Captures not uploading in 4K HDR

Discus and support Captures not uploading in 4K HDR in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Ive been taking in game screen shots for twitter and when i view them they are 4k hdr but when i save them to my phone through the app they appear to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SimplyRuby, Jul 1, 2020.

1. SimplyRuby
    SimplyRuby Guest

Ive been taking in game screen shots for twitter and when i view them they are 4k hdr but when i save them to my phone through the app they appear to be sdr can anyone help?

:)

SimplyRuby, Jul 1, 2020
  2. HyperVenom523 Win User

Captures on external harddrive

I use a capture card because of this and another problem I encountered is that if you capture 4k HDR videos on external when you upload them to Youtube only the 4k aspect of it uploads but not the HDR and the video ends up looking weird
  3. Anghellic Karma Win User

Captures on external harddrive

I use a capture card because of this and another problem I encountered is that if you capture 4k HDR videos on external when you upload them to Youtube only the 4k aspect of it uploads but not the HDR and the video ends up looking weird

Yeah, it's apparently difficult to capture HDR for YouTube. I also get a warning when streaming my gameplay to YouTube that HDR will not be streamed and so it may look different. And that goes for both major consoles even, so it's not limited to just the
    Xbox infrastructure.

I'm not a technical person (to that level), so I'm not sure of the underlying issue that causes that; whether it's something on YouTube's end, or something specific to HDR as a technical component of media.
  4. harleydixied Win User

While it will show in 4k via the console, when it is downloaded, it can only show what is supported by the device it is being ahown on, most phones do not suppoet 4k hdr. Aswell as it is waved to a cloud network, so whem shared it will auto adjust its resolution
    to make its its packet smaller. As of right now sadly xbox doesnt seem to support the 4k hdr share system.
  5. SimplyRuby Win User

I have the xbox one x with a 4k tv it does take the 4k hdr pictures its just when they upload to my phone or twitter it looks like the sdr version and not 4k hdr
  6. Deuce 77 Win User

Your mobile device may not be in 4k.
Thema:

1. Captures not uploading in 4K HDR - Similar Threads - Captures uploading HDR

2. Xbox console companion crashes when i try and upload my captures

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox console companion crashes when i try and upload my captures: I've been trying to upload some clips i took with the Xbox game bar of Forza Horizion 4 with my friends, however while uploading the clips the Xbox console companion app crashes at 98%. Is there a...
  3. Can't upload game captures to Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't upload game captures to Xbox live: I can't upload any game captures to xbox live, it keep glitching and saying that it did upload, but it didn't actually upload. I also can't send messages to friends. Is anyone else having these...
  4. unable to upload captures of some games on xbox companion app win 10

in XBoX on Windows
    unable to upload captures of some games on xbox companion app win 10: i can upload captures normally for most of the games i have but there are some games that the xbox companion app doesn't upload, like Mass Effect 1 and Resident Evil 1 HD Remaster, using the xbox...
  5. Can't upload gamebar screen captures with ":" (colon) in title of game

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't upload gamebar screen captures with ":" (colon) in title of game: As we all know, Microsoft does not allow for the use of ":" (colons) in the naming convention of files. However, some games have them in their titles and this will prevent you from uploading your...
  6. Game Captures uploaded to Xbox Live always say “Sorry this can not be shared right now”

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game Captures uploaded to Xbox Live always say “Sorry this can not be shared right now”: When i make any game clips or screenshots, i try to upload them to xbox live or one drive to access. The captures always pop up with the same message saying they cant be shared/accessed and or...
  7. Uploading captures to xbox live from PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Uploading captures to xbox live from PC: Hi, it seems to be a common problem but i can’t upload my captures from pc to xbox live from the console companion app. Ive had success in the past with smaller clips but i would like to upload 1...
  8. Uploading VALORANT game captures on xbox app Windows 10 PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Uploading VALORANT game captures on xbox app Windows 10 PC: Hi recently I found out my friends are able to capture game clips and videos using Windows 10 Xbox App, it is able to show him play a certain PC game on the Xbox Live friend list, also able to...
  9. Xbox companion app not uploading video captures to xbox live

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox companion app not uploading video captures to xbox live: Hey guys, so when i try to upload a game clip from my Windows PC through the xbox console companion app, it gets as far as 98% download and then the app just completely shuts down, a flash of a...
  10. Fix 4K HDR capture upload from PC

in XboX Insiders
    Fix 4K HDR capture upload from PC: Capture upload is a frustration. My capture quality 4K HDR to external USB. I use external USB because my primary game SSD is 500GB only. Ok. Capture several clips. Upload is not possible. Why?!...