Capture (Take Screenshot / Start Recording) options disabled in XBox Game Bar after...

Discus and support Capture (Take Screenshot / Start Recording) options disabled in XBox Game Bar after... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Computer Configuration Lenovo Legion Y740, Intel core i7 9750H, 17.3" 144Hz GSync, RTX 2080MQ, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Windows 11 Home 21H2 (Build... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Legendaddy, Nov 8, 2021.

1. Legendaddy
    Legendaddy Guest

Capture (Take Screenshot / Start Recording) options disabled in XBox Game Bar after...

Computer Configuration

Lenovo Legion Y740, Intel core i7 9750H, 17.3" 144Hz GSync, RTX 2080MQ, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Windows 11 Home 21H2 (Build 22000.258)

Xbox Game Bar Version: 5.721.9022.0

Broadcast Plugin Version: 1.54.4001.0

KGL Version Loaded: 2090

KGL Service Version: 2090

KGL Last Check: 2021-10-19T01:39:53

OneSettings Last Check: 2021-10-19T01:39:53

KGL Location Encrypted: No

(p.s. - my system had official support for upgrade to Windows 11. It's not "unsupported".)

Problem

While playing any game, when I press windows + G on the keyboard or the big X button on xbox controller, the xbox game bar overlay pops up; but all the capture options are disabled in it. I can't capture a screenshot or record a video from it. Pressing the shortcut keys (win + alt + r OR win + alt + g) also doesn't work. This used to work fine in Windows 10.

Capture (Take Screenshot / Start Recording) options disabled in XBox Game Bar after... [​IMG]

Troubleshoot Done so far

1. Verified that all gaming and capture related options are enabled in Windows settings.
    2. Reset and repaired xbox game bar from windows settings > apps.
    3. Uninstalled xbox game bar and xbox app via PowerShell admin window and reinstalled them.
    4. Verified that no windows update / app update / driver update is pending.
    Screenshots

Capture (Take Screenshot / Start Recording) options disabled in XBox Game Bar after... [​IMG]

Looking for

Any help enabling the capture options again, so that I can take screenshots and record videos while playing games. Thanks for reading and any possible guidance.

:)

Legendaddy, Nov 8, 2021
  2. Nursemorph Win User

I'm trying to take ss and record clips but it dosen't get saved anywhere, i looked into my capture folder and its empty

Do I take it this is the path where you are looking:

"To find your game clips and screenshots, select the Start button, then go to Settings > Gaming > Captures and select Open folder."

Try opening Game Bar (Win+G) and then click on the Capture icon (the little camera picture)...does it show anything if you click on "show all captures"

How are you recording video/taking screenshots? Are you using Game Bar or something else?
  3. Fos Win User

Red Banner for Xbox Keyboard Shortcuts

To disable Game Bar:

1. Right-click the Start button.
    2. Click Settings.
    3. Click Game Bar
    4. Click the switch below Record game clips. Screenshots, and broadcast using Game Bar so that it turns Off.
  4. XBF Erick C Win User

Use webcam on game capture?

Hey there jmonk,

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Forums. When you capture game clips on your Xbox One it starts to record automatically on screen. There would be no way to utilize a webcam to capture game clips.

Go ahead and take a look at the following support article for helpful information on

Recording and capturing Xbox One game clips and screenshots

I hope this helps.
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

Xbox Game Bar - windows 10

Hi there Mat,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an inquiry on the Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10. The game bar will only capture game clips and screenshots. For more information on the Xbox Game Bar, I recommend to check out the following
    article:
    Use Xbox Game Bar to capture game clips and screenshots on Windows 10

Hope this helps.
  6. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Xbox Game Bar to record

If you're referring to the Xbox Game Bar on PC, it saves to your hard drive as default. If you go to the Settings app on your PC, click on 'Gaming', and then on the side bar, click on 'Captures'. That will show you where the Xbox Game Bar recordings and
    screenshots are stored.
Thema:

1. Capture (Take Screenshot / Start Recording) options disabled in XBox Game Bar after... - Similar Threads - Capture Screenshot Start

2. Xbox Private Messages - My friends can't see my screenshots or video capture. It's been 2...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Xbox Private Messages - My friends can't see my screenshots or video capture. It's been 2...: Hello, Whenever I share a screenshot that has been downloaded to my Xbox Live online storage (for screenshots and videos) to a friend in a Private Message, they cannot see the screenshot. It...
  3. All screenshots and captures are gone after update !

in XboX Insiders
    All screenshots and captures are gone after update !: My console update on the 16th and now all my captures/screenshots from before that date are gone. My games are still there. Are they gone completely? submitted by /u/impeccableONE [link]...
  4. Xbox Series X HDR very dark in screenshots and video capture

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X HDR very dark in screenshots and video capture: Hi all, I’m running Series X with an LG OLED HDR tv but since changing , all my screenshots and video captures are coming out a lot darker than before. I’ve calibrated and checked all the...
  5. Screenshots and Captures Disappeared from my XBOX ONE.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screenshots and Captures Disappeared from my XBOX ONE.: Hello there! Issue: I didn’t touched my console for more than 100 days and just realized that most of my screenshots and captures just disappeared from my XBOX ONE. Question: Is this...
  6. Screenshot game capture broken with Dolby vision gaming

in XboX Insiders
    Screenshot game capture broken with Dolby vision gaming: I was trying to do a comparison with Dolby vision and HDR nothing serious. When I screenshot the Dolby vision it gets blown out in white making it unusable. Thought I would post to help this get...
  7. X Cloud iOS beta captures and screenshot sharing

in XboX Insiders
    X Cloud iOS beta captures and screenshot sharing: Are we allowed to share screenshots / captures of the xCloud previews/betas? submitted by /u/AshlandReaver [link] [comments]
  8. AS-A(2108.210309-1900) Wiped all my captures and screenshots

in XboX Insiders
    AS-A(2108.210309-1900) Wiped all my captures and screenshots: As said, all the video captures and screenshots on my X1X are like wiped out, could it be a database problem and there's a way to fix it? Are they deleted/gone forever? Someone got the same...
  9. Capturing Video or Screenshot causes game audio and video to stutter on Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Capturing Video or Screenshot causes game audio and video to stutter on Xbox Series X: When I capture a screenshot or video while playing a game, the game video and audio stutter very badly while the screenshot or video is captured and the message comes on the screen saying the item...
  10. Screenshots captured on Xbox One unable to be uploaded to Xbox Live or shared to activity feed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Screenshots captured on Xbox One unable to be uploaded to Xbox Live or shared to activity feed: This has been a problem for me for the past few days, and it is annoying me greatly. When I take a screenshot while playing a game, it uploads to Xbox Live perfectly fine, but once I check my...