Capture Game Chat or Party Chat on Xbox Series X

Discus and support Capture Game Chat or Party Chat on Xbox Series X in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm trying to include game chat (or even party chat) audio in my Halo Infinite captures on my Xbox series X. I know it's already possible to include... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JTORN, Jan 20, 2022.

1. JTORN
    JTORN Guest

I'm trying to include game chat (or even party chat) audio in my Halo Infinite captures on my Xbox series X. I know it's already possible to include these on PC with a variety of options (whether first or third party programs) but I don't have a PC capable of running Infinite. I have tried recording game and party chat with friends of mine that are also on xbox series x and even though I have all the correct settings enabled (1. All the settings enabled to broadcast and share party/game audio in the xbox settings menus... 2. All the comms settings enabled in the Halo Infinite for game chat and mic broadcasting) my captured clips on XSX (whether using 'record what just happened' or recording a long clip manually) don't include game or party audio. It's not just my friends mic audio in game/party chat, but mine doesn't get captured either! Has anyone had luck with this? I don't want to broadcast to twitch and I don't want to buy an external capture card.

:)

JTORN, Jan 20, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi JTORN! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Currently game clips on the Xbox consoles won't record party/in-game chat neither your own audio, it's not a feature on the Xbox clips
  3. JTORN Win User

That's unfortunate considering PC and PS4/PS5 can do it. Hopefully the feature will be added via update in the future. Thanks for the clarification though...I've been searching for a concrete answer on the subject for some time now.
  4. feffreyfeffrey Win User

Audio Issue

I'll clarify...

Im trying to capture in game voice chat when I record a clip on call od duty warzone. Im Im not in party chat and understand that game captures do not capture party chat.

Im trying to record in game voice chat not party
  5. Alec Minichini Win User

2 Gamertag Bug/Glitch

Everywhere (including all games even series x games show the new gamertag but in parties/chat, on the homescreen, in the xbox app, and in the system menus show the old one.
  6. MXR Alpha Elite Win User

recording in party

To be able to record party chat audio you will need an Elgato or anything external capture card as that will capture any audio on your Xbox (Party, Game, All audio)
Thema:

1. Capture Game Chat or Party Chat on Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - Capture Game Chat

2. Adding Voice Chat to Game captures

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Adding Voice Chat to Game captures: Hopefully any devs can answer me this why hasn't there been a update yet that when I capture game footage It doesn't record my voice from my Mic,I feel this is a important requirement to recording...
  3. Game And Party Chat Don't Come Through Capture Card To PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Game And Party Chat Don't Come Through Capture Card To PC: The latest xbox update messed things up for console streamers, like myself. Since the update 2 weeks ago, I am not longer able to bring party or game chat through xbox to elgato capture card to...
  4. Capture In Game Chat (Xbox)

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Capture In Game Chat (Xbox): I would like to record in game chat on my captures but I can only hear my voice when playing the capture back. This is specific to Call of Duty and my friends play on PlayStation. When they do...
  5. Capturing game chat in video captures

in XBoX on Consoles
    Capturing game chat in video captures: When will you guys have a built in feature where it records your voice and gamechat as well as party chat, when recording clips? I would really like to see this feature come out and i know alot of...
  6. Game chat via capture card

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game chat via capture card: So I record my gameplay and stream my gameplay via obs with a capture card. Why hasn't Xbox added a feature to put have chat through the tv not just party chat. It's incredibly frustrating....
  7. Xbox omega update changed ability to capture game chat audio on twitch!

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox omega update changed ability to capture game chat audio on twitch!: I am a twitch streamer on the Series X. For a long time, my game chat audio was included in my twitch stream without a capture card or having to be in an Xbox party... however, a few days ago this...
  8. Recording Game Chat through Xbox Capture

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recording Game Chat through Xbox Capture: Hi all, I was wondering if there was any way to record game chat from games such as cod and fortnite through the xbox capture? To clarify, I mean while not in an xbox party, just in game chat...
  9. External Capture Card and Xbox Game/Party Chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    External Capture Card and Xbox Game/Party Chat: I purchased an external capture card that connects via HDMI between my Xbox One X and my screen. I also have a wireless headset that uses Xbox Connect to connect to the console. Due to this my...
  10. How to capture party chat audio in game capture?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to capture party chat audio in game capture?: Hi, Is there a way to capture the party chat audio on a Xbox series x when recording a video using game capture? I see that the windows 10 has a setting to capture mic audio but I cannot see...