Can't view voice/ picture messages on the xbox one?

Discus and support Can't view voice/ picture messages on the xbox one? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I received a picture and voice message from a friend earlier today/ yesterday. To my surprise it said "sorry we cant open this, open on the xbox 360.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RVN World News, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Can't view voice/ picture messages on the xbox one?

I received a picture and voice message from a friend earlier today/ yesterday. To my surprise it said "sorry we cant open this, open on the xbox 360. So whats going on? Can the xbox one just not do this when its from the 360? Does this also happen if someone
    sends a voice/ picture message from another xbox one?

:)

RVN World News, Mar 13, 2014
  2. ClNTRoN
    ClNTRoN Guest
    Xbox One OS/UI features you still miss in the monthly updates

Playing music in the background (Without it having to be snapped)
    Voice messages
    Picture messages

ClNTRoN, Mar 13, 2014
  3. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    Voice messages

Probably the reason why you can't check voice messages on smart glass or xbox.com is because of the PowerPC hardware which Xbox 360 uses. It's also the reason why you can't open them on Xbox 1 because the console has x86-64 hardware which PC's also use.
    90% of the voice messages I get are OK usually friends/recent players wanting to play or organize something some love messages or sharing some music. Only less than 10% are kind of hate messages but you also get those sort of messages with txts too. On Xbox
    360 you can picture message, voice message, and txt message.

I don't see why on Xbox 1 you can only send txt messages. It takes away the fun in a sense. As you probably can tell I strongly support voice messaging.

smileskybird, Mar 13, 2014
Thema:

Can't view voice/ picture messages on the xbox one?

1. Can't view voice/ picture messages on the xbox one? - Similar Threads - Can't view voice

2. Error message on child account 'Can't view content made by other people'

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Error message on child account 'Can't view content made by other people': My son is having problems playing Roblox and Terraria because it says his account is set up so he can't view content created by others. I have seen on these forum pages that I need to change the...
  3. Can't view screenshots of games in Xbox One store

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't view screenshots of games in Xbox One store: Alright so here's my issue: My Xbox Live account is set up as an adult's account, right? But for whatever reason, I can't view screenshots of games in the Xbox's store. Instead of the screenshots...
  4. Greek region, Xbox 360 game hubs on Xbox One throw error, can't view achievements! [Please fix]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Greek region, Xbox 360 game hubs on Xbox One throw error, can't view achievements! [Please fix]: On Xbox One, we can't access any game hub content for 360 games. Trying to view one immediately shows an error. Also, no achievements are appearing for 360 games under the achievements section on...
  5. Greek region, Xbox 360 game hubs on Xbox One throw error, can't view achievements! [Please ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Greek region, Xbox 360 game hubs on Xbox One throw error, can't view achievements! [Please ...: On Xbox One, we can't access any game hub content for 360 games. Trying to view one immediately shows an error. Also, no achievements are appearing for 360 games under the achievements section on...
  6. Can't view profile info on Xbox App?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't view profile info on Xbox App?: I'm just missing something or is there not a way to view a streamer's profile using the Xbox app? Stuff like "About" "FAQ" Rules", etc. The stuff you'd add under Channel Description and Channel...
  7. Can't view profile and gamerscore is 0

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't view profile and gamerscore is 0: So I recently came home from college for winter break and apparently at some point during the last month all the accounts on my brothers xbox one got signed out. When I signed back in I was able...
  8. Friends can't view my profile bio?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friends can't view my profile bio?: I have my friends list and bio set that everybody can see it and i also have my online status set to everyone but no one can view my bio and friends list. i've cleared my mac address, i've deleted...
  9. Friends can't view my captures?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Friends can't view my captures?: Good morning/afternoon/evening Recently, people on my friends list are unable to view game clips or screenshots I've captured. They've always been working since Day One but all of a sudden can no...
  10. Still can't view Voice Messages or join Private Chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    Still can't view Voice Messages or join Private Chat: At the end of my tether with this. Last 3 weeks or so, I was enjoying talking to my disabled friend via Private Chat. Except 2 days ago. Now suddenly, it won't let my view voice messages or join...