Captures on external harddrive

Discus and support Captures on external harddrive in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Why in gods name would captures have an expiry date on an external harddrive , I've thought my clips were safe for the last 6 months and they have the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Madjin-3B856374-0E16-4154, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Captures on external harddrive

Why in gods name would captures have an expiry date on an external harddrive , I've thought my clips were safe for the last 6 months and they have the same expiry as they do on internal harddrive, this is by far the most point less addition to xbox and
    now I've lost a load of good clips because of it , there was no mention of this in the page for external harddrive captures ..

I'm constantly impressed by the stupidity of game related developments these days

:)

Madjin-3B856374-0E16-4154, Oct 23, 2019
  2. SinistralSpark8 Win User

So this really happens? Sorry to hear that, I think this is a bad decision from MS.
  3. Madjin-3B856374-0E16 Win User

Well, I cant have done that while they were being stored on the external,

I used to do that but then my onedrive got full same as my live storage, and the upload process is terribly clunky and I'm never sure if everything uploaded properly , I thought the external harddrive was a great feature until I found out all my clips expired.

Tbh its completely absurd , I can see why they would implement a feature to stop internal hardrive space being consumed , but an external that doesnt have any use other than media there is no reason for that and no reason for an expiry
  4. Madjin-3B856374-0E16 Win User

I probably would have flipped my s*** if I hadn't been used to it already, for the past couple of years I've just been over writing all my clips cause my love storage is full, but having bought a 4tb specifically for them I'm disappointed the clear situation
    of wanting to long term store a large amount of clips seems to have been completely overlooked
  5. Alucario Ultra Win User

I were about buy a 16gb usb for games recording, and in some way, you have saved me. I´ll be carefull while recording play time.
  6. Ash of Snow Win User

I completely understand you, iv'e lost probably half of my clips and i cant find the ones that i was going to cut to make some highlights, i threw a little fit when i found out but hopefully they can fix it in the future
Thema:

1. Captures on external harddrive - Similar Threads - Captures external harddrive

2. Xbox one not letting me choose my external NTFS drive as a capture location

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one not letting me choose my external NTFS drive as a capture location: Got an external drive formatted to NTFS to record gameplay, but my xbox one isn't allowing me to choose it as a capture location. When I plug it in the xbox pops up with [external media storage...
  3. Capturing Game Clips to External Drive Requires NTFS Format Question

in XBoX on Consoles
    Capturing Game Clips to External Drive Requires NTFS Format Question: Hello everyone, I'm trying to capture extended game clips to an external hard drive. When I connect it and change the save location in settings it gives me the option of Internal or EFI. I'm...
  4. All game captures stored on external drive disappeared

in XBoX on Consoles
    All game captures stored on external drive disappeared: All of my game captures that were stored on an external drive are just gone? Why? What happened? They all just magically vanished. A years worth of captutes gone. All my games that are downloaded...
  5. Unable to share external HD captures on Xbox Live

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to share external HD captures on Xbox Live: Hi Everyone, I have chosen to make my game captures on Xbox One via an external USB drive - the game footage captures perfectly and from my PC I can share to OneDrive with no problems. How do I...
  6. Added External Drive, can I transfer captures that are on Internal, if so how?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Added External Drive, can I transfer captures that are on Internal, if so how?: Hello, I just hooked up a 4T external HD to my Xbox One X. Once it was ready I launched, it told me I needed to DL a media viewer from THE store, so I did, and since I wasn't asked where to...
  7. should add a part where you can move captures from the internal HDD to a external media HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    should add a part where you can move captures from the internal HDD to a external media HDD: can you add a part where you can copy/move captures from internal HDD to an external media HDD. 980d45b4-5962-493c-9ab7-97446a0ecf76
  8. X1X Game DVR 4K with External HDD capture....How to edit that content?

in XBoX on Consoles
    X1X Game DVR 4K with External HDD capture....How to edit that content?: I can capture up to 1hr worth of content in 4k onto an external HDD. Very cool, but you cannot view this or edit it on a separate PC. If we have to convert the file from what I'm sure is h.265...
  9. Game Capture to External Drive DOESN'T WORK??

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Capture to External Drive DOESN'T WORK??: Hi all, So this 'Fall Update' is supposed to allow us to record gameplay straight to an external hard drive, providing it's formatted NTFS and at least USB 3.0. I'm using a drive that is both of...
  10. External hard drive won't capture game clips? [FALL UPDATE]

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive won't capture game clips? [FALL UPDATE]: I updated my Xbox One S recently for the Fall update, and it said that you can now capture game clips directly onto an external hard drive. That's a great idea... if it would actually work. I'm...