Captures in Series X Not Working

Discus and support Captures in Series X Not Working in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi All, Since the May update for the Series X the captures stopped working as they did before, now when trying to record a clip using the share button... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SaulFigueroa, Sep 15, 2021.

1. SaulFigueroa
    SaulFigueroa Guest

Hi All,

Since the May update for the Series X the captures stopped working as they did before, now when trying to record a clip using the share button or the guide shortcut happens 2 things:

1. The dashboard says the capture is recorded, but when you go to the recent captures there is nothing recorded

2. When a capture can be recorded the videos looks corrupted or with artifacts, below are 2 examples:

• https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/saulrainier/video/143656141
    • https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/saulrainier/video/143335115
    I already tried power cycling the console, deleting old captures from xbox network, changed the capture settings but still having the same issues, I even enrolled to the insiders program to get a new update to check if the issue is solved but no, the captures are not being recorded as before.

Has anyone faced this issue with the captures?

:)

SaulFigueroa, Sep 15, 2021
  2. XBF Houmaidi O Win User

Hello @SaulFigueroa!

Since you have already tried power cycling your condole and deleting the old captures, I would suggest preforming the following steps then try again.

Clear Mac address: Settings > Network Settings > Advanced Settings > Alternate Mac Address > Clear it and the console should restart.

Clear the local saved games :Settings -> System -> Clear local saved games -> restart.

Reset your console, Select System > Settings > System > Console info > Select Reset console > Choose Reset and keep my games and apps.

Note =>The "Reset and Keep my Games and Apps" option will not cause losing your games, but please be aware that you need to be completely aware of the email address as well as the password of your account before going for it because it will require you to sign in to the account.

Please give it a try and let us know how it goes!

I hope that this helps you out!
  3. julosjc Win User

Upload Studio/Video Editor

with the capture button putting emphasis on sharing in series X, let's hope they step up their game
  4. KyleHolt1 Win User

Is there something wrong with the long-form recording option in my Xbox One X? Unable to reliably record for longer periods.

I have a very, very fast Samsung ssd. It was 200 bucks i think last year for 1 tb. Same issue with xbox one x. I only capture in 4k hdr. Beyond that its pointless. So now, i don't capture. Xbox series x..... come on down!
  5. PillsburyDoughBot Win User

Series X Game Capture

I have a slightly similar issue.

Im on a Series S and at one point i had over 100 clips. now i can only have about 20 at a time and even after the "ask a gamer" chat and my own troubleshooting nothing has helped. I have 175 gb free and i only own 9 games (all of which are less than 10-15 GB each excluding siege and forza horizon 4). I was told this system is "made like this" so it saves room for updates and the only solution would be to export them and make room.

I just want to understand why 2 months ago i could have soo many clips while now it won't let me do anything without deleting multiple captures.
  6. RickardNordendorph Win User

Final Fantasy **** all but confirmed for Xbox 360

Final Fantasy X captured me for the series, getting that in HD for Xbox and I wont have any issues deciding on the future gen, adding the kingdom heart games and I'd be set for life!
Thema:

1. Captures in Series X Not Working - Similar Threads - Captures Series Working

2. XBOX SERIES X WON'T UPLOAD CAPTURES

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX SERIES X WON'T UPLOAD CAPTURES: I suddenly can't upload anything to the xbox network. When I try to upload a capture, it goes through and even says screenshot successfully uploaded to the xbox network but it's not there. Can't...
  3. Capture clip and watch it on xbox series x from short list

in XboX Insiders
    Capture clip and watch it on xbox series x from short list: So guys im new to xbox and i have a series x I don't know if that problem or its normal thing when I capture a clip and want to watch it from the short list it appear something called buffering...
  4. Series X Game Capture

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X Game Capture: Hello all, Just giving this a shot to see if anyone else is having the same issue and any possible fixes, I record game captures via an external WD 500GB hard drive, (I used to use this for my...
  5. Xbox Series X Deletes Captures if Device is Turned off Before Upload is Completed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Deletes Captures if Device is Turned off Before Upload is Completed: I have noticed an issue on the Series X where any captures that have not been uploaded to the Xbox network are lost/deleted if the console is turned off before the upload to the Xbox network is...
  6. X box series x capture won't upload on WhatsApp

in XBoX on Mobile
    X box series x capture won't upload on WhatsApp: Hello! I have been trying to upload clips of Warzone to WhatsApp but each clip starts uploading then half way through it stops and I get a message "can't send this video. Choose a different...
  7. Xbox Series X No Game Capture Audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X No Game Capture Audio: How come when I record game clips from my Xbox Series X there is no game audio? This happens specifically in all Series X Optimized sport games like NBA 2K21 Next Gen, Fifa 21 Next Gen, and MLB 21...
  8. captures on my series s arnt working properly

in XboX Insiders
    captures on my series s arnt working properly: I've not long had the series s and I've noticed my captures are not working properly. Sometimes they are really dark but mostly they seem to brake up or have a glitch affect. I use my captures a...
  9. Mic sound not working on xbox series x clips and captures

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mic sound not working on xbox series x clips and captures: Hey all, I recently got my xbox series x and have found that if I am talking through my mic and clip it, no sound of my voice will come through. I use an astro wireless headset but It works...
  10. XBOX SERIES X - Capture audio not being captured & Report a Problem not working

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX SERIES X - Capture audio not being captured & Report a Problem not working: I have a Day 1 Xbox Series X, my capture settings are set to 4K HDR/30 Seconds. On 4 of 5 of my most recent captures, there is no audio accompanied with them. I am currently typing this up as...