Captures Folder Not working on Windows 10

Discus and support Captures Folder Not working on Windows 10 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I just recently hit a problem with saving my captures. The folder is still in the videos folder (where it's always been) but the app will only save it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by KatMM, Oct 27, 2020.

1. KatMM
    KatMM Guest

I just recently hit a problem with saving my captures. The folder is still in the videos folder (where it's always been) but the app will only save it to the USER > AppData>Local> temp

The app can't show me the videos within the folder, so I have to manually find it.

Any ideas?

:)

KatMM, Oct 27, 2020
  2. FacultyManBruce Win User

Can't Change Game Capture Location

3. Paul Bab Win User

Game DVR always saves on C: even if i move the folder

Hi,

To see where your captures are saved, open the Xbox App, select Settings, and then select Game DVR. Under Saving captures, select Open folder to see your captures in File Explorer.

By default, game clips and screenshots are saved in your Videos folder, in a folder named
    Captures. This can be moved to different places on your PC, including elsewhere on your hard drive or to external drives. Your Windows 10 PC saves the default storage to where the Captures folder is created.

For more information, feel free to visit this
    link

Regards.
  4. KARmA NEPAL Win User

Windows Game DVR

please read this article

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-game-dvr-captures-folder-location-windows-10
  5. Ariel Acu Win User

Game dvr not saving clips?

Hi TriedBasket635,

By default, the video clips that you captured are saved to the Captures folder which is located in the Videos folder. Regarding your concern, it is possible that the video clips weren't captured successfully that's why it doesn't show up on the Captures
    folder. Can you tell us if you're getting the same issue if you record another game clips on your game? Also, is your Windows 10 updated?
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Unable to share external HD captures on Xbox Live

What you need to do is copy your captures to the captures folder on Windows 10, should be in your videos folder. Then launch the Xbox app, select captures, then select this pc, and your captures should be listed, select the capture you want to upload, and
    give it a name, and choose the game it's for, and select upload. Once it is uploaded it will take a few hours to go on the xbox live feed.
Thema:

1. Captures Folder Not working on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Captures Folder working

2. Game Bar default captures folder is not present...

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Bar default captures folder is not present...: With a fresh install of Win 10 on my Surface Tablet, I cannot find the "Captures" folder that is in the "Temp" directory. How do I reset the folders preferences... and please dont tell me to use...
  3. oops I lost my Captures folder, ill just make a new one. "oh wait I CANT!!!!"

in XBoX on Windows
    oops I lost my Captures folder, ill just make a new one. "oh wait I CANT!!!!": so the other day I saw this folder called "Captures". I looked it up and found that it was were all my Xbox game bar vids went, I also saw I could move it, so being the "dumb kid" that I am I...
  4. My captures folder doesn't exist.

in XBoX on Windows
    My captures folder doesn't exist.: I am trying to select a new location for the captures folder but the problem is that it doesn't seen to exist. I open the game menu in settings and select open folder it takes me to...
  5. Xbox game bar captures folder does not work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox game bar captures folder does not work: Hi, I had my captures folder on a external disk and this one was broken. Problem now is I can change captures folder because Xbox game bar app says there is a problem trying to get the captures....
  6. How do I get back my Captures folder?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I get back my Captures folder?: I wanted to save my game bar videos on my HDD instead of my SSD, but I messed up and now I don't have a Captures folder in my Videos folder, which means that all videos recorded with the game bar...
  7. No Xbox Gamebar Capture Folder

in XBoX on Windows
    No Xbox Gamebar Capture Folder: Hello, I'm trying (and failing) to setup Xbox Gamebar on my PC. The help file said to move the captures folder to change the saving location, which I did, to D:\Captures. (Larger HDD) However...
  8. Xbox无法建立捕获的文件夹[Translation-Xbox can't create captured folders]

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox无法建立捕获的文件夹[Translation-Xbox can't create captured folders]: 原来的捕获的文件夹被 除了,现在 论怎么做,录制的视频都在c盘的临时文件夹,在其他地方创建的捕获文件夹都不能收录到视频 [Translation-The original captured folder was deleted, and now no matter what you do, the recorded video is in the temporary folder of...
  9. I can't change the Xbox Game Bar Capture Save folder anymore

in XBoX on Windows
    I can't change the Xbox Game Bar Capture Save folder anymore: Hi guys! I like Game bar a lot. Because it's so easy to use and cause no problem I've heard from internet source. Whatever, now I got a trouble to shoot :( Recently I changed the Capture save...
  10. Game Bar Captures Folder Missing

in XBoX on Windows
    Game Bar Captures Folder Missing: I did that trick where you redirect the default captures folder to another drive, and now the captures folder is straight up gone. "Save screenshots and game clips in:...