Can't use the record feature while using an AMD Radeon RX 6500 XT

Discus and support Can't use the record feature while using an AMD Radeon RX 6500 XT in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; So I just bought the RX 6500 XT and apparently the record feature on Xbox Game Bar won't works with this GPU, probably because this GPU doesn't have a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Rox4ane, May 14, 2022.

1. Rox4ane
    Rox4ane Guest

So I just bought the RX 6500 XT and apparently the record feature on Xbox Game Bar won't works with this GPU, probably because this GPU doesn't have a video encoding. Any solution? Maybe make a feature where we can change the encoding, so I still can record using CPU. Thanks.

:)

Rox4ane, May 14, 2022
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community.

Hello Rox4ane, you've tried some procedure like updating the video card drivers or even checking the capture settings in windows settings.

Also, have checked if you have the latest version of Windows installed, at 21H2, because recently came out the latest update to Windows 10 and 11.

See which version of Windows 10 you have

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/see...

Updates often seen as optional, Microsoft released major fixes this week, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed.

If you haven't updated yet, click the link below, update and then make all subsequent security updates.

Download Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Download Windows 11

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Also make sure all Xbox Apps are up to date in the store, and make sure you have the Xbox Companion App installed, it works with the Xbox App.
  3. Farscape247 Win User

unfortunately the gamebar requires hardware based encoders, use radeon relive or obs, obs you can use cpu encoding (this will hit the cpu hard though)
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Need DirectX 12 feature level 12.1 but no updates

Hi,

The minimum graphics card for Elden Ring is Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB or AMD Radeon RX 580 4GB. What does your system have?
  5. santinolopez chiesa Win User

Microsoft Flight Simulator

Motherboard: B450 AORUS M

Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor (12 CPUs), ~3.6GHz

Memory: 16384MB RAM

Graphic card: Radeon RX 580 Series
  6. Paconn92_ Win User

Framerate capped to 30 fps in Tacoma on GamePass

Hi,

It's an 8gb Radeon RX 580. I've had a look in the Radeon Software but can't see any settings that would be limiting the framerate.
Thema:

1. Can't use the record feature while using an AMD Radeon RX 6500 XT - Similar Threads - Can't record feature

2. Xbox Game Bar can't screen record Minecraft on full screen. Fix

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar can't screen record Minecraft on full screen. Fix: Someone help me figure out how to fix Xbox Game Bar can't screen record Minecraft on full screen, it just flashes and when you do the shortcut-key 'Windows+Alt+R' after the flash, it records but...
  3. I can't enable the option "Record game clips, screenshots and stream with Game bar" to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't enable the option "Record game clips, screenshots and stream with Game bar" to...: Hi, I am currently unable to record my screen with the Xbox Game Bar, I have watched videos and read forums and they all say that you have to go to settings -> Gaming and enable the option to...
  4. I can't record video with Xbox Game Bar

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't record video with Xbox Game Bar: when i use capture mode i can't capture and it doesn't let me click [img] 0bf725ec-0a6e-433f-950a-b6421ed4dffc
  5. Can't appeal a ban, says I have a perfect record but on xbox says im banned. how to fix?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't appeal a ban, says I have a perfect record but on xbox says im banned. how to fix?: Can someone help me please, i cant submit or file a case because it thinks i have a perfect record when i really got banned for no reason, and i still dont understand why i was banned in the first...
  6. Can't sign into xbox account but enforcement says perfect record

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign into xbox account but enforcement says perfect record: [mod removed - personal information] Unable to sign into my Xbox account on the App for PC because "my device or account has been suspended". I logged into an account after figuring out the email...
  7. Series S can't use external HD to record

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series S can't use external HD to record: It says that I have to format it on a PC which it works fine on my XBone I can record up to 10 minutes but it's not letting me use my external to record on? 28abc7f8-bffa-4cd8-8530-d562cef1899c
  8. Why I can't record game and party chat?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why I can't record game and party chat?: Why I can't record game and party chat on my Xbox series X? My son PlayStation can do easy, also record up to 30min. 2215a1b4-5b3f-41ff-a4bd-21ad2a5274fa
  9. Can't record clips or stream on Twitch

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't record clips or stream on Twitch: Hi, hopefully someone can help me. I can't stream on Twitch anymore. I can start a broadcast but the stream will just stop itself with no warning almost immediately after. More importantly, when I...
  10. Screen recordings can't be deleted

in XboX Insiders
    Screen recordings can't be deleted: I have noticed that when I record anything on my Xbox (Series S) and want to delete that it will delete it only on the console but will stay on the drive. Is there a fix for that? submitted by...