Capture for a Parent

Discus and support Capture for a Parent in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey Guys, My kid has an Xbox360 and would really like to make commented videos of his Xbox360 games (particularly Fifa15). I think he wants to capture... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by XtremSolution, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Capture for a Parent

Hey Guys,

My kid has an Xbox360 and would really like to make commented videos of his Xbox360 games (particularly Fifa15). I think he wants to capture the game and also video commentary in an inset window (a bit like
    does).

I can buy him a Gamecap pass-through of some kind to record the game... and I can put a laptop with a Webcam in it next to him which would capture video of him. Am I going to have to manage insetting the commentary video myself?

Or is there a more integrated bit of kit / software that would enable him to do this?

Or do I just have to get him happy with capturing gameplay with his gamecap and just taking the microphone commentary from his headset, without getting video commentary?

Any help gratefully received.

X

:)

XtremSolution, Mar 3, 2015
  2. DrChek
    DrChek Guest
    Resetting permission granted for game

As posted in the screen capture above, the page
    account.xbox.com/.../Settings
    when logged in as my parent account, does not allow me to reset content access.

DrChek, Mar 3, 2015
  3. Arminator
    Arminator Guest
    Captures stored ON my Xbox disappeared

It's not related to the update.

The Xbox console has only a limited amount of reserved space for captures, so if that limit is reached, new captures will "push out" older captures.

If you wish to keep certain captures permanently, you need to use Upload Studio to upload your captures to OneDrive for example.

Arminator, Mar 3, 2015
  4. DrChek Win User

Resetting permission granted for game

As posted in the screen capture above, the page
    account.xbox.com/.../Settings
    when logged in as my parent account, does not allow me to reset content access.
  5. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

Cannot take screenshots

Try going into Settings, Preferences, and then Capture & Share.

From there check to see if under Capture in the first block that says, "Allow game captures", and see if it either shows: "Captures by me or games" or "Capture by me."

If it says, "Don't capture", then change it to either one of the other two options.
  6. PalmettoBling Win User

Game captures not working.

Just to check, is this on Xbox One console or PC via Game Bar? Has it worked previously at any point?

With captures, it can take sometime for it to record and encode the video before it's posted, but it would show up at a later time. You're not seeing any historical captures?

As a long shot, one thing I would check is the configuration of your
    Privacy and Online Safety Settings
    for your account to see if it is set to allow video captures. I would think it would give you a message when you try, if it's set to not allowing, but I haven't tried it myself, so I'm not 100% sure.
  7. WinterSolstice Win User

Captures stored ON my Xbox disappeared

It's not related to the update.

The Xbox console has only a limited amount of reserved space for captures, so if that limit is reached, new captures will "push out" older captures.

If you wish to keep certain captures permanently, you need to use Upload Studio to upload your captures to OneDrive for example.
    Then why is it that when i went to look at the recent captures that ive made over the last few days, the only captures i have were from over a year ago?? Where are all of my recent captures? Even the captures i had posted to my activity feed are gone
  8. Gimpy_P Win User

Bullying

If real life threats are being made, notify the local law enforcement, give them the name of the friend who knows who the offenders are. If you still are in possession of some of these threats, take a picture of, or screen capture them.

As mentioned above, set up the parental blocking on the account. If it's not set up as a child's account under an adult account (one only accessed by you), I suggest starting a new account for your child and setting it so only friends can message him, and
    so that you, as the parent, must ok any friend requests.
Thema:

Capture for a Parent

1. Capture for a Parent - Similar Threads - Capture Parent

2. Game Capture Not Recording Desired Length

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game Capture Not Recording Desired Length: Hey there everyone, i am just wondering if anyone else is having an issue with recording gameplay. For instance on my xbox one x i have it set to record for 1 minute at 1080 but it only record for...
  3. My XBOX ONE X only capture 3 or 5 seconds of gameplay !!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBOX ONE X only capture 3 or 5 seconds of gameplay !!!: For some time now when I want to capture what happened in the last 45 seconds or whatever, only 3 to 5 seconds of gameplay is recorded on the console. I didn't have this problem before! I don't...
  4. Xbox Game DVR: Unable to find captures?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game DVR: Unable to find captures?: I recently was going through my PC files to clean up videos and pictures I may need later, since my laptop stopped charging on its own a while ago. I put my Game DVR captures (the whole "Captures"...
  5. Xbox game bar/capture keeps crashing

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox game bar/capture keeps crashing: Whenever I record using the game bar, it crashes 1-2 minutes into the recording. It says "recording isn't working error 2147942487." How do i fix this issue? b24b1265-a2d8-4e00-a760-6d7588edc1dc
  6. Xbox game captures not showing up from a couple of months ago.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox game captures not showing up from a couple of months ago.: I’ve recently been looking through some of my captures when I come to notice that only 3 months worth of captures are showing up. I’ve been making captures on my account for more than 3-4 months...
  7. xbox screen capture doesn't capture my entire screen

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox screen capture doesn't capture my entire screen: [img] for some reason my screen recorder and screenshot capture thing just doesn't pick up my layers? below is what its s'posed to look like, is something wrong?? Am I doing something wrong????...
  8. capturing headset and game chat audio

in XBoX Accessibility
    capturing headset and game chat audio: When will you guys have a built in feature where it records your voice and gamechat as well as party chat, when recording clips? I would really like to see this feature come out and i know alot of...
  9. Xbox One Gameplay Capturing

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One Gameplay Capturing: When I try to capture gameplay clips by saying, "Xbox Record that" or "Xbox record what happened", it doesnt record the full amount of time. I have my settings set to 30 second clips but it...
  10. Xbox One Captures

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Captures: Hi! I'm having a problem with my game captures being stuck in the Upload Queue. I have recorded shorter clips before and they work fine. I recently recorded a 10 min clip and I want to share it to...