Captures

Discus and support Captures in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, i have my xbox one x set to record for 30s at 1080p (was hoping reducing quality would help) but it clips super short. Usually 3-6 seconds. Ive... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Nuke71, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Nuke71
    Nuke71 Guest

Captures

Hello, i have my xbox one x set to record for 30s at 1080p (was hoping reducing quality would help) but it clips super short. Usually 3-6 seconds. Ive tried everything. Any ideas?

:)

Nuke71, Sep 22, 2020
  2. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

Cannot take screenshots

Try going into Settings, Preferences, and then Capture & Share.

From there check to see if under Capture in the first block that says, "Allow game captures", and see if it either shows: "Captures by me or games" or "Capture by me."

If it says, "Don't capture", then change it to either one of the other two options.
  3. WinterSolstice Win User

Captures stored ON my Xbox disappeared

It's not related to the update.

The Xbox console has only a limited amount of reserved space for captures, so if that limit is reached, new captures will "push out" older captures.

If you wish to keep certain captures permanently, you need to use Upload Studio to upload your captures to OneDrive for example.
    Then why is it that when i went to look at the recent captures that ive made over the last few days, the only captures i have were from over a year ago?? Where are all of my recent captures? Even the captures i had posted to my activity feed are gone
  4. IRoyalist Win User

Xbox One X 4k capture automatically stop by itself randomly

Good day,

maybe because the 4K captures takes a lot of memory, try to minimize the capture duration through capture settings and make sure that your captures storage is not full then try again.
  5. KaiChandan Win User

Video Clips on Xbox One S

Here are my settings:

allow game captures: captures by me

record what happened: 5 minutes

automatically upload: captures by me

game clip resolution: 720p SDR

Capture location: internal
  6. Arminator Win User

Captures stored ON my Xbox disappeared

It's not related to the update.

The Xbox console has only a limited amount of reserved space for captures, so if that limit is reached, new captures will "push out" older captures.

If you wish to keep certain captures permanently, you need to use Upload Studio to upload your captures to OneDrive for example.
Thema:

Captures

1. Captures - Similar Threads - Captures

2. How do I fix widget not showing up, all I see is a capture and audio.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How do I fix widget not showing up, all I see is a capture and audio.: [img] Does anyone know how to fix it? 01618721-9fc0-48e5-9aab-af451d7b28a5
  3. Xbox Captures: It would be nice to have party chat voice included into recorded clips

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Captures: It would be nice to have party chat voice included into recorded clips: Going through my recorded clips to delete some generic recordings and the majority of them seem lack lustre and out of context without the voice of the party that was included in said clip. With...
  4. Alpha Ring, constant sign outs, failure to capture screen shot when reporting

in XboX Insiders
    Alpha Ring, constant sign outs, failure to capture screen shot when reporting: Xbox updated yesterday and today I've had a few issues, but most importantly I can't report due to the screen shot issue. Ms rewards link that says you can edge search on Xbox is dead due to...
  5. Capture gameplay and voice over with Xbox stereo headset and its adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Capture gameplay and voice over with Xbox stereo headset and its adapter: I have a question now! I have got my Xbox stereo headset and adapter included today and realized that still, I can't record my voice over the gameplay captures. Is there anything to do with the...
  6. Xbox One X Sees My External HDD (4TB) / Correctly Formatted / Set As Capture location /...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Sees My External HDD (4TB) / Correctly Formatted / Set As Capture location /...: So far this is what I've tried with 3 very helpful Xbox Experts but the issue remains. Correctly formatted my external hard drive to NTFS I then connect it to my Xbox. In Settings, system,...
  7. xbox console companion not capturing game but capturing game audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox console companion not capturing game but capturing game audio: is anyone else having this problem with xbox console companion its been doing this since last week https://gyazo.com/bb2f0e54a288914fe2ed1752647f9219 the app only captures game audio and not my...
  8. xbox console companion not capturing?

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox console companion not capturing?: https://gyazo.com/fe8ae089cf241b82fa3c12080db5c1d4 been trying to figure out why this is happening anyone else having this problem with the app i been using it for 3months its been fine help me...
  9. Xbox Capture not recording in game chat audio. Unless without game chat audio. :/

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Capture not recording in game chat audio. Unless without game chat audio. :/: Xbox Capture not recording in game chat audio but records actual audio even though I did everything like set audio output to speakers and headset and what not. If this is some protection thing...
  10. 4K Capture stops automatic upload?

in XboX Insiders
    4K Capture stops automatic upload?: If so the UI really didn't make this clear. I know it says it'll upload at a lower resolution but it doesn't seem to say uploads only happen on demand if that resolution is chosen. Indeed the...