Captures in 4k SDR are really dark and have now sound

Discus and support Captures in 4k SDR are really dark and have now sound in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Just wanted to let you know that any clip captured in 4k SDR is way to dark and have no sound (much the same as 4k HDR having no sound aswell) 1080p is... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/morpheus2n2, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Captures in 4k SDR are really dark and have now sound

Just wanted to let you know that any clip captured in 4k SDR is way to dark and have no sound (much the same as 4k HDR having no sound aswell) 1080p is very much hit or miss most of the time it has sound but not all the time!!

submitted by /u/morpheus2n2
    [link] [comments]

/u/morpheus2n2, Feb 28, 2021
  2. darkist1 Win User

Xbox One X 4K Capturing Is Broken

IGN does have a really good walk through on how to make sure your 4k capture is set up, but perhaps have a look at the different saving locations? it could possibly be saving to another destination that you're unaware of. But also, be aware, that 4k videos,
    even SDR and 30 seconds long, can be larger than you'd expect.

capture 4k on xbox one x

The capturing was a problem for a while on the one dashboard, so hopefully its fixed for you now.
  3. Wactical Tank Win User

Game Capture Issues

I know the problem exists in both 4K SDR and HDR. I haven't experimented with 1080 capture and probably wont use it as it doesnt look good and captures at 30fps which is also weird.
  4. El Matadurr Win User

Xbox One X 4K Recording

Are you recording to internal or external storage? The latest forced Delta ring update (same update as Omega currently) on June 2 broke 4k capture again for me, SDR and HDR.
  5. MobileRez Win User

Xbox One X 4k to External drive records 1080P instead

thanks I saw that QUEENMISFITS. however that's the post i used to get to where I am now. it did not solve the issue for me that I am facing and in that article it states

"On the Broadcast & capture screen, select "Game clip resolution" then select 4K SDR, or 4K HDR. 4K SDR will record videos in a standard colorspace, while 4K HDR will record them in High Dynamic Range,
    making them viewable in full detail only by those with HDR-compatible TVs."

So it explains a little about the difference between 4K SHD and UHD color space but not why the saved file is coming out as 1080p when my settings are clearly set to 4k.
  6. El Matadurr Win User

Xbox one X 4K Capture not working after last update

Hey, you're not alone. I'm in the insider preview OS program, and this problem was fixed in a late-May update. Then it was broken again in a June 2 or 3 update (mandatory). The public version of the OS also is still broken for 4k HDR/SDR capture, so we're
    stuck in the water here.

Best info I have for you is "they're aware of the issue and are investigating". But it really sucks because there's no other way to get decent 4k footage without paying for a $400 buggy capture card. A recent alpha skip-ahead update reportedly fixed the
    issue, but I haven't been able to contact any on the subreddit that got ahold of that update to confirm.

The 1080p/30fps SDR is garbage, with a terrible bitrate and subpar HDR->SDR conversion. All I can suggest is to get in the insider program through the hub and hope that you can get an update that fixes it.
Thema:

Captures in 4k SDR are really dark and have now sound

1. Captures in 4k SDR are really dark and have now sound - Similar Threads - Captures SDR are

2. Xbox Game Bar Captures

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar Captures: I have a simple problem. Whenever I record using the Xbox game bar, the finished recording has glitched audio. Say I recorded Minecraft Dungeons, the resolution is fine, but the audio is all...
  3. No audio on Xbox Series X game captures?

in XboX Insiders
    No audio on Xbox Series X game captures?: In the Delta group, system set to output DTS Digital Surround via Bitstream, my recent captures in Overwatch and Apex Legends have no sound at all. There shouldn't be any copyrighted music or...
  4. The majority of Game Captures missing

in XBoX on Consoles
    The majority of Game Captures missing: So I play on two different Xbox One's at two different locations, an Xbox One launch edition, and an Xbox one S, and each console has whatever clips I captured on that specific console. On my Xbox...
  5. Captures vanished

in XBoX on Consoles
    Captures vanished: I have an Xbox serie X, my Hdrive is 10% full - this morning I realized that my hard drive gallery was almost empty : all captures from before yesterday has vanished. Some were old, but shared on...
  6. Can't find my game captures on Xbox one profile

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't find my game captures on Xbox one profile: I have a sinking feeling this might be a shot in the dark but I have to try because this has really been upsetting me. My Xbox One died over a year ago and I had given up on trying to fix it (it...
  7. Xbox One captures

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One captures: Is it possible to view Xbox Captures on PC via Xbox.com? bfc21980-3dd9-4d30-b42f-a88dd91f7422
  8. All 4K HDR captures are rendering 4K SDR on Series X

in XboX Insiders
    All 4K HDR captures are rendering 4K SDR on Series X: I think this was working fine up until late December... I've tried changing the capture location to Internal then back to my 3.0 external flash drive. I captured 14 minutes of Hitman 3 with...
  9. Xbox one x 4k Hdr/Sdr capturing no more :(

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x 4k Hdr/Sdr capturing no more :(: Since my xbox one x got update, it's not capturing any 4k video there are still options are available for 4k Hdr and 4k Sdr, if I select those option and try to capture 30sec. Video or upto 60mins...
  10. 4K SDR/HDR Game Captures

in XBoX on Consoles
    4K SDR/HDR Game Captures: Greetings all, I finally changed my capture settings from 1080p SDR at 2 minute recording lengths to 4K HDR 30 second recording lengths. I have tried to record 30 second length game captures in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox series x dark captures