Cant use party chat on windows 10 Xbox app. Error code:[0x80072EFF]

Discus and support Cant use party chat on windows 10 Xbox app. Error code:[0x80072EFF] in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So for about 3 months now i have been struggling with not being able to talk on party chat in the Xbox app for windows 10 . Every time i'd like to join... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Rafe Lombard, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Rafe Lombard
    Rafe Lombard Guest

So for about 3 months now i have been struggling with not being able to talk on party chat in the Xbox app for windows 10 . Every time i'd like to join a friend or invite him it says :" We can't connect you to Xbox Live right now- the service might be down
    [0x80072EFF]"

I've searched around and seen a few explanations for the problem and how to solve them like going into Network&Internet>Proxy>Internet options>Advanced setting>Restore advanced settings ... I've also tried resetting the Xbox app going , installing Xbox App
    Beta and signing into different accounts to invite friends but nothing works .

If anyone has any clue how to fix this please help me. This has been bothering me alot and

I really cannot handle this anymore.

:)

Rafe Lombard, Jan 30, 2019
  2. Xg Morgoth Win User

xbox party chat

ive used both the normal and the beta app and im unable to start or join a party chat now all i get is a error code [0x80072eff] its been a problem for over a week now.
  3. Rafe Lombard Win User

Thanks but this did not work as well , but thanks for the time!
  4. ChiefJoboo Win User

Things to try:

1. Install all Windows updates in Settings > Updates.

2. Please try to update the xbox app by going to Start > Microsoft Store > click the 3 dots icon at the top right > My Library > see if there is an arrow beside the xbox app. If you don't see the xbox app click "Show all" on the right to see them all.

3. Please click Start, type "Apps & features" select that, Find "Xbox" and click it, Click "Advanced Options", Click "Reset" you see there. Restart the app and try to sign in again. (but you've already done this, but it wouldn't hurt to try again).

4. Please click Start > type Troubleshoot and click it > go to the bottom and click Troubleshoot Windows Store Apps > see if it fixes any problems for the xbox app or shows an error that wasn't fixed.

5. Go to the Windows Store and find Xbox (beta) and download that and see if you still have the issue.

6. Please press the Win+R keys to open the Run dialog. Type WSReset.exe and click on OK. The Store and a command prompt will now open without any message. The command prompt will automatically close when the store cache has been reset. Try the app after
    that.

7. The next steps would be to use some commands in windows powershell, as an admin. Start > type powershell > right click and Run as Admin.

Enter this command:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)Axml”}

That resets the Xbox app.

8. Check the Settings > Network part of the xbox app if you can get it running, to see if it says something about no NAT or something about Teredo problem.

9. Do a clean boot on windows 10:

1. Press the "Windows + R" key to open a Run box.
    2. Type msconfig and click OK.
    3. On the General tab, click Selective startup.
    4. Clear the Load startup items check box.
    5. Click the Services tab.
    6. Select the Hide all Microsoft services check box (at the bottom).
    7. Click Disable all.
      Reboot.
    Make sure to undo this after you boot up - change it back to normal startup.
  5. Joc Holliday Win User

So try giving this a look through and see if this helps you.

I stream on mixer and use the Xbox App everyday. First starting off I kinda has the same issue you did. I use this from Xbox Support

Xbox App Server Connectivity
  6. Rafe Lombard Win User

Ok ...

Well i went to go do allll of that and well , now and i can say NOTHING worked .

I honestly have no clue if i'm just that dumb and i like did something small but i dont seem to get anything right.

So thank you allot for your time and effort but sadly nothing worked for me ... This might be helpfull for somebody else though so thanks.

If you got any more ideas of what it could be just reply and ill see i f it works

Thanks
Thema:

1. Cant use party chat on windows 10 Xbox app. Error code:[0x80072EFF] - Similar Threads - Cant party chat

2. Xbox App on my PC cant send or receive messages and party chat is super bugged

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox App on my PC cant send or receive messages and party chat is super bugged: Whenever I try to send a message in the app it says, "We couldn't send this message. Try again later". And when I try to open my messages page it says, "Try again-We had trouble getting your...
  3. Been banned for 3 days past my ban lift, cant talk to my friends in party chat.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Been banned for 3 days past my ban lift, cant talk to my friends in party chat.: So i got banned a little bit over two weeks ago , and you guys said you would lift my ban on July 4th, it is now currently July 7th and im still banned, i have checked everything and tried...
  4. Cant hear my friend in party chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant hear my friend in party chat: So for some reason I cant hear my friend in party chat. It's only him and I can hear everyone else. I've tried deleting my profile, had both of us reset our xboxes, and nothing. What it seems like...
  5. Party chat. They can hear me but i cant hear them.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Party chat. They can hear me but i cant hear them.: I was playing last night and everything was fine, but i go to play today and party chat is acting funny. My friends can hear me but i cant them. Weve tried different parties, some issue, ive tried...
  6. I can hear others but they cant hear me in party chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear others but they cant hear me in party chat: I have tried different controller, different headsets, I've even tried my kinect but no mic works. the little right will light up when i'm talking but they cant hear me. i have an open NAT type,...
  7. Friends cant hear me in chat (both party and skype)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friends cant hear me in chat (both party and skype): Hi, since yesterday my friends cant hear ne in chat (neither party chat nor skype) and I realy tryed everything... Its not my NAT or headset, i tryed restarting the xbox multiple times, i...
  8. I cant talk to people but can hear them in party chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant talk to people but can hear them in party chat: To save some steps for anyone that can help ive tried 1.) Nat type troubleshooting. my nat type switched between moderate and open when its moderate it says the UPnP is unsuccessful. 2.)...
  9. Over a week after my communications ban was up i still cant use party chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Over a week after my communications ban was up i still cant use party chat: My ban has been up for over a week and i still cant use party chat. I have checked to make sure my ban was up or if i got another one and xbox enforcement is all clear...
  10. I cant talk in an xbox party chat!

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant talk in an xbox party chat!: Resently i got unbanned from communication but right after i was supposed to get unbanned, i joined a party and at the top it said "Your privacy settings prevent chat with some people" i checked...