Capture Screenshot failing to work on Xbox One

Discus and support Capture Screenshot failing to work on Xbox One in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have an original model Xbox One, purchased it in 2016, the capture screenshot ability was working up until a week ago, thought it was a bug due to a... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SonsySpice18650, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Capture Screenshot failing to work on Xbox One

I have an original model Xbox One, purchased it in 2016, the capture screenshot ability was working up until a week ago, thought it was a bug due to a recent update, and decided to wait a bit and nothing. I've tried just about everything. Power cycling,
    clearing cache, checking capture/broadcast settings, deleting all previous captures and it still will not work. Hitting the Xbox button, going to Broadcast/Capture and selecting Capture does not work and hitting Xbox button and hitting Y to take a screenshot
    does not work either as the latter option just exits out of the home screen and gameplay resumes.

I've searched this problem and any solution there was did not work for me. I have seen other people this month August 2019 have this same issue. If you had this issue, what happened? Did you fix it?

:)

SonsySpice18650, Aug 19, 2019
  2. napalm 31337 Win User

Hi, you can search for insider hub app, in this way, also if you don't update to an insider build of the dashboard, you have option to report the problem to engineers. Replicate the problem, hold the Xbox logo button on your pad and select the option to
    report the problem, remember to attach screenshot and/or video, and fill the form with a complete description of the issue.

You can also joing preview program and try an advanced (but instable) dashboard builds, the lowest tier is stable enough for a daily use without problem and you can check if a different dashboard build fix the problem.
  3. Golden Subz Win User

4. XBF Chris J Win User

Xbox game DVR on windows 10. Can I upload captures that were caught from 3rd party software?

Hello Smith,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. I do not believe that this is supported. When you capture screenshots using the Game DVR / Bar, the name of the game and the "creator" of the file are added in automatically. This needs to be there labeled correctly for
    the share process to go through without error.

Just in case this helps, here is a link for capturing screenshots and uploading them :

Record and capture Xbox One game clips and screenshots

Hope this helps!
  5. XBF Erick C Win User

Use webcam on game capture?

Hey there jmonk,

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Forums. When you capture game clips on your Xbox One it starts to record automatically on screen. There would be no way to utilize a webcam to capture game clips.

Go ahead and take a look at the following support article for helpful information on

Recording and capturing Xbox One game clips and screenshots

I hope this helps.
  6. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Cannot take screenshots

Can you elaborate what method you are using to try and take screenshots?

When ingame do you press the Nexus button to bring up the Home Guide, then move to the right to Capture and share, then Capture>Capture a screenshot?

Capture game clips and screenshots provides support for this feature.

If you have a lot of clips on your console you may want to upload them to XBox Live so you can delete some of them from the console.

There is only a finite space for clips and shots stored on the console.
Thema:

1. Capture Screenshot failing to work on Xbox One - Similar Threads - Capture Screenshot failing

2. Xbox Captures/Screenshots stored on Xbox no longer showing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Captures/Screenshots stored on Xbox no longer showing.: I had a bunch of screenshots from various games stored on my xbox, they were not loaded on Xbox Live or OneDrive. Now when I go to Captures I can only see the three I took in the past week and...
  3. How to access and download all my captures from Xbox One? Screenshots and videos.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to access and download all my captures from Xbox One? Screenshots and videos.: I have taken many, possibly thousands of screenshots in many different games in the past 3-4 years on my old Xbox One and my Xbox One X because I love virtual photography. They are all backed up...
  4. Unable to capture screenshots or game clips

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to capture screenshots or game clips: So, I'm having trouble capturing screenshots/game clips on an Xbox One X. The menu tab doesn't physically give me the option to press X or Y to take a capture. The thing is that it was working...
  5. Capture d'écran sur Windows 10 [Translation - Screenshot on Windows 10]

in XBoX on Windows
    Capture d'écran sur Windows 10 [Translation - Screenshot on Windows 10]: Bonjour, Bonsoir, Donc je vous présente mon problème. J'essaye de faire des capture Vidéos de mon écran et donc j'utilise l'outil proposé par Windows 10, Je fait donc Windows+G et ça me met la...
  6. My Clips and Screenshots are gone from Game Capture on Xbox One!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Clips and Screenshots are gone from Game Capture on Xbox One!: What happened to all my Game Clips and Screenshots? They are all gone now. Also, my Activity Feed is wiped out. a029deba-29eb-461f-aa16-31afd51a1886
  7. i cant/don't know how to take a capture or a screenshot

in XBoX on Consoles
    i cant/don't know how to take a capture or a screenshot: I don't know how to take a capture or a screenshot it says to tap the xbox button twice yhen press Y and it will save it but nothing happens 0ac13f4f-d1d3-4396-abe6-02f5ea7fc149
  8. In my captures, there aren't any screenshots or clips. In manage, they are there but i can't ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    In my captures, there aren't any screenshots or clips. In manage, they are there but i can't ...: If I go to my captures on my profile, there aren't any screenshots or clips. When I go to manage my screenshots and clips, they are all there but I cannot share them to anyone or my clubs. I don't...
  9. Can't Save or Share Captures/Screenshots on my Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Save or Share Captures/Screenshots on my Xbox One: Can't Save or Share Captures/Screenshots on my Xbox One, when I press "Start" on a video or screenshot I've made, the only options I have are "Set Background, Delete, Help, and Switch User". If I...
  10. Game Capture - screenshot save issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Capture - screenshot save issue: Hi, I'm posting about the screenshot feature on Xbox One, relating to an issue I'm having with saving my screenshots - the console refuses to save half of them and tells me 'sorry' - but also in...