Plantronics RIG 100HX is plugged in:: Hi, Yesterday I purchased a Plantronics RIG 100HX for Xbox One microphone. I run my Xbox One X audio via a Yamaha RX-A2050 receiver to speakers, with Bitstream Out Dolby Atmos HDMI on Xbox audio...